Author Topic: My bug reports + other things (and stuffism)  (Read 13520 times)

Lenophis

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
My bug reports + other things (and stuffism)
« on: February 14, 2009, 08:19:50 pm »
Deleting majority of post because I suspect I'm hitting the 65,535 character post limit. I will delete fixed issues (those struck out).

Using the initial patch Zeality posted on 2-14-09, at 7:21:03 am local time (or if not local time, board time). (All of these issues exist with Chrono'99's patch update at 4:43:11 pm local time)

Palette issues 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Using jsondag2's patch posted on 2-16-09 at 4:12:52 am local time.

Dalton's Lab tile priority issue. It's hard to see, because I waited too long to hit the screenshot button. That upper Lasher's head is cut off on the left side.

All of Dalton's Lab has scrolling issues. You can see other rooms if you get close enough to the walls. I do not know if this is intended or not.  JP NOTE: this is intented.....took me a month to tell you that :)

The tech the mage used says it inflicts Chaos, but this is not Chaos. Intentional?    JP NOTE: Fix'd sorry for tkaing so long

Continuing using the same patch by jsondag2's patch posted on 2-16-09 at 4:12:52 am local time:

Double space issue with certainty. This one, however, I'm not so sure on. Confirm?

Tile mismatch issues 1, 2, 3 (plus a bonus line break), and 4. JP NOTE: This place in general has been totally redone so I'm scratching this you can make new ones if you want

A possible grammatical error, though I never was an English major. The "The Earthbound think this energy is one Lavos" is what I'm looking at.

My eyes hurt now.

All four dreamers in Zeal need dialogue, as well. I forgot to mention this initially.

Using jsondag2's patch posted on February 21 at 3:10:51 am local time.

I'm not sure if this is a product of the original game or this hack. (Look at the corner tiles on the shoreline).  JP NOTE: I don't think we touched this OW on that continent  but yet i see what you're talking about

Also, s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-show stopper! Instead of running up and to the left like last time, it now puts your party together, and you cannot ever move after the battle there. You can control the camera, and move it around about 3-10 pixels in any direction.  JP NOTE: Sheesh you and that fight!! Can you repro this regularly?  It looks like robo, crono, marle in that order?  Did you trigger from the top or something?  I tried several times and couldn't make it freeze
It is now fixed. :D

The Diablos also are a mystery. Robo's Laser Spin does say it's doing damage, but after doing about 8 spins, they never die. They only die after I hit them a couple more times physically. Do they really have 1200 HP each (that's about how much I did to each one if you count Laser Spin).  JP NOTE:  I remember them being very difficult,   JP NOTE: they have 550 HP, i killed them with only laser spins.....can you repro?
It turns out I was probably just not doing enough damage to them, because I can kill them with it.

I'm now convinced there's something wrong with naming Robo. This time, I made sure that I didn't screw up his name, and the game put a space after it anyway (either that or every piece of dialogue involving him is screwed up).
Strike that, there's a problem with naming anybody. I just tried naming Frog "Frog" and the same error is now appearing with him. In fact, this problem will appear with anybody not having a 5-letter name.  JP NOTE:  You have to end on the last section (I confirmed this happens in CT original too....it's kind of dumb i never renamed my characters so i never noticed before)

And, is this the song you really should be hearing in the Ocean Palace?  

Now that I am trading, I seem to have an endless supply of Wooden Spoons.  JP NOTE: Sorry not sure what the bug is, is the person not taking the wooden spoon when they should be or are you worried people will go through the trading quest and sell the spoons for infinite supply or money?

It can't counterattack, but I do not know why it's trying when I never hit it to begin with.

ME GOOD TESTER. OH OK. Wondering if an address and a bit should be shown there.  JP NOTE: That's mostly for me debugging I'm not sure how that bit is set...if you can find a time when it's not set, do one action and see that it is set that'd help out (no big deal though)

There is nobody on my team named Magus. They are, apparently, excellent kidnappers.  JP NOTE: were getting mixed feedback on this....

The save point is either being presumptuous or is a fortune teller. Well, I guess if you look at it from a "we came from there" perspective, yeah, it would be the future. :P That save point is in Dinopolis, in 1 AD.  JP NOTE: yea i just realize this and will probably fix them all in one batch in the future.

The battle with the Vision Serpent started, part of it died immediately

This dialogue retriggered itself after the gauntlet of battles, but the battles themselves did not repeat.  JP NOTE: I tried to repro this several times and couldn't

Again, I do not have anybody on my team named Magus.  JP NOTE: were discussing this, some people like it (cause in CT Orig everyone referred to him as magus)

Ayla plays for the Kansas City Chiefs? I don't think Chief should be plural there.  JP NOTE: I think she's saying both Frog and lucca would make good chiefs? I'm not sure if it should be capitalized?

