Poll

Which is your favorite Chrono Cross character?

Serge
8 (18.2%)
Kid
7 (15.9%)
Harle
15 (34.1%)
Norris
2 (4.5%)
Fargo
0 (0%)
Glenn
12 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: April 16, 2005, 10:37:10 am

Author Topic: 4/23/05 - Which is your favorite Chrono Cross character?  (Read 4473 times)

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
4/23/05 - Which is your favorite Chrono Cross character?
« on: April 16, 2005, 10:37:10 am »
Since in every previous poll, the winner had a majority, we'll just be using those for the finals. (If the winner here doesn't have a majority, we may do a run-off round, just so there's no doubt.)

My thoughts on this one:

Serge is out, as I really hate silent protagonists.
Fargo's out, as his stealing ability is all he had going for him, and Kid can steal as well, beating him out.
Kid also beats out Harle in the end, based on storyline considerations. They both had decent stories, but Kid's is more extensive.
Norris, while still good, just isn't all that outstanding in the end.

Which leaves Kid vs. Glenn.

In storyline terms:
While Glenn has more backstory than most characters, it just doesn't compare to Kid. Kid wins here.

In battle terms:
Kid's only saving grace is her ability to steal. Glenn, on the other hand, is one of the two most powerful characters in the game (along with Serge; it's hard to say which is better). His Green-innate also allows him to use healing elements well. Glenn wins here.

Design:
Kid looks like a british harlot. Glenn is a noble knight who wields two legendary swords. Glenn by a long-shot.

In the end, my vote goes to Glenn.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 10:49:52 am »
Kid has more of a pesonality than serge since being a silent protagonist he cant really have much of one and Kid can steal as for glenn meh serge's stronger and Orlha is almost as strong as glenn and Orlha is hotter than glenn and isn't a choice Kid wins more of a pesonality and Kids hotter than serge and glenn and is a main character

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 08:01:35 pm »
I'm going to go with Serge on this one. It's no contest for me.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 01:28:02 am »
As much as I like Serge, Kid is much cooler. And that accent is awesome.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 06:38:00 pm »
all i have to say is "bah, karsh>glenn"

anyway, glenn i guess.  though karsh is still my favorite.

razor's edge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 12:27:49 am »
I gotta go with Serge, but Kid and Glenn are both close seconds.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 06:25:55 pm »
Serge - Emotionless hack with a double-sided weapon

Fargo - Pirate (which is a plus) blowhard (which is a drastic negative) that can steal (big whoop, so can Mel, and that doesn't make Mel any cooler)

Kid - Wow! Actual descent character development! Kick ass!

Harle - Again, pretty good/fair character development (2 outta 30+ aint bad, right?)!

Norris - Bleh, besides the nice little wink to Magus by being part of Porre's Black Wind, he wasn't much of anything special...

Glenn - Cool swords...not much else...It was kind of neat to find out that he liked Riddel, but who cares? Nothing else really happens because of this knowledge...Seems like everyone around her had an effing crush on her...I bet she got pounded by big daddy Viper in the manor when she was naughty...But that's getting a little off-topic, isn't it?

So, in the end, I go with...*drum roll* Harle. Where as I found Kid to be mostly annoying and whiney, I thought Harle's character was a lot more fun...Plus, she makes fun of Korcha instead of agreeing marrying him like Kid does (/can do). And, out of most of the 30+ playable characters, Harle was one of the few whose character design I thought was actually good looking and kind of original. Plus, I learned later that the whole French accent was actually not part of the original Chrono Cross over in Japan, which made me feel 10x better about her character...

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 01:37:06 pm »
I would have liked to see an ending where Harle and Serge get married. Now thats comedy!

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005, 03:05:30 pm »
Alright, it doesn't look like a run-off will be reasonable, seeing as behind Glenn it's a three-way tie, so I think we can just declare Glenn the winner here.

Ed

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 12:35:31 am »
But..... Harle should win....

*Weeps softly*

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 01:57:46 am »
Harle? The bloody jester? It is true she had more character than most, but she had not the beauty of some, nor quite the character strength of others. She was too much an oddity for my liking.

Ed

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 02:10:23 am »
I have a thing for oddities... what can I say?
<3 Harle...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 02:58:53 am »
That I can plainly see by your avatar...

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 04:16:51 am »
Harle, no doubt. Even though that, while you can have her in your party it would mean an excess of black innates, she really "kicks-ass". She has high strength, and her best weapon is very powerful. Furthermore, she acquires her last tech earlier than anyone. Of course, she lose some punch respect other chars when you are in high levels (new game +), but in your first play through, she is a force to be reckoned with.

She is very humorous, but like a good harlequim, the eternal smile is just make-up, and inside she weeps greatly, torn between her feelings and her destiny. She is also the philosopher of the game, and leads and helps Serge in his identity change. Also, the endings with her and Serge-Lynx are so moving! For me, they are second to the "good ending".

Overall, i like Harle the best... i cried for her lol  :oops: And i always try to retrieve it for the good ending (what requires 3 consecutive playthroughs lol :D).

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 07:03:17 am »
glenn everytime, hands down winner! As you can tell by my avatar, i think he is great! Kinda looks like Serge with blone hair though...o well. He is the coolest.

~Darth LC :twisted: