Author Topic: Chrono Crisis (Sort of) Becomes Chrono Ark  (Read 13672 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Chrono Crisis (Sort of) Becomes Chrono Ark
« on: March 13, 2009, 11:29:44 pm »
Chrono Crisis's rocky development has finally necessitated a mutiny and reorganization. As of tonight, Chains of Fate is now the sole member of and contributor to Chrono Crisis. He will retain what he's done on the project. The entire team (Lena, Xenith, Chum, Roe, Ghost, D-ko, Val, and others) have departed with 95% of the game's existing assets and plans, which they will continue to develop as Chrono Ark. I would like to extend, on behalf of the Chrono Compendium (...hahaha) a warm congratulations in regard to their their newfound freedom and some hearty encouragement. The Chrono Ark team is hoping to get something out by the end of the year.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:35:25 pm by ZeaLitY »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Crisis (Sort of) Becomes Chrono Ark
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 11:38:40 pm »
... hurray?

I don't really follow Chrono Crisis as much as I should, but go Chrono Ark! Now, will CA be a completely different project from Chains' game working off of the same material, or will they just go in a completely different direction?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 11:53:26 pm »
... hurray?

I don't really follow Chrono Crisis as much as I should, but go Chrono Ark! Now, will CA be a completely different project from Chains' game working off of the same material, or will they just go in a completely different direction?

Just 95% of the same material. Maybe there will be some name changes.

By the way, don't dare criticize Chains for committing all the atrocities revealed in the mass e-mail sent out by Ghost, or all the people he hindered and abused over the last year will say you're being mean.

I swear, the Crisis / Ark forum denizens are some of the most emotionally and egotistically fragile people I know.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 12:03:15 am »
Wouldn't dream of it. People in domestic abuse cases act similarly; even though the person did horrible horrible things to the partner, they will never say anything mean about them because they still love him/her.

Sounds awesome. I cannot wait for it all to be done!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 12:13:11 am »
Chains is a jackass for what he did. It's true. So I don't understand why people are sticking up for him, just check the bloody email.

Quote from: Ghost
To be honest, the leadership/management provided by Chains of Fate has not been anywhere near “fair” or “reasonable.” In fact, Chains has often been lax in providing updates, initially undesiring in allowing inter-team chatting unless Chains himself was part of it. In short, he is a control freak, trying to manage every part of the project, which has previously left a lack of serious miscommunication among team members.

I mean, christ. The guy is just... what.

BUT ANYWAY FUCK THAT GUY

Chrono Ark is a glorious hope for the team's future.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 12:14:02 am »
Looking forward to Chrono Ark!

Nickolz

• Porrean (+50)
  • Dreambender
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 12:20:18 am »
Well, I don't even know Chains or have seen his management skills, so I'll just hope Crisis doesn't get stuck in place forever, like I do with almost every other Chrono fan game.

Oh well then, all new Chrono Ark demo coming by the begginning of next year. It really really doesn't look like a normal Friday 13. So many nice things showing up today.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 12:38:09 am »
Huh.  Who knew...!

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 01:11:18 am »
Edit: I know they have seen the guy as a friend and I understand they kinda don't want him to be badmouthed, but...

I'm sorry. There is a line that needs to be drawn somewhere. If this has gone on for as long as it has, I'm very surprised they didn't do this sooner.

God/Althena/Entity/etc. bless them, they must have the patience of saints to have put up with it for so long.

I wish them the best of luck.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 06:06:24 pm by skylark »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 01:13:14 am »
Yeah, all the people saying "CRISIS IS BEING WORKED ON YOU IDIOT, STFU AND LET THEM WORK, IT'S DONE WHEN IT'S DONE" were sort of wrong.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 01:32:09 am »
...whoa. Had to absorb this news for a bit. I'm actually really interested, as a practical matter, in dissecting what went wrong with the project's internal structure. In what way was communication among members stymied? Was there not a private forum? Would IM sessions have solved the problem? I read Ghost's email but I'm still unclear what lessons can and should be drawn from it.

Also, given the divorce analogy applicable here, well...was the house split in half? Seems like Chains may have more material than we initially thought.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 01:37:43 am by FaustWolf »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 06:38:08 am »
Isn't this the second time the project has been split? I seem to remember reading that CT: Day of Thantos was split from an early version of Crisis or something.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 02:46:57 pm »
I am not surprised.     What I am surprised is how long it took for this to happen.

All the people were like.  "Don't question our authority and STFU"     You basically couldn't have a decent discussion of the Crisis project without that.     Mostly it's just threads with people's wishlists.     

Everyone was over emotional and even defended spammers if you were a newbie.

I am glad I never joined. :picardno

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 02:49:48 pm »
Someone named HolyPalatin is upset about the situation not being updated here.

Basically, Chains of Fate worked hard (not lazy), but wasn't able to keep in contact, and the email was written in the heat of the moment.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 06:05:53 pm »
All right, after reading both sides of the story, I may have been a little harder on Chains than I should have. (Sorry, Pyt.) I edited my previous post to reflect that.

Still doesn't excuse some of the things he did, but looking back, I was kinda like him at one point. In a few ways, maybe I still am.

I know damn well I would never be able to be a leader, so I don't really have a right to judge... :picardno

Again, I wish them all the best of luck.