Author Topic: Two Party Bug (Fix'd)  (Read 800 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Two Party Bug (Fix'd)
« on: February 16, 2009, 05:02:19 am »
Hey, the two party code doesn't seem to be working correctly anymore.  The second party seems to only have two players in it for most of thecombinations I tried.  I looked at the code and noticed you changed it quite a bit.  Just so you know the reason I made it the system of the remaining PC's appearing and you talking to them is because I found the "reserve slot" memory to be really unreliable.  It always came out to 00 or something (it was a long time ago).  If you get it working that's awesome but i tried for awhile :-/

Anyways the game is in a playable state so I think I'm going to make the patch for the debuggers.

I'm checking out for just one second so I can import a fixed new zeal map (it had a showstopper earlier).

--JP
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:50:03 pm by jsondag2 »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Two Party Bug (Fix\\\\\\\\\\\\
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 05:15:34 am »
That's strange. Can you post an SRM file?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 05:19:03 am »
Sure,  Just so you know this game started at chapter 16 and went onward.  Use the current party, run through the final dungeon, talk to the Nu and keep the party the same (crono frog robo).

But it seems to happen no matter what the party is.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 05:26:43 am »
Hm...i'll clean up this post later and put it in like a bug topic but for now we can talk here.   I put a text for {value 8} before every call to Object 8 arbitrary 1 (using mem.item to add to the active party).  It prints out 0 (Crono, correct), 2 (Lucca, correct) and 129 (incorrect).

I totally remember this happening I don't know why it happens but it's super annoying.  In fact I think I had to rewrite the code to make the two parties for the atash kedah chapter because of this same problem.  If you can figure it out that'd be amazing.

--JP

EDIT:  I first transferred 7F0200 => 7E0200 for the {value 8} to work