Author Topic: FaustWolf's progress thread and bug report  (Read 14874 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: FaustWolf's progress thread and bug report
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2009, 04:51:59 pm »
Definitely go with the correct spelling, which I'm guessing is fiery.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2009, 01:46:43 am »
1. (Emerald Dream II): Defeat the first Reptite/R-66 combo in Huacan Factory, exit, return, and run into this robot. The player's party will be shifted to another location and furthermore, will get stuck in the wall. I'd call this a semi-showstopper. My party was Robo-Lucca if that has anything to do with it (I did Lucca-Robo the first time around). JP NOTE:  Yea, I think i may have called this a show ruiner earlier haha

2. (Emerald Dream II): Huacan Factory, I think this is the second screen. Just a tile priority flub. Robo's head should be visible, but the tile is overlying it.

3. (Emerald Dream II): Huacan Factory again, a tile solidity issue this time unless there's a secret passage you're supposed to be able to access by navigating through the right-hand wall here.  JP NOTE: as intriguing as a secret passage is this was just a bug
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:58:31 am by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2009, 04:04:13 am »
Good lord, there was a Reptite enemy (it was Yaluk IIRC) who used a really fantastic Shadow-elemental single target spell in Emerald Dream III. JP, did you do that with these commands?

(sound)
LoadSpriteLayerGFXByte2
(sound)
LoadLayer3GFXByte7
(sound)
LoadSpriteLayerGFXByte3

If so, that was pretty damn radical and awesome. If not, I want to know how you did that sometime. I have no clue how you got a Fire-red palette and a Shadow-dark palette for the separate sprite layer spell effects though.  JP NOTE: It's definitely all AI changes. It may have been an unused (or rarely used) attack in CT.  I don't remember the spell exactly but I remember being pretty happy with the AI of that battle.

Moving on...

<.<
>.>

JP NOTE: <.<

1. In Emerald Dream III, there's a Cave Ape battle on one of the western paths, I think it's where you go to talk to the Reptite forgemaster. After the battle, my party got wacked out.

2. Grammar nitpick. "Atleast" should be at least. JP NOTE: gross they had indents too

3. In The Gray Forgotten, I think you encounter two Krawlies (soon to be new enemies is all goes well?) in the passage leading up to Cakulha. The Krawlie on the right discombobulates noticeably on certain frames, whereas the one on the left does not discombobulate.  JP NOTE: should also be revisited if all goes well.

4. Not sure if this happens with all parties, but I had Lucca in the third slot IIRC. There's an extra speaker name in her text box here after defeating Kakulha.  JP NOTE: It wouldn't happen if Lucca wasn't in your party :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 03:54:38 am by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2009, 10:02:48 pm »
Ohhhh, and a showstopper brings FW down for the count!! I'll list the latest bugs in order; showstopper is the last one.

1. Medina shop if you sided with Porre earlier. Should be "we're," not "were."  JP NOTE: again indents as well *sigh*

2. Hmm, "that was cake" sounds a bit awkward. Can we make it "a piece of cake"? JP NOTE: Fixing that bug was cake

3. Party goes haywire post-battle in this hall in Kasmir's Fort.

4. This is just before leaving for the Fall of Guardia. Simply Err... could work. It just needs some punctuation.

5. Looks like a battle tile priority issue on the left. The door is blocking the reaper.  JP NOTE: Fix'd as much as I could but it's another one of those damny flyinig enemies that don't care about battle solidity

6. Looks like the party goes a little haywire following that reaper battle shown above.  JP NOTE: did you somehow reliably make these happen this play through?

7. After the Fall of Guardia, Crono's mom oddly freezes without saying anything when you talk to her -- no text box even. I'm not sure whether switching Crono out had anything to do with this.  JP NOTE: I couldn't repro this... there was a slight delay before the textbox but it did eventually come up?

