Author Topic: The Wait Continues  (Read 6854 times)

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
The Wait Continues
« on: March 22, 2009, 11:01:05 pm »
     For those of you who missed the January update on the Chrono Trigger Novel Project website, the detailed presentation packet that was in the works for quite some time was finally sent to the corporate office of Square-Enix.  This brings us to today's update:

Naturally, as discussions ensue with Square-Enix about the fate of this project as we know it, updates and activity are fairly sparse.  The main thing that everyone is looking for is that next big update, the answer to the question: will they say yes or no?  While that determination is being made, I've decided to start what will hopefully be an interesting discussion in the CTNP Forum, which basically focuses around one central question: Should the "unthinkable" happen, what do you think the CTNP should do next?  This is a project that has existed in some capacity now for over 12 years and has positioned itself as a regular, well-known part of the Chrono community.  It is, in fact, the longest standing project still maintaining an active status and following.  Therefore, I've decided that putting this question out there publically is an entirely appropriate thing to do, regardless of what happens in the end.  For this, please refer to two locations in the forum: one for general discussion and one for a poll (be sure to go to both).

Since many of the visitors here may prefer to discuss it in the Compendium forum, I'm fine with that, too (despite my usual preference to try and keep discussions in one place).  I do ask that everyone at least take the poll.  However, this is mostly a discussion that will need to take place amongst the community with limited direct involvement from me, due to the current situation.  Furthermore, please note that this entire subject is only for interesting interim conversation.  In no way is it meant to signify any response or actual planned direction for the project.  Thanks to everyone for their involvement!

Discuss in the CTNP Forum
     Take the Poll
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:05:08 pm by ctnovelist »

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: The Wait Continues
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 11:08:16 pm »
I saw this project's site years ago, and have always wanted to read your story. If you don't get the okay to actually publish the book, at least release it on the net as fanfiction.
Here's hoping for a yes, good luck!

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:16:59 pm »
Check out the demo chapters, if you haven't already.

And we're all awaiting the big news man, here's to hoping for the best.

Magnificant Marcus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 11:37:54 pm »
I hope all goes well especially if it was in the works for 12 years. Until the confirmation is made about the project, I shall keep my fingers crossed. Good luck, God Speed, and whatever other good phrase there is.

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 11:43:05 pm »
Thanks for the well wishes!

Yes, the project has existed for 12 years, though there were significant periods of downtime in the past.  The entire history of the project's progress has been spotty, but it's probably more fair to say that current efforts have existed for over 8 years and that the last 2-3 years have seen the greatest productivity.  In all of this time, however, I could only begin to describe the experience, contacts, friendships, tactics, and support that we have gained.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 12:27:03 am »
How long have you been waiting for a response, exactly?

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 12:32:24 am »
The presentation packet was sent in the beginning of January.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 01:02:40 am »
You might write out "Chrono Trigger Novel Project" in full at least once instead of using CTNP every time in your news post. That way people who are unfamiliar with the project know what you're referring to.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 02:43:09 am »
You might write out "Chrono Trigger Novel Project" in full at least once instead of using CTNP every time in your news post. That way people who are unfamiliar with the project know what you're referring to.
I would say most people are smart enough to put 2 and 2 together by looking at his signature, but some might have them disabled, and others just might be that dense.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 03:16:45 am »
I would say most people are smart enough to put 2 and 2 together by looking at his signature, but some might have them disabled, and others just might be that dense.

Half our visitors only look at the news page and bounce most of the time. Signatures don't appear in news posts on the front page.

Now can you put 2 and 2 together?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 04:07:56 am »
We can disable signatures from appearing when we read the forums? Hot dog! I'm going to go find that switch right now.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 04:09:10 am »

Half our visitors only look at the news page and bounce most of the time. Signatures don't appear in news posts on the front page.

Now can you put 2 and 2 together?

We can disable signatures from appearing when we read the forums? Hot dog! I'm going to go find that switch right now.
Under "Look and Layout Preferences" in the "Profile" menu.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 05:36:40 am »
Aye, I found it. Unfortunately it also erased my signature from view. Now I am torn.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 07:21:16 am »
What if they never give an answer at all?

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 10:07:53 pm »
Ramsus, that's a good idea.  I just modified the post.

Chrono 99, let's just press forward assuming that's NOT the biggest concern.