Author Topic: FaustWolf's progress thread and bug report  (Read 14779 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: FaustWolf's progress thread and bug report
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2009, 04:18:48 am »
Wow, thanks for taking the time to comment on each bug!

10. The battle between the Vanguard/Guardians and the Mystics has lots of graphical irregularities that could be ironed out if you want to polish it further. This is if you choose Porre's side. Ogres are running around in trees and stuff.  JP NOTE: I think the stuff coming out of trees is on purpose?  Screen shots?
Yeah, I got the impression it was meant to be that way. It probably isn't anything to worry about, but if it bothers me enough I'll go back and post a screenie.

2.Crono's disembodied voice. He's actually standing behind Robo during this scene, but he really should be standing around Lucca since Robo was the only character to wait up for Magus.  JP NOTE: Do you remember your exact party (order and all?)
I brought Crono, Lucca, and Robo to the Ocean Palace, but I'm not sure about party order now, darn. I guess it was probably Crono-Lucca-Robo, unless Robo is forced into first slot at that point -- then it would have been Robo-Crono-Lucca probably. After Robo and Magus returned to Chronopolis, Crono was stuck in the chute behind Robo instead of being where Magus was looking when Crono said that line.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2009, 05:34:57 am »
Haha, that vicious riddle. Finally got it on the tenth try or so. When I couldn't find the answer on the Internet, I knew I had to be thinking too hard. Good one! Is it case sensitive though? I felt like I had to try variations of each guess, one with a capital first letter and one with a small first letter.

I don't think I'm finished with the chapter yet, but I wanted to point out a potential showstopper: the player can go to 1005AD before visiting 12,001BC. Now the quirk is, when you go to 1005AD, you're deposited in the Denadoro Mountains but your Gate out is deep in Leene Square. It's raining in Leene Square at this point and some dudes are blocking the way to the Gate. Unless there's another Gate I forgot about...?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2009, 05:37:33 am »
Medina gate should be open?  I could have sworn we added dialogue to the soldiers blocking the gate something like {PC2}: We can use the gate in Medina!

Hrm.....i'll check tomorrow.

--JP

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2009, 09:36:35 am »
I can get the ROM there later today, but for now, can anyone name off hand what NPCs need dialogue for the non-neutral choices? I know the blue imp in Medina should always have the trading quest line.

GUARDIA: The Vanguard troopers grew restless in your absence, {Frog}.{page break}You've raised some fine soldiers! / LEENE: {Frog}! Be careful. We've heard reports of fresh battles with Kasmir.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:28:18 pm by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2009, 02:02:19 pm »
Just the blue Knight sprite (Luther?) needs a line before he gets swept away. This is in the "side with Medina" scenario. I can't recall missing text during the other scenarios.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2009, 03:23:37 pm »
LUTHER: So, this is how it's going to be...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:25:57 pm by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2009, 07:53:09 pm »
Chapter 5: Asking the Mirror

Actually, this chapter went off without a hitch other than the miniscule overlay issues with the NPCs. My only bugs happened during my pre-chapter walkabout in 1005AD.

1. Negociations. Should it be "negotiations," or is this guy supposed to speak with a heavy British accent?

2. Keep on an eye, will ya!?

3.These guys are blocking the way to the Gate in 1005 AD Leene Square, and with a party of Magus/Marle/Lucca, nobody tells me there's a Gate in Medina. I haven't actually checked the Medina Gate yet, I'll be shooping that into a pre-chapter walkabout for the next chapter.  JP NOTE: Yup you're right the extra line is if marle is in your party and it doesn't give a hint to go to medina

4. I'm thinking this is actually extremely realistic given that Magus & co. are sort of stuck in 12,001BC for   JP NOTE: Yup on purpose
the time being, but just wanted to make sure it was done on purpose.

5&6. The many problems in the Medina boat station.

Glitches include the devilman's palette (this is in the FixedVBugs edition),
the blue suit's sprite getting discombobulated while the game engine tries calling up a certain frame,
and the extra space in the text box of the guy in the second pic.  JP NOTE: This is on purpose, it's so I can reuse the code for subtracting money and such.

So far so good. I was able to figure out the riddle independently, though I must admit I tried consulting the Internet before arriving at the deceptively simple answer.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:43:42 pm by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2009, 02:13:31 am »
Chapter 6: The Breaking Point
Yeah, the Atash Kedah scene rocked.

