Author Topic: CC gameplay question **SPOILERS**  (Read 2325 times)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
CC gameplay question **SPOILERS**
« on: March 15, 2009, 04:09:39 am »
I have recently began CC again to fill in my Spring Break until I have to go back to the University in a couple weeks.

For the first time, I rejected Kid on every occasion and was able to get Leena, Glenn, and Macha (plus more frames I missed on my playthroughs many years ago)!! Since I am using New Game+, enemies are no problem - Serge has a Spectral Swallow and I gave Pierre the Slasher (these are my heavy hitters) from my previous playthroughs. NOW... I finished clearing the fog and Ghost Ship from the Sea to get to Mount Pyre, but do I have to go back to Guldove to get Kid and Doc? OR can I advance up Mount Pyre and keep healing the lava HP drain to face the Devas and enter Fort Dragonia (without also getting aide from the Water Dragon)...? I know I'll have to get Kid eventually, but when do I have to make that pit-stop?

*phew*!!!! Once answered, I'll remove this topic, but I am just dying to know... as I have never played these particular paths before and I am hitting the hay now to pick it up sometime in the new day (I had a hard time rejecting Kid... LOL!!!!). :picardno

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: CC gameplay question **SPOILERS**
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 04:22:27 am »
You don't have to. You can go straight to Mt. Pyre after the Ghost Ship.

The only things you will miss by doing so is Doc and the Astral Amulet.

However, the Astral Amulet is given to you by Harle once she joins, so in the end the only thing you miss is recruiting Doc and doing the Water Dragon Island sidequest.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 04:33:45 am »
Once you get through the volcano cave(on the world map again), you will not be able to find Kid in Galdov.

PS: So you will not be able to get Mel?

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 07:14:53 am »
Once you get through the volcano cave(on the world map again), you will not be able to find Kid in Galdov.

PS: So you will not be able to get Mel?
Since he didn't take the Hydra Marsh path Mel is not available at all.

The path he is currently taking won't have Kid recruitable until after Chronopolis.  Even then he doesn't have to.

Just kind of dawned on me that for as central a character as Kid is, she isn't in the party much.  Even having her in at all times possible it's from the Karsh battle until Viper Manor, then post Hydra Marsh until Fort Dragonia, then Orphanage on Fire until endgame.  That encompasses maybe 1/4 of the total game.

When you think about it.  You only 'have' to have her in the party for Viper Manor.  You can ditch her for every other part of the game if you want.  Poor Kid.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 12:06:54 pm »
Not even in Viper Manor, if she didn't join in Cape Howl, you have another chance in Termina, which again you can refuse.

One can pass the game without Kid in the party at all.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 01:00:03 pm »
What happens if you reject her in Termina?  She plays kind of a big role in Viper Manor.  Does she just show up near the end of it or something?

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 01:04:43 pm »
Yeah, she will show up during Viper Manor event for many times...

[Acacia Dragoon]
   Ugh...
   A red demon...
   got me...

[Acacia Dragoon]
   It was horrible...
   It was a 9 ft tall monster,
   with huge protruding fangs...

(It's too embarrassing to
   say it was a girl...)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 01:05:38 pm »
Considering it would be the same as if she wasn't in the current party.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 04:08:47 pm »
Thank you all for the helpful replies!!

Topic is complete and I will head to Guldove to get Doc for the first time.

EDIT: Mod or admin feel free to unlock if I was too premature.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 04:12:26 pm by Magus22 »

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 01:28:47 am »
Unlocked. More questions may come up.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 03:40:26 am »
I shall take advantage of this RD!!

I have heard of the mysterious young traveler from the mainland who just happened to have Hydra Humour on him before ever playing this path of not helping Kid... this includes knowledge of Norris being that "someone" who gave the Hydra Humour to Doc. Talk around the Compendium since 2006 have stated that it could only be Norris hands down due to the fact that we learn about it in a non-cannon ending. I disagree with this conclusion of Norris somehow learning of some girl in Guldove who has a slim chance at living. Norris was too busy at Viper Manor, being watched by Orcha (most of the time), and Norris even got locked in Luccia's test cage. There's no way it could have been Norris. There's also no reason/motive for him to deter off from his mission and save a stranger with a veil of Hydra Humour he just so happens to have handy... It does not make sense. Furthermore, the mood and feel - music and dialogue suggest and point to different speculation. This "young man from the mainland who did not give his name"- for all we know could have been Crono or Magus... or someone else. There's no evidence to suggest otherwise, but is knowledge from a non-cannon ending enough to satisfy an official occurrence that happened in actual gameplay events?

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 04:09:33 am »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,6621.msg129479.html#msg129479
I remember it was discussed. But one of problems is, neither Crono nor Magus was "young" at that time, unless a young version of them time travelled to 1020 AD.
In the earlier development of the game, Guile was planned to be Magus. It is unlikely that they added another Magus who came from the mainland. However, if he was Norris, maybe they should add some special dialogues for him and Doc.

swordandshield

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 08:39:29 pm »
What that thread says is the truth. The rumor of it being Magus however, is untrue. It was Norris who did that. He happened to be gathering intel undercover as the dishwasher in Viper Manor's kitchen when that nasty incident with Kid went down, and being a nice guy, he couldn't let her waste away in Guldove so he ventured off to help her. It's explained in one of the endings. It's explained in very vague details so it might be easy to bypass but you should be able to find it with little trouble.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 02:36:32 am »
What that thread says is the truth. The rumor of it being Magus however, is untrue. It was Norris who did that. He happened to be gathering intel undercover as the dishwasher in Viper Manor's kitchen when that nasty incident with Kid went down, and being a nice guy, he couldn't let her waste away in Guldove so he ventured off to help her. It's explained in one of the endings. It's explained in very vague details so it might be easy to bypass but you should be able to find it with little trouble.

Right, but my argument was saying the ending was non-canon, so that it may have been someone else.

Well, I finished CC again and it was a wonderful close to this Spring Break (college tomorrow :x). However, I am angry (just remembered) that your elemental summons get wiped clean along with the Lv7 techs... all that hard work obtaining both types for nothing, yet my Shockwave Gun's and Sea Swallow's keep stacking up when you can't sell or disassemble them. You should at least be able to keep the Forget-Me-Not Pot...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 10:26:07 am »
You should at least be able to keep the Forget-Me-Not Pot...

But you can. Or how else would you be able to later doppelgang the Acacia PVT and SGT?