"If indeed shows up" is not correct. At least, I don't think it is.  JP NOTE: Bug'd for zeality

Another placeholder. JP NOTE: Bug'd for zeality

Capitalization and punctuation errors 1 and 2. JP NOTE: Bug'd for zeality

All dialogue that involves pressing buttons is wrong if you change them around. Perhaps if you call them (Confirm), (Cancel), etc?  JP NOTE: good point

An issue present in the original game. Status ailments aren't carried out of battle, making the Power Meal useless. As far as I can tell, no enemies can cause this ailment.  JP NOTE:  haha yea i agree

Goodie, another bit was set.

Is this the correct spelling of fancy?  JP NOTE: no idea...

Note, getting a game over on Dalton Plus throws you back to the Developer's Room.  JP NOTE: The developers room will forward you to the title screen when we release

Learning the double tech "Ice Sword 2" shows up as "Learned Ice Sword."

Using jsondag2's patch posted on February 23 at 1:11:16 am local time.

The Epoch 2 should not be at Chronopolis when I left it in 605 AD. This can actually happen in a few other places. Perhaps prevent access to the room when it's not there?

Corrupted battle background (happens during spell casts).

Note, I ran from just about everything in the solo sections during the post-Mammon Machine, and was able to run from this battle. Well, I didn't actually fully try, but I never got a "Can't run away!" message from this or any other fights during the section.  JP NOTE: Hm..so atropos is obviously a bug, could you run away from crono or marls boss....would you consider it a bug to be able to run away from others?

Punctuation issue, and just a minor one at that.  JP NOTE: Bug'd for zeality

OmniShield's animation broke for this fight.  JP NOTE: *sigh*

Don't know if this is an issue or not.  JP NOTE: Zeality?

"and Other..." Not sure what is correct here.  JP NOTE:  Bug'd for zeality

This is not an issue at all, but I love this line.

Continuing to use jsondag2's patch posted on February 23 at 1:11:16 am local time.

"Me wants to speak."JP NOTE: Z has this on his plate

"I have no name. I'm sad now."  JP NOTE: Z has this on his plate

"Now me wants to speak." JP NOTE: Z has this on his plate

Using jsondag2's patch posted on February 26, 4:20:09 am local time.

Almost all enemies in Darkness Beyond Time become discombobulated if you talk to them to fight them.

Discombobulation issue in Dreamtime. Both enemies experience it. Simply talk to them.

Decapitation issues a plenty! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.

Is this the correct name of the double tech?  JP NOTE:...whoa...i don't think so?

"I wasn't put on trial, my friend was." Also, going up here plays Guardia Castle's normal music.

Donald Trump must not like Zenan Bridge.

Palette issue with the table at the fairground.  JP NOTE: haha......damn that was my attempt to make a "burnt table"....i guess it does look kind of buggy

Double space issues with the shooting gallery.

Palette issue with Chrono's sword during the ending.  JP NOTE: ..... yea...there's quite a few of these i have no idea how to fix them

Along with that, just about every piece of dialogue during the ending (the Lucca+Marle+Chrono part) all have double space, punctuation, and/or grammar issues. I'd post screenshots of that, but that's about another 25 screenshots or so.  JP NOTE: the CML part is the part that is going to change.  originally we didn't have the F.o.G during the game

You may also wish to disable all forms of saving during the ending.   JP NOTE: Sadly we can't that i know of

Given that I've now completed the game, I must say that you guys did an excellent job with the plot.  JP NOTE: Thanks :) The ending is still going to change though

Using Chrono'99's patch posted on February 28, at 9:29:11 am local time.

The save/load screen has an issue. The SRAM is intact, it's just not reading correctly here. I believe this is caused by the new patch.  JP NOTE: it's the chapter names, the final savestates data is leaking into the first and overwriting the level.  When you load everything is still fine.  We will fix it before release.

Using jsondag2's patch posted on March 4th (patch is dated March 3) at 1:16:02 am local time.

Dalton's Lab is now broken. Every room in the lab now has some minor corruption issues. Nothing to prevent you from completing it though.  JP NOTE: I gave this a half strike through.  This is a side effect of Chrono99's AWESOME new mashup of time during the final dungeon.  Unfortunately it involved using what was previously "blank" tiles.  However it looks like in dalton's dungeon we used these blank tiles (we obviously didn't know cause they were blank at the time).  Unfortunately this will probably crop up some more later in the game.  And playing through I caught a couple i missed.  I was expecting some stragglers cause of this....daltons dungeon got hit hard though.  The good news is we got better at using the designated "blank" tile on maps later in the game so it shouldn't happen that bad anymore.....hopefully.

I've hit a show stopper. I do not know if this is a product of the new patch or if this was left over from the old ones. I've had a 100% success rate of reproducing it though. Completing Marle's scenario is the trigger. To reproduce it, simply finish her scenario, opt to change equipment, and try and change Ayla's equipment. You must actually try to equip a helmet or armor on her (don't have to do it, but the equipment list for either or both slots must come up). After that, exit, and attempt to continue on to Emerald Dream II (Lucca + Robo). When it fades out, it will hang, though you'll still have menu access (Marle and Ayla will be the only remaining party members). In case you need a save file, I've provided one. I don't know if it matters, but I did make the choice to try and fight Zeal in Pre-history. Note, if you don't try and change her equipment, it will not hang.  JP NOTE: Bad go to statement was taking you to the beginning of "marles" emeral dream.  which uses a special "fade in" effect that isn't used by others...causing the screen to never fade in.

