Author Topic: FaustWolf's progress thread and bug report  (Read 14875 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: FaustWolf's progress thread and bug report
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2009, 02:47:35 am »
Menu Disabled:

Yea i realized that people could be critical in HP while I was typing.  I recover the players HP/MP after the fight now for that scenario.

--JP

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2009, 04:16:35 am »
Going back to the events of Chapter 15, KZ's major goal in causing all that havoc was to collect the fully-charged Sun Stone, which he'll use for something uber later on, correct? What was KZ's rationale for stealing the Masamune exactly? Kasmir seemed to take out Masa and Mune pretty easily, so did KZ do something to weaken them, thus easing his entry into Castle Guardia? Or did KZ take the Masamune out of its resting place in the Ocean Palace ruins simply to strike Magus, and it was a truly whimsical act that changed medieval history?

Yeah KZ has a plan with the Sun Stone. Taking the Masamune in the Ocean Palace ruins was just a whimsical act, because Magus was there and KZ knew he had a weakness to Masamune/Lavos energy. He didn't do anything to Masa and Mune (technically they should actually be stronger considering they should be absorbing Lavos energy from KZ's Frozen Flame). However he probably made Kasmir stronger when he took him out of 605 AD. Perhaps we should add a line saying so?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 04:18:25 am by Chrono'99 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2009, 04:21:08 am »
I tihnk the kasmir masa/mune scene is ambiguous enough to be believable.  There used to be an entire army out there and it's unclear how long kasmir has been fighting masa/mune.  I always imagined it being the very end of a pretty long battle.

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2009, 11:14:42 am »
It's fine left ambiguous, I'm just making sure I understand the finer nuances. I do like the idea of some indication of Kasmir's newfound strength (some fans will be pissed that Masa and Mune go down so "easily" to a bad guy), but it's not absolutely necessary. Crono & co. defeated Masa and Mune pretty handily after all.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2009, 11:28:56 am »
Aha, so you've now seen the finest use of "Welcome to the party" in Chrono fandom.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2009, 11:33:57 am »
Yeah, that was superb. I have to admit, I was just slightly disappointed when Dalton didn't pronounce it "Welcome tot he party!" but the wider audience wouldn't get that and think it was a typo.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2009, 03:48:33 am »
Promised I'd get back to this on Wednesday, and it's currently Thursday...but only in certain time zones! On with the show!

Chapter 17: Unto the Breach (I think it's chapter 17...did I skip a chapter or anything?)

Man, what a glorious thing the Frozen Flame challenges were! I can't wait to go through the game again and see what happens in Crono's, Lucca's, Ayla's, and Robo's.

1. Walkin on plasma, and don't it feel good!! This was in an earlier build though, before I took some time off to investigate techs. I noticed that an enemy death noise during the Barghest/Jinn battles was fixed between patches, so this may have been as well for all I know.  I couldn't repro regularly (by walking) i'm assuming this was the party going crazy after battle (which I've fixed)

2. Tile priority issue here.

3. And here.

4. Tile solidity issue in this room.

5. Some punctuation or slight sentence change needed here. I'd suggest: "Lucca...your brain is nothing but a tool to be used by those with more power..."

6. Lucca proves she's badass by stomping on a treasure chest during her Frozen Flame trial.

Also, I noticed that no chests could be opened in Marle's or Lucca's Frozen Flame trials, but that Magus could open one. Is that okay? 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:25:56 pm by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2009, 04:05:59 am »
Chapter 18: The Dreamtime

1. Party goes haywire after battle...

2. This one doesn't actually happen after battle for me, just when Crono (lead character) approaches the spot Magus is standing in in the pic.  JP NOTE: YOU sure it wasn't from the battle?

3. Party goes haywire after battle...

4. Party goes haywire after battle...

5. Tile priority issue.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 04:43:35 am by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2009, 04:45:18 am »
For the second pic above, it may have been after I cleared out the enemies in the vicinity of that bug, but it was definitely triggered by approaching that specific spot when it happened to me. I'll have to watch out for that on my second playthrough.

Chapter 19: Dalton's Last Stand

ZOMG, Magus killed a d00d. I liked the death speech, you guys gave the poor guy more character than Square Enix was willing to.

1. Tile priority issue with the mountain here. It's hard to see in the pic, but the overworld characters' itty-bitty feet stick out.  JP NOTE: hrm...i couldn't repro this...but you hvae a picture as proof :) um did you make this appear by approaching the back of the mountain or did you somehow get back there from the front?

2. Corner tile priority issue.

3. Same diff.

4. Same diff.

5. Tile solidity issue.

6. This tile priority issue is a bit difficult to notice because it seems to self-correct when the character's sprite and the tile overlap completely.

