Poll

If a new Chrono was made with time theme again, what sort of time periods would you like to see?

Roman/Greek theme
5 (20.8%)
Ice Age theme
2 (8.3%)
Discovery of America theme
3 (12.5%)
Ancient Egypt theme
0 (0%)
Modern Day City theme
4 (16.7%)
Outer Space theme
5 (20.8%)
World War theme
1 (4.2%)
Feudal Japan theme
1 (4.2%)
Atlantis theme(however they'd live w/out oxygen)
3 (12.5%)
Other(please specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: What time period would you like to see?  (Read 2702 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
What time period would you like to see?
« on: February 15, 2009, 02:16:55 pm »
So I got to thinking, Chrono Trigger covers the most recognizable time periods in gaming(well, for the time/RPGS anyways)but what if they made another time related Chrono game? What sort of time period would you like to see the most?

For me personally, it'd be the Roman/Greek era. Egpyt and Ice Age come close, but there's something about the towering statues and figures everywhere. Some sort of volcano nearby(Pompeii)would be pretty sweet. The buildings, the people, the war that could wage there between who knows what considering so many mythical creatures come from that age! That'd be magnificent!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: What time period would you like to see?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 02:34:54 pm »
I'd have to go with outer space. It would be really fun to see how magic would stack up against lasers and guns and whatever else they have in the future. Scythe vs. light saber, anyone?

World War and Feudal Japan have been done so often in so many different games, it's hard to find those themes exciting anymore. They would have been cool, but only if Square could twist them around so they didn't feel like every other game out there.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 02:37:06 pm »
Perhaps Crono VS a tank? I dunno, i added the biggest stuff besides what has already been done. Maybe someone can come up with how it could be done more originally...

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 02:39:15 pm »
I voted Atlantis, but then again Zeal could be the Atlantis of the series. It's a lost, highly advanced civilization that only lives on through myth.

Egypt, Japan, or Rome/Greece would be cool, too. They already did Ice Age (sort of) and that's no fun. Space would be cool, but...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 11:57:15 pm »
Ice Age+Atlantis=Zeal

Besides Modern Day, World War & Outer Space, none of them make sense in Chrono World...But since the end of CT I've always thought that space was the way to go...Either Crono & Co. could explore, perhaps even a more Modern Day that turns into Space Exploration...or even just another star system somewhere that has nothing to do with the Chrono World that either has a Lavos to deal with or some other chronological problem would be fine...

So I went with "Outer Space".

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 11:25:11 am »
I picked Roman/Greek theme--I think it's relatively untouched by games like CT, while a couple of the others have been done time and time again.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 11:36:24 am »
Y'know, with the arguments being put up, Outer Space sounds more and more fitting. And now that i think about it Lavos IS an alien, find the source and eliminate it before more show up after getting some sort of sign of future threats of Lavos! But I'm sticking with my vote, Roman/Greek like level I can see fitting into Chrono and it would be done very well, no doubt about it.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 08:23:04 pm »
American colonies for me.  Make it a true global conflict.  I think that would be sweet, but my second place was Ancient Greek or Roman times.  That too, would be pretty damn sweet.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 08:28:29 pm »
Someone tell me how the Roman/Greek, America, Egypt & Japan themes fit into the Chrono World cause I don't get it. Where would they fit?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 08:31:33 pm »
About Ancient Greece, that's the theme I thought 1,000 AD would have when I just knew little about Chrono Trigger. Although, I don't know where that one, or some of the others, would fit.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 12:42:11 am »
It's not in the sense of fitting it's if you'd find it interesting to see Chrono characters in the eras. Lavos was thought of though as a god by a number of the people in Chrono Trigger, so simply, he's recognized as god in any of these time periods. Or better yet, you could switch it up and have him be seen as a demi god, a Hades follower(believes he/she) is using Lavos as a minion of the underworld to cause chaos and allow the ruler of the underworld to rise and conquer. But alas, Lavos simply devours the life of it's "master". That's what i've got for my vote. I have other ideas too.

As for the other time periods, I dunno, just thought I'd put them there to give a few ideas of time periods everyone recognizes.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 12:27:05 am »
I picked the Modern Day City theme. Chrono Trigger did the time-travel bit pretty thoroughly, and for the series to evolve while maintaining the time travel device, one of the most interesting "next steps" would be an up-close look at Chrono's version of the present day. Plus, they've already tempted us with the "day after tomorrow" era of 1999 A.D.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 04:09:03 am »
I had to go with world war, since there would be innumerable ways for the world to get completely FUBAR in that situation.  Pairs well with other themes, too...

Ancient Egypt sounds neat, but I'm having a hard time seeing that story going anywhere. 

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 04:13:25 am »
...But Chrono doesn't take place in our world so some to most of these periods wouldn't really make sense.  Or is it more of a case of something like an equivalent to those in the Chrono universe?

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 06:58:36 pm »
Equivilant to the Chrono universe. Like how although it's not Earth they still have the Middle Ages.