Author Topic: 2300 AD  (Read 3065 times)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
2300 AD
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:25:25 pm »
I got bored so I did a rough draft of 2300 A.D. in TF to what I think it would look like with out Lavos's interuption:

And its only now that I realize one of the mountains is missing a chunk...oh well easily fixable....)

I actually got really excited when I flew the epoch around 2300 A.D. and it looked like that so I went into the Overworld events to try to change the music and get rid of the random strikes of lightning and the snow(or whatever it is flying around) to realize....I have no idea how to edit the overworld events at all i'm just baffled at how much information is in there eek!  :shock:

Any insight will be much appreciated!

I figure i'll share! At the bottom is the flux file (in theroy I uploaded it correctly). All you have to do is import it to 2300 A.D. map 3.

Oh and make sure the pallette and- what not matches this: (or else it'll turn out very ugly)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 03:29:30 pm by TheMage »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: 2300 AD
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 11:40:57 pm »
Looks good. But you missed adding some type of building in the Sun Palace island, and the Factory.

But again, looks good.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 11:44:29 pm »
Nice work! Did you base it off the CT:DS 1999AD minimap, or the CT 2400AD map?

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 11:56:37 pm »
Looks good. But you missed adding some type of building in the Sun Palace island, and the Factory.

But again, looks good.

Yeah I did I wanted to use other buildings I was getting tired of using the same three buildings over and over but since i'm using the 1999 tileset there arent many building options, so I just didn't put them in because i'm lazy lol.

I know I can probably edit the tileset using FaustWolf's comprehensive guide but i havent gotten around to it :)

Nice work! Did you base it off the CT:DS 1999AD minimap, or the CT 2400AD map?

Thanks,  I tried to based it off of the CT 2400 AD map.

Off topic I did make a 1999 AD map, I was originally basing it off of the CT:DS 1999 AD mini map but I got way off track it looks more like 1000 A.D. and needs some work:

And this maps been cut off tooo....it doesnt look like that in the rom...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 12:13:42 am »
What does the castle is representing?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 12:15:03 am »
The map doesn't get cut off. Somewhere near the bottom of your post is a scrollbar that you can use to see the rest of it. The forum does this automatically so that extra-large images do not stretch the posts.

Those maps look pretty good. But shouldn't the castle in 1999 be on the other continent?

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 12:19:54 am »
The map doesn't get cut off. Somewhere near the bottom of your post is a scrollbar that you can use to see the rest of it. The forum does this automatically so that extra-large images do not stretch the posts.

Wow i'm an idiot >.> lol

Those maps look pretty good. But shouldn't the castle in 1999 be on the other continent?

Yeah I don't really know why I put it there it should be where the original Guardia castle was. I think I thought of putting the castle in after I had already made the continent where it should have been and I got lazy so I tried to see what it looked like on the other side and I just never got around to switching it around. lol

What does the castle is representing?

I was thinking maybe it could be a museum or something :)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 12:22:28 am »
Guardia Castle no longer exists by 1,999 AD. There is no need to change the castle's location.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 12:31:09 am »
Guardia Castle no longer exists by 1,999 AD. There is no need to change the castle's location.

Yeah not sure what to do with it, I can just leave it where I put it, I just thought it'd be neat to throw it in there because its different from all the domes. It could be a replica of the original castle and stand as a museum and if I ever made the inside of the castle it would be different from the original guardia and I could have some fun with it, I was mostly fooling around when I made the map

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 10:46:16 am »
Fooling around aside, those were damn impressive maps. Personally, I think the castle in the second map is fine where it is--it could easily be a museum or some kind of historical landmark, or something, and since Guardia is gone, that's the only other place a castle could stand, right?

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 12:15:02 pm »
Thanks! Yeah we can leave the castle right there, actually thats roughly where Medina was it can be a mystic shrine mwahahahhahaha.....

too much sugar.

Does anyone know how to edit the Overworld events? I tried but man did it look scary. I can get the chrono team to walk around 2300 A.D. no problem though it still plays the same music and has random lightning strikes, I cant get the chrono team to go to 1999 A.D. at all, It just goes right to Lavos I dont want to delete something important in the events but it'd be neat if I could make a functional 1999 A.D. and change the 2300 A.D. map's music and get rid of the lightning >.>

Anyway, thanks for the comments!

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 03:40:48 pm »
This is pretty darn cool by the way. How did you do this with some ROM hacking device? I look forward to future works. Heh, who knows, maybe somewhere out there, there will be a new chrono game and...just wait will the future itself have in store? ;)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 01:08:05 am »
This is pretty darn cool by the way. How did you do this with some ROM hacking device? I look forward to future works. Heh, who knows, maybe somewhere out there, there will be a new chrono game and...just wait will the future itself have in store? ;)

Thanks! :) Temporal Flux really is amazing, I still don't understand most of it but I found I can change the overworld maps appearances pretty easy. Maybe I should write a guide?

I hope they'll make a new chrono trigger game! That'd be amazing, I'd like to see all the time periods in a chrono game and see what changed if anything :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 03:38:28 pm by TheMage »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 07:08:47 pm »
Looking good  :D

What are you guys talking about 2400 AD in CT? I don't remember the Epoch having that timeline in it's program :O

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 07:45:52 pm »
2400 AD from Chrono Cross, perchance...?