Author Topic: My bug reports + other things (and stuffism)  (Read 13525 times)

Lenophis

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: My bug reports + other things (and stuffism)
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 04:42:07 am »
This riddle has caused me to change my profile here for the first time since I first signed up here. That said, if anything new pops up I'll be sure to point it out.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 04:48:37 am »
Wait.....just to make sure that means you are now past the riddle right? 

If it makes you feel better I guarantee you within a week of release there'll be 20 people posting that they can't get past the riddle... even with the extra hint we discussed above.

--JP

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 05:22:57 am »
Oh, no, I didn't. I decided to start over. Thought I typed that the first time around, oh well. Want to see if any new bugs pop up, and so far I found a couple I didn't notice on my first go-around (see first post).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 05:28:17 am »
oh ok.  Well...when you get to the riddle again just check for the PM i sent with the answer if you can't get it.
--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 12:14:25 am »
Lenophis,

What is your party in the second show stopper? 

--JP

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 12:35:20 am »
Magus, Frog, and Crono, in that order.

Now that I am trading, I seem to have an endless supply of Wooden Spoons.  JP NOTE: Sorry not sure what the bug is, is the person not taking the wooden spoon when they should be or are you worried people will go through the trading quest and sell the spoons for infinite supply or money?
I'm not sure who is supposed to take the Wooden Spoon, but Johnny won't stop giving me Moldy Bread.

The Diablos also are a mystery. Robo's Laser Spin does say it's doing damage, but after doing about 8 spins, they never die. They only die after I hit them a couple more times physically. Do they really have 1200 HP each (that's about how much I did to each one if you count Laser Spin).  JP NOTE:  I remember them being very difficult,   JP NOTE: they have 550 HP, i killed them with only laser spins.....can you repro?
No, not anymore. They are gone.

Also, s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-show stopper! Instead of running up and to the left like last time, it now puts your party together, and you cannot ever move after the battle there. You can control the camera, and move it around about 3-10 pixels in any direction.  JP NOTE: Sheesh you and that fight!! Can you repro this regularly?  It looks like robo, crono, marle in that order?  Did you trigger from the top or something?  I tried several times and couldn't make it freeze
I believe my party the first two times were Marle, Crono, and Robo. Not sure on order. To try and reproduce it this time, I went to 605, and Frog wants me to kick some Mystic ass, but won't let me add a 3rd character. Fighting that battle with just Magus and Frog, it did not freeze.

OmniShield was broken originally? I see it has changed now.  JP NOTE: nah it wasn't broken, the animations are updated thanks to FW.  You like it?
I do.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 12:38:58 am »
Magus/Frog/Crono he should say "wait you want to have a lightning user in each party.  This is because you are going into a split party sequence and you're going to want a magic user in both sides (cause dinosaurs are basically impossible w/o lightning).  So you can't have magus and crono. 

--JP

EDIT: To fix switch magus or crono with marle/lucca or robo

EDIT: In response to the other stuff:  The infinite moldy bread was to make the trading sequence less linear, you can go down the wrong path and get stuck w/o johnny replacing it....however you did remind me to check the sell value or even make the trading items "unsellable".    The Frog forcing himself in your party is a save game from chapter 4 right...i'm worried cause you're definitely pass chapter 4 so you shouldn't be seeing that unless you're loading an old game?  We can't let the player not have frog in the party in the chapter for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:47:04 am by jsondag2 »

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 12:47:27 am »
Magus/Frog/Crono he should say "wait you want to have a lightning user in each party.  This is because you are going into a split party sequence and you're going to want a magic user in both sides (cause dinosaurs are basically impossible w/o lightning).  So you can't have magus and crono. 

--JP

EDIT: To fix switch magus or crono with marle/lucca or robo

I should've paid more attention to that line. Whoopsie.

EDIT: In response to the other stuff:  The infinite moldy bread was to make the trading sequence less linear, you can go down the wrong path and get stuck w/o johnny replacing it....
Ahhh, I did not expect this. Thanks for the clarification.

The Frog forcing himself in your party is a save game from chapter 4 right...i'm worried cause you're definitely pass chapter 4 so you shouldn't be seeing that unless you're loading an old game?  We can't let the player not have frog in the party in the chapter for obvious reasons.
My save file says "The Breaking Point," (I decided to branch at the choice in the Mystic Den), so if this is chapter 4 then yeah. I don't think it is though, since I went back earlier in the game (I had just gotten the Wooden Spoon, wanted to see what else Johnny had) and Frog stayed behind. When I returned, he wanted to kick some Mystic ass again (had all 3 slots available to me then).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 01:05:12 am by Lenophis »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 12:50:48 am »
hhaha I'm just glad there's not another show stopper :)

For the record I do hate forcing people to not use their favorite party but during earlier pre beta stages we ran into issues where people got stuck in the split party part cause they didn't have a lightning user.

--JP

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009, 03:57:39 am »
In short, the Fay Arrow is the hero of this chapter.
This thing is a lifesaver. :D I have a feeling I'll be spending some time here, so it's a good thing this is around to keep me alive.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 12:00:20 am »
Wow!  You got far fast.  I'll get to these after I finish this movie but can you send me an SRM file with the frog wanting to kick some mystic ass?  (That's a show stopper)

--JP

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 12:04:04 am »
Here you go. If you're wondering about controls, B is accept, A is menu, Y is cancel, X is warp.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 12:27:26 am by Lenophis »

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 02:03:45 am »
Chapter text isn't centered. JP NOTE:  If i add even one space to the beginning it leaks into the next chapter
Can DTE be used there?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 02:07:08 am »
Not sure what that means?

--JP

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 02:12:10 am »
Dual tile encoding. Getting 2 letters out of one. Better methods are MTE, but I don't think MTE had been around back in '95. DTE is generally only available for dialogue, though since the chapters are using VWF, it's possible DTE is available.

Example:

Code: [Select]
99=ve
9A=ng
9B=ha
9C= m
9D=Th
9E=st
9F=on
A0=yo
A1= b
A2=me