Poll

If a new Chrono was made with time theme again, what sort of time periods would you like to see?

Roman/Greek theme
5 (20.8%)
Ice Age theme
2 (8.3%)
Discovery of America theme
3 (12.5%)
Ancient Egypt theme
0 (0%)
Modern Day City theme
4 (16.7%)
Outer Space theme
5 (20.8%)
World War theme
1 (4.2%)
Feudal Japan theme
1 (4.2%)
Atlantis theme(however they'd live w/out oxygen)
3 (12.5%)
Other(please specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: What time period would you like to see?  (Read 2709 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: What time period would you like to see?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 05:52:12 am »
Someone tell me how the Roman/Greek, America, Egypt & Japan themes fit into the Chrono World cause I don't get it. Where would they fit?

There are wide ranges of the timeline that are never explored in the series. Roman/Greek could fit anywhere between 12,000 BC and 600 AD. America could fit anywhere between 1020 AD and the end of time really... and Porre's colonization of El Nido in 920 AD could have some Christopher Columbus vibes too. Japan already makes its way everywhere in more of less subtle ways (Zeal's worship of the Sun Stone sounds like animism; Crono uses katanas and Melchior forges them; Radius is essentially a samurai, etc.), and it's not like Japanese developers care whether Japan fit in their stories or not anyway, they'll still insert it if it they want (Wutai in FFVII and Yamato in Valkyrie Profile stick out like sore thumbs in their worlds). Egypt is more difficult and I can't think of any JRPG that has an Egyptian civilization apart from Valkyrie Profile, but still it could easily fit between 12,000 BC and 1 AD.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:54:21 am by Chrono'99 »

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 12:47:58 pm »
I'm caught between Feudal Japan, outer space, and Ice age.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 05:50:28 pm »
Outer Space and futuristic city ala 1999 A.D.

But NOT like Midgar in FF7. Just something happy, and not gloomy looking. Like Termina of the future.