Author Topic: Need Help with installing Prophet's Guile?  (Read 3474 times)

leena_zeal

• Porrean (+50)
  • beauty lies in the eyes
    • View Profile
Need Help with installing Prophet's Guile?
« on: February 26, 2009, 07:25:08 pm »
Hey fellas!
I'm new here, and I just downloaded Prophet's Guile. It sounds pretty exiting, but I haven't been able to install it properly. I did exactly as the Readme file said, but when I try to open the patched rom nothing happens.
Help! I don't know what I did wrong...

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help with installing Prophet's Guile?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 07:35:12 pm »
Hmm... well first, welcome. Secondly, here's what I would suggest you do to get it to work.

1. Make sure you're using the unheadered patch. I guess the headered one will mess with the ROM.
2. Make sure you're using a clean ROM. Make a copy of your standard Chrono Trigger ROM with no patches on it and patch the PG patch to it. You don't mix patches. Kind of like you don't mix heroin and booze.
3. Make sure it's a good ROM, as well. I've read tales of the ROM going kind of boom because someone did something bad to the ROM.
4. Get the latest version of your emulator. It might not be able to read it for some reason.
5. Give it a little bit. It may take a little bit for your computer to get what's going on. Especially if your computer is old.
6. If all else fails, poke it. This has helped me quite a bit.

Let me know if any of this helps, 'kay?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 08:21:41 pm »
Didja run your ROM through Temporal Flux to remove the header first? I highly recommend hard-patching an unheadered ROM -- remove the header with Temporal Flux and use Lunar IPS to patch permanently to the ROM.

leena_zeal

• Porrean (+50)
  • beauty lies in the eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 01:52:08 pm »
Well, it's finally working!! yay!
I think all that poking helped a lot.
Lol, actually, I did it all over again and applied the Temporal Flux thing and its working now. Also, I downloaded the latest version of my emulator, which actually solved a problem i was having with the Retranslation Project, so THANK YOU BOTH for the help (and for replying so soon :)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 02:04:03 pm »
Make sure your emulator is ZSNES. The game freezes at two points if you play in Snes9x.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 04:59:21 pm »
Don't mention it, Leena! Always glad to help. The poking truly does wonders. And don't just stop with the asking for help. Maybe you could make a version of Prophet's Guile that works on Snes9x. That would be awesome.