Author Topic: Crono feedback  (Read 3105 times)

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Crono feedback
« on: February 17, 2009, 03:16:16 am »
In this topic, we speak about Crono. Because Crono...well, speaks. Do you think we captured his personality well? or at least what you imagined his personality to be?

For the record, he speaks in the official CT manga, and many artworks depict him smiling or sleeping, implying a carefree, brave-but-laidback attitude. We partially based his dialogues on these sources, though one of the key difference here is that Crono is married to Marle.

So, betatesters, how do you feel about Crono's personality and character development in Crimson Echoes?

Lenophis

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Crono feedback
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:27:34 am »
Chrono seems fine to me. I was a little more surprised by Magus, actually.

Suppose I should elaborate. Magus seems like the type of "whatever happens, happens." On top of that, he's a bit of a strong-but-silent type. The dialogue so far hasn't been out-of-place of either type, he just seems more talkative now than he was originally.

It could also be that I'm completely misinterpreting his character from the first game. Take this with a grain of salt?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 03:33:24 am by Lenophis »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 01:43:41 pm »
Well, I like that he doesn't speak too frequently, so it's not like there's any drifting into any real set personality for him. He seems fine.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:49:37 pm »
One of the benefits of being the maker of the game is that you get to take some artistic license with interpreting these things. So far, I've seen nothing to complain about Crono's characterization.

Having said that, I'll offer a criticism: Many of the characters in the game seem distractingly similar, personality-wise. That'd probably be the fault of whomever took point on writing the dialogue. One of the tricks to video game characterizations is that you have a very small amount of overall word space in which to get your characters' personalities across, and to do it well you have to be a little exaggerative (or just naturally good at characterization in a minimalist medium, but the other way is easier).

The only "That's not right" moment I've had so far in the game was when Magus got mad at somebody and shouted at them. Unfortunately I don't remember the line. I think it was "You'll pay for that!" or something similar.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:07:56 pm »
He says that when Dalton makes fun of schala I believe? 

D: "you're as obstinate as that traitor schala"
M "you'll pay for that"

IIRC, i'll let zeality comment.

--JP