Author Topic: My bug reports + other things (and stuffism)  (Read 13521 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: My bug reports + other things (and stuffism)
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 02:15:16 am »
ohhh, not that I know of but I also never looked.  I'll check it out tomorrow.  BTW: the latest patch fixes your Glenn 605 bug (hopefully).

--JP

Lenophis

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 04:23:54 am »
Note, getting a game over on Dalton Plus throws you back to the Developer's Room.  JP NOTE: The developers room will forward you to the title screen when we release
Wouldn't that count as "continuing after a game over?" :P In all other cases, I was thrown to the title screen, just not for this one.

And now, for a movie I think everybody will enjoy. I call it "Adventures with Dalton." WARNING: Thar be major spoilers in this movie, so do not watch unless you really want to. (This movie needs the patch dated 2009-02-22, posted on February 23 at 1:11:16 am local time, and Zsnes v1.51)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 04:41:10 am »
Ending:

yea it's not a real ending it's suppose to be like when you die during Magus in CT: Orig

Move;

Definitely spoilers :) But that movie made me so happy!  That's like the exact difficulty I was aiming for.   Well atleast for the boss, the regular enemies seemed to be falling at your feet?  How would you say difficulty is so far?

--JP

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 04:46:26 am »
Emerald Dream III (Chrono, Glenn, and Magus) was insane. There were battles where it was almost guaranteed a character would die, but you never knew which one. It was pretty balanced though, because you could take them out just as quickly. Overall, the balance hasn't swayed too far in either direction.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 01:34:02 pm »
Damn! You're almost done.  Any chapters to easy/hard?  between the emeralds and now?   Also just so you know Chrono'99 is working on a new very very very end ending so keep a save game there.  you can watch 90% of the ending but there will be part where you'll be like.....what the hell and that's the part that is being redone.

--JP

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 05:56:21 pm »
Damn! You're almost done.  Any chapters to easy/hard?  between the emeralds and now?
Nah, difficulty has been on par with everything, though Son of Sun proved to be a pain in the ass. I pretty much needed my massive healing team just to survive it (Ayla, Robo, Frog).

I was going to ask at some point if there was any armor I could get that would reduce or absorb fire damage, because it was getting insane at some point. However, I did get past it. :D

I'm mulling over side quests at the moment (see first post), and when I feel ready I'll see if I can get to the final dungeon.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 11:06:30 pm »
The elemental armors from the Crono/Magus/Glenn chapter might include a fire one?.....actually maybe not.  I'd have to check.  The final dungeon is probably going to be ridiculously hard.  I had absolutely no idea what to do with it difficulty wise.  Should you make it for someone who did all the sidequests or someone who is just going through the game you know?  Plus honestly at the time when I started coding it I literally had no idea what level people would be at when they got to that chapter.  By the way what level are you?

So when you do start it if you find the difficulty over the top let me know and I'll try to make a patch for you within 24 hours.

--JP

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 11:19:54 pm »
I forgot how, but I got an armor called "Forcefield" somewhere and I think it cuts Fire damage in half.

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 11:36:44 pm »
The elemental armors from the Crono/Magus/Glenn chapter might include a fire one?.....actually maybe not.
One of the sidequests gave up a fire absorbing armor. I don't know if I'll need it later or not.

The final dungeon is probably going to be ridiculously hard.
:o

By the way what level are you?
Lucca: 49
Robo: 53
Ayla: 52
Magus: 48
Marle: 51
Frog: 49
Chrono: 50

My save file is currently in the Zeal ruins, beating up on Bashers and Lashers. I'll see if I can get the final dungeon started, gauge it, then determine my path from there.

Difficulty regarding the Darkness Beyond Time, so far it's been manageable, if not a little bit insane. I've had some close calls (a previous play gave me a game over, because my other party was stuck with 2 members. Is that intentional?) but I am surviving.

I do have one issue with the 2-party scenario though. Y prompts you to switch parties, but I have Y mapped to be cancel and run. Was this supposed to be dynamic to be with the warp/party button?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:59:24 am by Lenophis »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 02:37:24 am »
I've had some close calls (a previous play gave me a game over, because my other party was stuck with 2 members. Is that intentional?) but I am surviving.

This is a huge deal and not intentional, if you can repro it please give me an SRM file.

That's good news about it not being insane.....i have a ** game and I use while testing  sometimes die, though I am usually playing in fast forward and sometimes get lazy. 

I think the Y button is hardcode...i'm not sure exactly how to change the mapping based off custom animations..i'll look into it.

--JP

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 02:54:36 am »
This is a huge deal and not intentional, if you can repro it please give me an SRM file.
You'll have to backtrack a bit, but here you go.

That's good news about it not being insane.....i have a ** game and I use while testing  sometimes die, though I am usually playing in fast forward and sometimes get lazy.
The difficulty of the dungeon itself seems to be pretty good. However, I was kind of disappointed with how easy the last boss was.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 02:59:10 am »
The final final boss, the final 3 bosses, or  a mixture of them?  Do you think you can give percentages?  They should be doing twice as much damage, have 20% more HP, etc?

Thanks for the SRM i'll look into this.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2009, 03:03:56 am »
Wait....you want me to use the final save point and go back?  The two person party happened during the split party sequence right?  That save is past that part.  If you can tell me the parties you used during the split party sequence maybe I can repro it myself? 

Oh yea....congrats on finishing the game!!  I believe zeality has a questionnaire for you to fill out.

--JP

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2009, 03:13:34 am »
The final final boss, the final 3 bosses, or  a mixture of them?
All of them.

Kasmir (Guardian + Bit) is a bit tricky, because both him and the Rubble-turned-Imp couldn't be hit by anything at first, so I spammed Super Volt over and over to win. He barely does any damage with any attacks.

Both stages of Zeal being duplicates of Zeal in CT made for a rather easy-to-win fight, since I already know what to do. On top of that, the damage done by all attacks was rather pathetic (Hallation was the only real threat). Stealing from the right hand produces garbage, too. I have no idea what I stole.

If you want to make these battle challenging, they could use some AI changes (though Kasmir's were nice, he needs more damage output).

Do you think you can give percentages?  They should be doing twice as much damage, have 20% more HP, etc?
I'll fight him a couple more times, and get back to you.

Wait....you want me to use the final save point and go back?  The two person party happened during the split party sequence right?
On my initial test before you posted this latest patch, yes. This time, I was stuck with a party of one. >_> My first party was Chrono, Robo, and Ayla. My second party was Magus. The other two slots were closed to me.

Oh yea....congrats on finishing the game!!  I believe zeality has a questionnaire for you to fill out.
Now begins the next playthrough. I need to see how things turn out with different choices.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2009, 03:21:28 am »
Final Fights:

Spritewise we hope to get brand new final boss, I'll cook up a new enemy AI this weekend hopefully.    I'm surprised they are underpowered though, I didn't change stats thinking they should be pretty close since the bosses are so late in CT: Original.....?  Kasmir I can see the stats being bad though I'll edit those.

Split Party:

Damn.....I don't htink I changed anything in that location lately.  I'll have to check it out.

--JP

EDIT:  I'm actually going to bed now I'm getting up early to go skiing.  I'll be gone most of the day.  Chrono 99 if you see this can you maybe fix up the split party sequence and post a new patch for the beta testers?