Author Topic: Chrono Crisis (Sort of) Becomes Chrono Ark  (Read 13779 times)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Crisis (Sort of) Becomes Chrono Ark
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 06:10:33 pm »
The thing is, half of the people don't even know the back story.  I was going to post it but Chains told me not to as he'll stick up for himself.  There's a lot more then what you guys may think there is so don't judge about how updates weren't released.  He's got a lot more on his plate then you would think.

RoeTaKa

• Iokan (+1)
  • Composer
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 02:09:07 pm »
My comment on the situation is that I refused to continue composing for a project I had nearly no updates on, and all the work I saw was coming from the other team members who I get on very well with. Also I lost passion and had no go in me to continue it. How can you put that together when the main guy isn't communicating or showing anything? I've been with the project for years, and I can count the in depth conversations I had with Chains with my hands pretty much. I have no grudges, I just want results. I'm happy with all the work I've done so far and good luck to Chains in how he uses and completes it.

Now, Chrono Ark. Communication is great, we work hard, we have great ideas and motivation. It's true I made 97 complete songs for Crisis, and others I did not want included. I'm going to use some of that for Ark but will reproduce and change that for better quality and to fit with the game. To me this is a fresh project though and I am going to compose new music and themes. I'm hoping that Ark will have a 50% new soundtrack, with the other 50% slightly different and better quality to Crisis. Though if you ask me we'll see Ark out years before Crisis haha, so it won't sound bad at all.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 02:49:47 pm »
Welcome to the Compendium, RoeTaKa!

Good to hear some more input on the whole "Chrono Crisis" crisis.  Bad joke, I know...

Anywho, I've heard your stuff over on the Crisis website, and I gotta admit, it sounds pretty durn bangarang.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2009, 03:53:07 am »
I haven't been keeping up on this as I should have.

It seems that the cliche of there is two sides to every story is true here.

I wonder what will come out of this. I would like to hear what Chains has to say Justin, but since he doesn't want you to post it.

As I have followed the project when I was younger from it's humble beginnings I must say I drifted away from it, because it wasn't that true CT sequel I was hoping for rather just a completely new story. But CT:CE reprised that for me.

Anyway, I am now waiting to see what Chrono Ark has to offer and I am wondering what Chains will do with Chrono Crisis.

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2009, 03:34:47 am »
I have two things to say...

1.) ARK? what the hell? like the idea, but the name has got to go baby...
(don't take #1 to heart)

2.) Crisis was never alive, it has, and will always be a dead project.
I mean that whole "It will be done when it's done" shit was unfair to nerds like me.
(so with that in mind, can't we drop the whole ark thing a just steal Crisis?)
I love the way it rolls off the tongue... Chrono... Crisis

any who, enough about a project that never delivered
Crimson Echoes WILL PWN ALL!

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2009, 09:33:22 am »
The concept of Ark/Crisis has always interested me. What I'm guessing is the 'It'll be done when it's done' attitude is mostly because of the management of Chains. I dunno, I'm not into video game politics, but that's a guess.

As for the name Chrono Ark, it rolls of my tongue quite easily. It actually makes more sense than Chrono Crisis. For one, it can be abbreviated to CA, while CC for Chrono Crisis is taken. Another thing is that in all the Chrono games, the title of the game is an object in the game. The Chrono Trigger of CT is the time egg. The Chrono Cross saves Schala in CC. I don't know what a Chrono Crisis would be. A Chrono Ark, though, could be an epic time ship needed to save the 9th dimension or something like that.

And for the project never being delivered... they've promised something by the end of the year. That's something. Think about this, though.

Squenix could find us and shut down CE before it comes out.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2009, 06:30:32 pm »
I'm not a fan of where Chrono Ark is going.  Some of the character names are still unfinalized, but they're throwing in some random Japanese names into the characters which really just ruins it a bit right there.

Either way, I'm looking more forward to Crisis then Ark and always will.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 07:29:26 pm »
The problem is most people involved in the fangames are hardcore anime fans and thrive off Japanese culture...

People like me, who like anime alright but are really just not that into it, sort of disregard and grunt and all the attempts to "Japanify" things.  Japanese names included.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 07:48:32 pm »
The problem is most people involved in the fangames are hardcore anime fans and thrive off Japanese culture...

People like me, who like anime alright but are really just not that into it, sort of disregard and grunt and all the attempts to "Japanify" things.  Japanese names included.
Agreed. Japanese culture and anime are cool and all, but they don't really fit this game's style. Yes, it was originally Japanese. Yes, the concept art is an anime style. BUT, even in the original Japanese version, the names and themes were not traditional Japanese (maybe except for Maoh).

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 11:09:59 pm »
I'm not a fan of where Chrono Ark is going.  Some of the character names are still unfinalized, but they're throwing in some random Japanese names into the characters which really just ruins it a bit right there.

And which names are Japanese? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't seem to recall any.

Arc: English
 Maia: Latin
 Naomi: Hebrew
 Artemis: Greek
 Aurora: Greek
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 11:14:48 pm by Lena Andreia »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 12:18:54 am »
It was from ages ago when it was first shown.  But if I recall correctly, one of the characters had a really strange Japanese name which probably changed.

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 01:54:26 am »
 Hmmm... The character names were pretty much the same as they've always been. The only difference is that we dropped last names, but I believe the only one released was Arc's.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009, 06:09:39 am »
It was from ages ago when it was first shown.  But if I recall correctly, one of the characters had a really strange Japanese name which probably changed.

Kagero?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2009, 08:55:32 am »
Can't remember anymore.

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2009, 04:28:39 pm »
 Kagero's been around since Crisis. :3 Really, I think his is the only Japanese-ish name related to us. (we named our studio after him)

Anyway, we should have another update soon. Things are moving along pretty fast (and will probably REALLY speed up during the summer. I'm excited! :3)