Author Topic: It has begun. Media/Bonus ideas?  (Read 721 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
It has begun. Media/Bonus ideas?
« on: April 15, 2005, 08:54:06 pm »
If you've noticed, the site is ready to take it to the next level. I will have the chance to post bonus media or links in custom sidebars for every Article, Feature, Fanfiction, Fan Project page or ROM Hacking page. What I need now are suggestions; I don't want to lessen the glory by overloading myself with the task of making ideas.

For instance, the CTRP interview could mirror all their screenshots in the sidebar. ROM Hacking tutorials might have links to utilities needed to complete that specific tutorial. And so on.

Throw ideas. We're ascending! And by the way, the official soundtrack to these final measures is "Dancing Mad," first form. Yeah, I'm on an FF6 craze right now.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 06:23:59 pm »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Stories/2

Example feature. Right now, I need some input; would you rather have Features divided into separate pages to cut down on intense scrolling?

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 03:12:18 am »
That would be the most probable course of action, IMO.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 03:07:09 pm »
The pages are good, easier on the fingers.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 03:04:04 pm »
Looking good...Although I have a couple slight suggestions (maybe you've thought of them, maybe some of them are in use in other sections)...

1. One of those page button deals on the bottom so that you can go to whatever page (and know how many pages there are).

2. Perhaps there's an easy way to, like, put 'Artist' or 'Remixer' before the artist/remixer's name and something along the lines of 'track title/remix' before the...duh, track title/remix name...I know it's fairly obvious, especially with mixers like Scott Peeples...But it can get fairly random when you throw in one-time mixers with odd names and similarly odd track names...

3. Alphabetic maybe? Maybe we could put things in some kind of order so you can easily look up remixers or track names even in the remix watch?

Alright...I don't even know if I'm making sense any more...and I couldn't spell alphabetize...it just doesn't look right...