7. Tile solidity issue.

8. Sometimes.

9. Tile solidity issue.

10. Corner tile priority issue.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 06:19:42 pm by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2009, 10:04:55 pm »
Yeah, I approached the mountains from the back. In some hack, someone totally needs to stuff something cool behind a mountain. 'Cuz it's awesome when you can walk behind them.

Chapter 20: Let Us Part in Regret

Gaspar laying the moral smackdown on Belthasar was tres enjoyable.

1. Ha, just barely caught a pic before Melchior walked offscreen, but is the gold sash intentional, or a palette dilemma existing in the Zeal era? For what it's worth, I thought it looked cool.  JP NOTE: There's a "gray coat" melchior NPC.  I figured he's in the cold so he might change coats?

2. Line indent inconsistency (as far as I know).

3. The Metal Mute in the first left-path screen of the DBT gets funky upon triggering battle. BTW...am I supposed to be able to get into the DBT before returning to Chronopolis and fetching a Time Egg?

4. Insert line here.

5. Grammatical nitpick; maybe "He's even spoken of a new paradise."

Ooh! Sidequests...gotta catch 'em all!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 02:30:59 am by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2009, 03:05:47 am »
Pre-DBT Sidequests

1. It'd be kinda cool if you could get back into the Mystic Tunnel after you exit out the other end. This is where the Vanguard Training Ground (or some kind of battlefield) used to be, but its erasure prohibits two-way access to the Mystic Tunnel dungeon.  JP NOTE: well in a masamune timeline the tunnel wouldn't exist. the real bug is you can access it from the other side, and that bug is fix'd

2. Dialogue opportunity here.  JP NOTE: Zeality bug'd

3. And here. JP NOTE: Zeality bug'd

4. I just now noticed that when Crono came back into the party, Ayla was missing. I believe this is going to prevent the completion of the Agent 9/Missing Son sidequest, since the friendly Xamoltan says something about needing to get the "human leader" to commit to peace.  JP NOTE: .....

5. Grammatical nitpick. Maybe "the Zenan continent?" Maybe just "Zenan has a lot to offer"?

6. Looks like a tile priority issue; Lucca shouldn't be standing on that pole.

7. I believe it should be "I think he got lost in prehistory."

8. This kid's dialogue needs some punctuation. Also, I think Lucca told the kid that her parents would find his parents, after he already reported that his parents are dead. I think that's how the conversation went, at least.  JP NOTE: Zeality Bug'd

Hah, I'm still trying to find Spekkio since he's run off to some peninsula, or I think it's a peninsula based on his description. Also, does the "three volunteers trying to be knights" sidequest only get activated if Frog's in the party? I suspect the volunteers are in the Mystic Tunnel area, but I'm not sure. I couldn't seem to trigger it with a party of Magus/Marle/Lucca, but maybe I just haven't found the right NPC yet.

I'm going to try for an end-game run now. I'll go through again a second time after fiddling with techs during my Spring Break, which begins this upcoming week.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 04:55:40 am by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2009, 04:29:08 am »
4. I just now noticed that when Crono came back into the party, Ayla was missing. I believe this is going to prevent the completion of the Agent 9/Missing Son sidequest, since the friendly Xamoltan says something about needing to get the "human leader" to commit to peace.

This is huge....are you 100% sure it's when crono came back to the party?  So directly after sargon?

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2009, 05:16:44 am »
OK, the ayla bug really worries me....

I'm 99% sure it's not when Crono joins i checked the events and there's no party removing at all...only adding crono. 

Are you sure you had her after the flame dungeons?
When you went into the final dungeon did you go far enough to get to the split party part?  If so did you have Ayla then?  If you did do you remember how you used her (first party, second party, no party?).

I played through the game from chapter 19 --> the end and ayla stuck around the whole time so it must be something specific ordering of events that you did.

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2009, 05:20:04 am »
Ayla came back for me only after the party got back together late in the DBT. I'm fairly sure I lost her upon Crono coming back, but I can't be absolutely sure of that now. D'oh! I hadn't been using her, so she sort of slipped under the radar.

It might have been after the flame dungeons. I'll be going through the game again next week with the same party and I'll keep a close eye on when this happens.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 05:22:00 am by FaustWolf »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2009, 05:36:11 am »
Yea I was going to say try just finishing the split party. 

But.....one of the bugs you mentioned above talks about going to the DBT before you got the time egg from chronopolis.  How far in did you go?  Did you get to the split party sequence or did you just stay at the entrance and then leave?

--JP