1. Do I look like Crono? This NPC in 1005AD (either the Choras, Porre, Guardia or Medina boat stations, maybe Choras IIRC) is seeing things.

2. Grammar check. This dude's text box should have a space between "Choras'" and "performance."

3. How do I play this again!? I tried out the shooting minigame in Choras 1005AD and there didn't seem to be any instructions for it IIRC.  Whoops.....you use R :)

4+5. All your exhibits are belong to us  Punctuation please. There's two NPCs in the room that say this line, and neither end in periods.

6. Placeholders make great conversation.

7. A little late for trimming the verge, eh Samwise? A nitpick, but that foliage to the left could use some more tiles for greater completeness.

8. Battle overlap check on the rock formations -- some of the tiles on the rock columns overlap the Avian Rexes when they fly past.  JP NOTE:  damn avian rexes .....so annoying

9. Magus' OmniShield glitched during the Nizbel fight. Yeah, I knew you wanted to hear that. It's just like with the Golem Boss. Same diff with Lucca's Protect I suspect, but I need to see what her Protect spell looks like under normal circumstances.  JP NOTE: .....

10. Empty? It's an illusion, I say!! After opening this treasure chest in Marle's first Emerald Dream dungeon, it's graphically closed but open in game memory.

Difficulty Report
*I worry slightly about what would happen if the player had neither Crono nor Magus in the party, since shocking the Reptites and Nizbel is a crucial part of strategy there. Any way to have Belthasar warn the player or something?

*After arriving in the prehistoric era, I was kind of clueless on where to go. Granted, my RPG senses told me to explore every nook and cranny, but there needs to be some clue that Ayla has gone to Singing Mountain. However, that clue may have been given and I just didn't know it. I know it's a pain, but some repetitive clue would be helpful in case the player gets to the world map, saves, doesn't pick up the game for a few days and totally forgets what he or she is supposed to be doing.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 04:22:09 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2009, 02:28:06 am »
*I worry slightly about what would happen if the player had neither Crono nor Magus in the party, since shocking the Reptites and Nizbel is a crucial part of strategy there. Any way to have Belthasar warn the player or something?

(From Lenophis bug report)

http://slickproductions.org/img/fudge/CT%20-%20CE49.png

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2009, 02:29:58 am »
Aha, perfect.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 02:32:28 am »
haha yup one step ahead of ya :)

These next few chapters difficulty reports are super important (for obvious spoiler related reasons)

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 03:29:06 am »
Chapter 7: An Emerald Dream I

No bugs other than that one I shooped into my last report.

Difficulty Report:
Whoever decided to provide the Fay Arrow is my hero. Talk about rewarding players for exploring! Marle totally wouldn't have survived without it. I really liked how Dinopolis had this "tactical espionage action" feel to it.

The battle with Cakulkah's troops after finding the datacube in Dinopolis was really heartpounding. I had so many close calls it was unbelievable, but barely scraped through thanks to the Fay Arrow's strategic value.

In short, the Fay Arrow is the hero of this chapter.

EDIT: By the way, does the "Hit" stat for Marle and Lucca add to their weapon attack power as it did in Chrono Trigger? After checking some of the weapon stats and comparing them to the character attack power rating, I'm under the impression that it might not, though I should probably test with a Ribbon accessory.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 03:31:49 am by FaustWolf »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 03:37:50 am »
The stats are the same as they were in CT as far as I know.  yea the that arrow is definitely key for the chapter I've never tried going through the chapter w/o it. 

I'm glad you found that little extra forest I was worried people wouldn't explore.

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2009, 03:38:59 am »
The ribbon accessory works fine and ups attack power, so I must have been hallucinating or something.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2009, 04:15:15 am »
*After arriving in the prehistoric era, I was kind of clueless on where to go. Granted, my RPG senses told me to explore every nook and cranny, but there needs to be some clue that Ayla has gone to Singing Mountain. However, that clue may have been given and I just didn't know it. I know it's a pain, but some repetitive clue would be helpful in case the player gets to the world map, saves, doesn't pick up the game for a few days and totally forgets what he or she is supposed to be doing.

There's an NPC in one of the huts that says Ayla went east, to Singing Mountain. Perhaps there should be more clues? There could be a second textbox for the woman in Ayla's hut, since that's where players are more likely to go if they don't see the other NPC.