Author Topic: AIM/MSN/Yahoo/IRC Chat  (Read 25149 times)

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: AIM/MSN/Yahoo/IRC Chat
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2009, 05:16:52 am »
Yeah, i d/led that 0irc thingy too and have no idea how to use really use it...The helpme basically just says "use it like any other irc client" which helps me not at all since I don't know how to use one in the first place...V_V

Try starting it and typing /connect irc.chronocompendium.com 6669
After you do "/nick V" and identify yourself with NickServ, use "/join #compendium"

EDIT: 0irc needs the command "/server irc.chronocompendium.com 6669" to connect to the Compendium's IRC server.

You can also see the other channels with /list

I'm just amazed that you guys got your own server for this.

Don't be too impressed. It's custom-built Athlon64 machine sitting in my room running off my cable connection here in Korea. It's my local file and print server.

I just got a good deal on low-end dedicated hosting though, so that's where the IRC server will move later next month, as popularity and usage picks up.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 06:25:57 am by Ramsus »

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2009, 10:03:51 pm »
 ...that might explain why the connection sucks so bad. Couldn't we host this somewhere else? I mean it might be kinda hole-in-the-wall, but with luck we won't run into annoying kids asking for Friend codes...

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2009, 04:13:22 am »
...that might explain why the connection sucks so bad. Couldn't we host this somewhere else? I mean it might be kinda hole-in-the-wall, but with luck we won't run into annoying kids asking for Friend codes...

I have dedicated hosting lined up, but the timeline for that is at least a few more weeks.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2009, 01:09:38 am »
It's a showdown atop a stormy hill.

The lightning crashes in the distance, and a volcano can be heard rumbling, beginning to stir.

<CC493> i had you peeple going hahahahahaha i did. dont lie. and i realy am his brother he is just at his UNDER AGE girf friedn house. ahahaahah. she is 15. clay realy shuldnt leave the computer running on his screen name

8) "You see, I was not that man after all, despite what you all believed. Your struggle has been foolish and a waste."

<ZeaLitY> Yeah, you guys were owned

:kamina "Do I care?"

<Snorlax> I didn't believe it fuckass
<Eske> so in the end, everyone wins
<CC493> hahahahahahahaha
<Eske> cept cc493

<CC493> i do win

8) "It's too late. The world's leaders are now all under my wing, my pawns to be played with on the board. In a mere 12 minutes I'll be the most powerful being on earth. And you, all of you. What do you have?"

ZeaLitY continues to stare, and suddenly a grin sweeps his indifferent expression away.

:kamina "Dreams."

* ChanServ gives channel operator status to ZeaLitY

<FaFniR> yeah dude you wasted your whole day
<Magus> [21:51] <Magus> he's cracking

<V> COMPENDIUMER #493: STATE YOUR BUSINESS
<Magus> and broken

* ZeaLitY has kicked CC493 from #compendium ()

<ZeaLitY> Get the fuck out

The feeling of Gar is heavy in the air.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2009, 05:24:31 am »
Hey, lookit that...when did this get sticky'd?

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2009, 06:15:15 am »
I asked Z to sticky it for us!

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2009, 02:51:28 pm »
I really wish that 2 things can happen with the IRC-

1. Nick characters are higher (cause 10 isn't enough for me)
2. Non Ops are given the right to kick. Z and Ramsus aren't around all the time and we get so many annoying people asking for the patch and other lame shit. TEH LETTRR IS FAEEKKKK!!!111 There is a way of getting the channel members to vote on a kick...  and to open up polls.

Anyway, I installed MSN again after not using it for a year. My name is:

lzakharo@ucsc.edu

add me : D.

RedNeckJiuJitsu

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2009, 03:00:52 am »
I quit using MSN because the ratio of people I talk to on it vs the number of spam bots that would message me was waaaayy outa whack.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2009, 01:35:41 pm »
Thanks for sharing...? That's odd, I've never gotten a spam bot on MSN that I recall...Maybe a newer version is worth checking out, Jiu?

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2009, 07:14:24 pm »
I quit using MSN because the ratio of people I talk to on it vs the number of spam bots that would message me was waaaayy outa whack.

I find it weird that you have this problem on MSN and not AIM, because I get way more spambots on AIM...

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2009, 01:51:41 am »
heh... I say rather than a /kick option, be a kicking option where a certain number of other users must also vote on weather or not to kick that person..

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2009, 01:54:24 am »
And what if there weren't enough people in the room to meet the voting requirement, but there was a spammer/stalker that reeaallly needed to be kicked?
Best just to have OPs that can be trusted to uphold the rules without abusing the commands. Less complicated, more effective.

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2009, 01:59:29 am »
And what if there weren't enough people in the room to meet the voting requirement, but there was a spammer/stalker that reeaallly needed to be kicked?
Best just to have OPs that can be trusted to uphold the rules without abusing the commands. Less complicated, more effective.

voting capacity would be a logarithmic function ratio to the whole of the amount of online users.

to put it more simply, if there were 6 people, then the amount to kick would be 3 (50%).  but if there were say, 15 users in the irc, then the need would be 5 (33.333%).  if there were 3 then there would need to be two (66.667%).

see where I am going?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2009, 02:09:43 am »
Makes sense, but the big snag in your plan: The IRC is full of idle people. Such as tonight, there are 14 people online, but only four or five are really that active. So unless idle members are not included, you would not be able to get a complete vote. Again, the voting process would be too convoluted, too complicated, and too lengthy.

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2009, 02:12:55 am »
Makes sense, but the big snag in your plan: The IRC is full of idle people. Such as tonight, there are 14 people online, but only four or five are really that active. So unless idle members are not included, you would not be able to get a complete vote. Again, the voting process would be too convoluted, too complicated, and too lengthy.

yes, it would be a bit complicated on the servers side...

...and yes, I know there is always a number of people idle...

...but its still an idea, and probably more reasonable considering the likelyhood of some asshole to come in and just /kick everyone with a general /kick function...

Get em off or get out

/shrug
ok