Author Topic: FaustWolf's progress thread and bug report  (Read 14783 times)

Lenophis

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: FaustWolf's progress thread and bug report
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2009, 01:54:18 am »
I think someone was iffy on the ability to quickly defeat the acid blob enemies in the factory, but part of game balance is throwing in a freebie enemy here and there.
The issue I had was the insane amount of experience said acid blobs gave, not the easiness of the blobs themselves.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2009, 01:56:39 am »
Just wait until you can break into the Dreamtime. There's an experience and tech point farm! I actually really like it though...

Lenophis

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2009, 02:08:34 am »
You mean where this mofo is? If so, I feel kinda dumb then, cause I kinda ran from everything in there.
* Lenophis considers doing a couple of return trips

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2009, 02:35:03 am »
Hm.....dreamtime shouldn't be accessible  congrats on the free exp :).

The epoch can't be changed :( changing one 0 to a 5 makes 1000 = 1555 instead of 1005.

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2009, 02:45:39 am »
For the Epoch time gauge, can you get rid of the numbers altogether? I mean, what's important are the "Present," "Prehistoric," "Chronopolis," etc. labels, right?

I only fought some blob enemies in the Dreamtime, I'll have to try taking on the Eidolon sometime. Cool. However, I have a feeling it'd kick my ass at this point.

Also, the Dreamtime has several bugs, such as a funky time gate (the open gate graphics aren't proper), and situations in which the second and third player characters will just run offscreen.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2009, 03:39:17 pm »
Darn, I'm not sure which Bellbird it was back in Chapter 11. It was right after Marle popped out of the gate but before she was intercepted by Cedric near the location's exit.

Chapter 13: Frog Bueller's Day Off Animal Persistence

1. The tile transition from grass to cliff in the newly revealed part of Singing Mountain seems a bit too abrupt on the right side of this image -- maybe use some of those mossy tiles on the lefthand side of this image. (If possible)

2. If Azala had proper foresight, she would have prepared for the Ice Age.

3. Tile priority issue here. Kong just got a rock in his cranium. No wonder the guy's such a doofus.

4. I'd recommend a comma after "Epoch" when coming in for a landing in Chronopolis, but this could depend on the structure of the agent's speech. See what ZeaLitY thinks.

5. Needs a he either before or after "indeed."

Also, what's up with the option to press the "R" button in the Hunting Grounds? An NPC tells me you can "use R" to call out frogs, but nothing ever happens for me. It's used in the dance (she twirls you sing) and i made it so the frog in the flower field only shows up after you sing (now)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:06:36 am by jsondag2 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2009, 03:42:12 pm »
Yeah, definitely make it AGENT 12: Epoch, you are cleared for landing.

Did you lose at the Hunting Range?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2009, 03:51:23 pm »
I won with five frogs, but after I caught all the visible frogs I wandered around for a few minutes like a doof tapping the R button in hopes of summoning more.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2009, 01:16:35 am »
Chapter 14: The Glare of Midnight

1. Should be your little separatists.

2. I'm not exactly sure when this happened now -- possibly after the first time battling in this room.

3. When Slash exits after attacking the big red armored dude, he kind of slides while standing. Use the floating animation if possible.

4. This warning could stand some grammar.  JP NOTE:  bug'd for zeality

5. During the Ozzie minigame, an imp might wander "under" the bridge Magus is facing but due to tile priority issues the Imp appears to be walking on the bridge itself. However, I couldn't reproduce this phenomenon with the player characters after the minigame.

6. Bit difficult to see here, but there's a tile priority issue or something going on. Part of the character sprites jut out from the solid black wall.

7. This issue exists with all the tiles along the upper wall.

8. Just wanted to make sure you're supposed to be able to walk over these tiles. JP NOTE: yea you can

9. Slight tile priority issue maybe. Perhaps move that right Hench a bit to the left?

10. Yeppers.

11. During the Flea minigame Flea says the line "one more hit" after the enemy has been hit twice, i.e., after the two hits necessary to take down the skeleton with Flea's fireballs.

12. Sometimes Ozzie's game sends the camera away from the player when it begins. Corrected when I entered and exited the menu screen. I think this occurs if you get a lift from Ozzie up to the second level of Kasmir's fort, then jump back down and follow Ozzie into the middle path in the entrance room. Go through the fort to get to that minigame room the long way, and it shouldn't happen.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 04:17:45 am by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2009, 06:10:26 pm »
Chapter 15: The Darkness of Noon

Maaan, it took a lot of self-control not to hit "record" when Dalton appeared in the King's room.

1. This is a palette glitch and not just serious blanching, right?

2. Punctuation fix needed.

3. Seeing as the "Guard" enemy sprite is associated with Porre specifically in CE, it might be best to replace this sprite with a Guardia soldier sprite. Just a nitpick.

4. I actually thought this was really cool, and that maybe it was one of Kasmir's illusions before I realized it was a bug. This happens if you head straight down into the hallway without scrolling over enough to see Dalton in the king's chamber. It creates such an eerie effect that I think you ought to keep it, actually, but that's just me.

5. Should be "It brings a tear to my eye..."

6. Tile priority issue in the 1005AD cathedral.

7. Spellcheck.

8. Punctuation check.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:53:36 am by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2009, 01:10:54 am »
Chapter 16: Stop the Porre Lab!

The NuMote may be the best thing ever. I loved Marle's interaction with Belthasar given events in the previous chapter too.