8. Speaking of which, the live-in maid in Crono's house seems to recognize him in the faces of people who aren't Crono.

9. Could use a comma following "Hurry"

10. Party goes wonky after the first battle in the Ocean Palace.

11. These tiles just above the tree, approximately in the center of this pic, strike me as particularly off-palette. JP NOTE: haha , where the hell did those come from

12. Showstopper in Ayla's Frozen Flame trial! After confronting the Reptites who look like Xamoltans, Ayla gets transported into a black screen of death in which she is captured forever. She can't move from her starting spot whatsoever, because she's placed on a solid tile apparently.  JP NOTE: Ah, damn that's a good one nice catch I think this was caused really really recently (i.e. in a private build)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:23:26 am by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2009, 04:24:32 pm »
Yeah, the textbox for Crono's mom never came up for me, or at least not within the time I hung around that room (2-3 seconds probably). I'll see if I can go back and test that out more later.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2009, 04:43:42 pm »
Same thing for me. I tried speaking with her at least once in every chapter, no textbox, and she freezes.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2009, 05:22:59 pm »
....hrmm annoying.  Out of curiousity do you guys remember if you did the little trading sidequest at the beginning (deliver a letter and cake).....that's really the only action that ever takes place in that house that I wouldn't have done by skipping there via the debug room. 

I may have to ask for a savestate/srm from you two if I can't figure it out later.

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2009, 05:54:27 pm »
I *did* do the delivery sidequest as a matter of fact.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2009, 06:09:09 pm »
I did the delivery quest the first time, then had to reset because of that Choras Inn. Started it the second time, forgot to complete it until later on in the game.  I can give you my srm, but it wouldn't make much difference. She freezes in every chapter.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2009, 06:36:17 pm »
FW you were using the private build correct? Was she freezing every chapter for you or just post FoG?

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2009, 06:44:38 pm »
Yeah, I was using the "twopages" private build. I just checked the "Stop the Porre Lab!" chapter and she's not speaking to me there either. However, that's awfully close to the point I was playing through when I found the bug to begin with (right after Fall of Guardia), so I'll have to check this out further and report back.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2009, 06:55:38 pm »
Can you like debug room to say.....chapter 13 and see if she's talking?

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2009, 09:53:51 pm »
Aha! Just tried what you said JP, with the "twopages" private patch still. Zooming directly to Chapter 13 and talking to Crono's mom at the first opportunity does produce a text box, after a very slight delay as you said earlier. Definitely not what Zephira and I had experienced recently. Hmm. Maybe I *didn't* complete the card/cake sidequest after all? I could have sworn I did, but I don't have pics to prove it or anything.

EDIT:
As soon as I progress past the Frozen Flame trials and have access to the overworld in the latest private build, I'll post an SRM file for your perusal JP. I've now tried this via the debug room with several chapters, and Crono's mom is still talking. It definitely had to be some gameplay variation that caused the bug.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:05:06 pm by FaustWolf »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2009, 11:18:24 pm »
Ah repro'd! I have a save state repository from when I did my playthrough and my chapter 16 is definitely reproing this.

I'll investigate.

--JP

Edit:

*rolls eyes* found it, it was the cake quest which explains why I couldn't repro via a debug room.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 11:25:32 pm by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2009, 01:43:48 am »
A few more for ya:

1. Extremely minor graphical nitpick. Looks like it could be a tile priority issue, but not something the non-beta tester would pick up on.  JP NOTE: It's good that you have to be picky :)

2. Maybe use a different "sleeping" sprite for Ayla so it doesn't look like the enertrons have torn her in half. JP NOTE: poor ayla I never ever test her because i always use the debug room

3. Weird indentation of King Zeal's line in the bonus "revival scene."

4. Party can get a little wacked out after the battle with the blobs that guard this treasure chest in the Dreamtime.  JP NOTE: Seriously you must have found a way to do this on demand

5. Again, this time with the enemy that pops out near this light alcove thing. Also, the enemies don't die normally at the end of the battle. Rather, they freeze and disappear after the battle. JP NOTE: ditto

Man, CE has really grown on me during the second playthrough. It's getting more and more difficult to tear myself away from the game, haha. The amount of polish added since last playthrough probably has a lot to do with that. Once all the new special features are added to the final product, it's going to be a major hit, I can just feel it!  JP NOTE: Yea I always warned beta testers that beta testing isn't as fun as it sounds but were getting closer to the final product...i bet we've fixed 500 bugs since beta testing started.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 04:21:44 am by jsondag2 »