Author Topic: Edge of Eternity  (Read 2128 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Edge of Eternity
« on: November 25, 2018, 01:45:40 pm »
(Thought we had a topic about this already but couldn't find it.)

Almost 4 years ago, a game called Edge of Eternity was successfully Kickstarted. It started as a 4 person team wanting to create a love letter to the JRPG genre but has now grown into its own story. And very soon, on Dec. 5th, early access will start. I'm excited to see all the progress they've made. You can find the Steam page here.

Of special note to us Chrono fans, aside from their familiar game description--"An indie tribute to J-RPG classics. Explore a universe blending fantasy with science-fiction, intense ATB battles, and branching story."--their funding allowed them to hire Yasunori Mitsuda to provide orchestral music for the game! I'm looking forward to hearing those songs as well.

And finally, and more for my own amusement, a recent email I received from them showed my Kickstarter backer number: exactly 1000! :D

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Edge of Eternity
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 08:47:50 pm »
I forgot all about this!  It looks like I never ended up pledging, but I remember stumbling across the campaign back when I was working on my Final Fantasy album.

I remember seeing that Mitsuda was involved and totally planned on going back to check it all out. I'm totally pumped to hear what he wrote for it!?  Do you know if it's limited involvement, or is he composing the entire score?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 11:27:04 pm »
NICE! This looks really cool. This is the first I've heard of it and am SOOO glad you clued me in.

In watching the trailer, it's hard to believe this is an indie title. The environmental graphics are top notch and really have a Xenoblade Chronicles vibe, which I am thrilled to see (that game is one of the best games of the past decade, btw). It looks very alien and scifi-meshed-with-fantasy.

Dude, I am wishlisting this on Steam. Seriously glad you clued me in!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 12:17:26 am »
No problem, Boo! And yeah, for such a small team, they've done an incredible job. I sincerely hope their game sees an eventual and very successful release, unlike many other games which become lost in development.

@CptOvaltine: I'm not 100% sure of Mitsuda's total involvement, but the Steam page says "A stunning soundtrack from [Mitsuda]", so I'm taking that to mean he worked on at least some, if not all, of it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:19:43 am by Kodokami »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 01:19:17 am »
@CptOvaltine: I'm not 100% sure of Mitsuda's total involvement, but the Steam page says "A stunning soundtrack from [Mitsuda]", so I'm taking that to mean he worked on at least some, if not all, of it.

The official website reads:

An epic soundtrack composed by industry legend Yasunori Mitsuda!

So I'm thinking he actually wrote it. If so, cool cool!

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 09:08:16 pm »
That's pretty sweet!  I'm really excited to see what he comes up with!