1. I could swear that Melchior's inventory suddenly shrunk at the beginning of this chapter, but maybe it's on purpose?

2. A comma after "Marle" may be suitable.

3. Should be "the worst part" unless it's intended as a pun.

4. Tile priority issue.    JP NOTE: That's on purpose :)   Guess it wasn't as clever as I thought....:(

5. IIRC, this is in Choras 605AD.  JP NOTE: Bug'd for zeality

6. Final lines need to be given to the Mystic Knights in the Masamune-restored Middle Ages.  JP NOTE: bug'd for zeality, though Vehek is probably right, i think they are supposed to have gone to the bend of time off screen

7. Might be difficult to see in this image, but the tree in foreground, which Lucca is standing under in the image, could use some touching up on the right-hand side (it looks kind of incomplete). This is the main Mystic Den in 605AD.

8. In this section of the Porre Lab there's a tile solidity issue with the wall it seems.

9. More fun with tile solidity.

10. This tile solidity issue can actually get the player stuck in the wall if he or she tries hard enough.

11. Ouch! Check the status screen while standing between the piano spikes and you've got a potential showstopper -- the spikes will reset when the field screen is restored. This is a serious risk because the player is bound to try and equip the brand new helmet lying in the chest next to the piano.  JP NOTE: I bug'd this for a better solution later, but  for now i disabled the menu

12. These lightning bolts tend to get discombobulated like so. I'm not sure whether it's a function of the length of time the animation plays or if it happens when the player tries to run against the barrier.

13. Discombobulated or not, the electric barrier seems to be in Luccia's room as well. This is not a safe place to raise kids.  JP NOTE: .....hm...annoying   I really can't seem to be able to fix this...

14. This mutant's palette maintains the effect of Magus' "Double Tap" tech after the tech is finished. The palette is restored once the creature is struck by another attack. I *think* this is the only mutant this happens to, but I could be wrong.  JP NOTE: .... :(

15. The non-solid tiles for the horizontal doorways tend to be placed a bit higher than they need to be throughout the Porre Lab.

16. This happens when Layer 3 spell effects are applied to the stairway tiles. If you figure this one out I'm interested in a solution, because I've encountered it while pitching in with justin3009's Schala project.  JP NOTE: Crono 99, fixed this once...but iit wasn't for such a popular pallette .....:(

17. Not too big a deal, but I noticed that access to the menu screen seems to be turned off in the smaller rooms after the countdown begins.  It's not disabled in the main part?  It should be, the way the timer thing works is I  store the "second" counter when the  countdown starts..if they were able to go to the menu they could just go to the menu and make sure they are in the menu when that second goes by.

18. WAT DID YOU SAY?

Oh, I just have to ask -- that guy who was "brought in to beta test" Leene Square, IT GOOD RITE? You know, the guy who looks like Taban?

Also, I may have just missed this, but does Cakulha have an appropriate reaction to the news that Coyopa was just turned into a giant mutant and slaughtered? I'm probably just unfamiliar with Cakulha's location in Chronopolis.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 02:31:25 am by jsondag2 »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2009, 01:16:04 am »
Chapter 16: Stop the Porre Lab!
6. Final lines need to be given to the Mystic Knights in the Masamune-restored Middle Ages.

I think the Mystic Knights being there is from an earlier draft. They probably shouldn't be there.

I'm probably just unfamiliar with Cakulha's location in Chronopolis.
He's in the Infirmary.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2009, 01:56:12 am »
Aha. Cakulha doesn't seem to react to Coyopa's death (he was more interested in the data cube), but then again the party may either be withholding info from him or maybe Reptites just aren't emotional.

Also, I'm afraid I must admit there's a problem with saving. I've been noticing it most in Chronopolis -- saving there in that hallway after collecting Ayla, then turning off ZSNES, and when I go to load the game, a previous save is there instead, and I have to go through the motions of collecting Ayla again. I'll need to do more investigation into the exact circumstances that cause save erasure. It hasn't been that big a deal for me because I savestate up the wazoo.

Also, even though storyline check isn't my top priority, I want to make sure the player is following events as best as he or she can at this point (plus, you know I have ulterior motives here  :oops:). So I want to make sure I'm understanding a plot point properly...

Going back to the events of Chapter 15, KZ's major goal in causing all that havoc was to collect the fully-charged Sun Stone, which he'll use for something uber later on, correct? What was KZ's rationale for stealing the Masamune exactly? Kasmir seemed to take out Masa and Mune pretty easily, so did KZ do something to weaken them, thus easing his entry into Castle Guardia? Or did KZ take the Masamune out of its resting place in the Ocean Palace ruins simply to strike Magus, and it was a truly whimsical act that changed medieval history?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2009, 02:38:52 am »
I would be very surprised if there is something wrong with the game saving engine (I use it quite a bit) is it..only with the chronopolis hall way?  That'd be pretty weird too.

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2009, 02:45:45 am »
Don't worry too much about the save problem for now, especially if other beta testers haven't noticed anything. It's possible that it's a ZSNES problem somehow related to video capturing. That's something I've been doing differently from other beta testers. Could be something like, if you record or play a ZMV capture, it screws with the .SRM file and makes the .SRM file match the movie. I don't know why that would be, but that's my current theory for lack of a better explanation.

Quote from: jsondag2
It's not disabled in the main part?  It should be, the way the timer thing works is I  store the "second" counter when the  countdown starts..if they were able to go to the menu they could just go to the menu and make sure they are in the menu when that second goes by.
It's likely that the menu was disabled all over, I only checked in the side rooms, motivated by the wish to use a Shelter at the savepoint. I didn't think to check the main room.