Aside from that, there's also a double space in Singing Mountain.

Using jsondag2's patch (2nd attempt) posted on March 5 at 2:51:12 am local time.

I don't remember if this existed in previous patches, but if it did then I'm a moron for not catching it sooner. Also regarding the Vision Serpent, I think I regret bringing up that massive experience grab back in the Haucan Factory. I can't kill it now.
* Lenophis attempts to get a new strategy going for this fight

Many more decapitations! 1, 2 (plus punctuation), 3, 4, 5, and 6.  JP NOTE: didn't really see a punctuation issue with 2, did you want a comma? Central regime covering head is by design

Methinks the battle is taking place nowhere near close. I approached this battle from the north, and it only happened once.

Text disappears on the save screen on saving. 1 and 2.  JP NOTE: we have a thread tracking these in the other forum we'll get new names soon (it's like that cause the names don't compress to be short enough)

Your standard show stopper. Jumping down here gets me stuck.

These two tiles disappeared after the Flea minigame. JP NOTE: I didn't ge tthe black squared but the solidity was off for those two tiles....i think fixing the solidity fix'd whatever happened in that pic

Double space issue with Belthasar.

And people up and disappearing if you talk to them while the box is up.

I was also able to run from Coyopa, in fact, I kinda had to just to survive.  JP NOTE: Replied

Some bad tiles. 1 and 2.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 03:40:58 am by jsondag2 »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: My bug reports + other things (and stuffism)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:30:42 pm »
The monsters are WAYYYYY too strong.  You can't even power level without dieing practically in every fight.  The monsters are over the top.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 05:13:49 am »
Yeah, I think we definitely need to lower the difficulty. It's a Chrono game... Better have it a bit too easy than too hard.

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 06:14:32 am »
Doesn't need to be too easy, just need to tone it down a bit.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 11:03:00 pm »
Lenophis,

Thanks for the detailed bug report pictures speak a 1000 words!  Feels like you've done this before? 

I've entered a bug for the line break issue, this was almost certainly a mistake by me when doing one of zeality's many many bugs reported about line break issues :-/  I'll fix this ASAP. 

I've also entered a bug for the window color, though I can't promise you much.  It's probably a side effect of us making the windows red for CE.  I never visited that options window throughout beta testing.  I personally love the red windows so never found a reason to visit that in the settings page :).  Maybe a resident hacker can just disable this totally there's been alot of research in the menu.  Did you not like the red CE windows, maybe if enough people don't like them we can revert it back to what it was.  If you had the choice would you rather have defaults without the CE color scheme or CE color scheme but you can't change it in the options?

Gato's Room is basically my little test bed for new enemy AI, I have a bug entered to remove that before final release.  It'll probably stick around throughout the beta testing stage sorry for not giving you a heads up.   I probably should have had it say "This won't be here later I promise" instead of deactivated haha.

Dev room will be no more in the release....the scrolling is me being lazy and never settingthe scroll locks (though every time i load that room i say to myself, JP go fix that damn scrolling bug).

Can you tell me more about the first pallette issue?

I'll look into the priorty issue.

If you don't mind can i strike through bugs that are no longer relevant? I'm just going to do it...sorry i want to check them while they are in my head

Thanks!

--JP

EDIT:  Confirmed golem boss priorty issue and added a bug for it nice catch you can seriously blink and miss it haha.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:36:41 am by jsondag2 »

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 06:24:24 pm »
Lenophis,

Thanks for the detailed bug report pictures speak a 1000 words!  Feels like you've done this before?
Not really, but I like to be thorough. Usually I take the approach of assuming nothing and pointing out everything.

I've also entered a bug for the window color, though I can't promise you much.  It's probably a side effect of us making the windows red for CE.  I never visited that options window throughout beta testing.  I personally love the red windows so never found a reason to visit that in the settings page :).  Maybe a resident hacker can just disable this totally there's been alot of research in the menu.  Did you not like the red CE windows, maybe if enough people don't like them we can revert it back to what it was.  If you had the choice would you rather have defaults without the CE color scheme or CE color scheme but you can't change it in the options?
It's not that I didn't like them, I was just checking to make sure nothing was broken.

Gato's Room is basically my little test bed for new enemy AI, I have a bug entered to remove that before final release.  It'll probably stick around throughout the beta testing stage sorry for not giving you a heads up.   I probably should have had it say "This won't be here later I promise" instead of deactivated haha.
Ok.

Can you tell me more about the first pallette issue?
Well, it looks odd. That sparkle was originally all blue (in the original game), but since it is consistently the same every time I've seen it I've grown to think it's intentional.

If you don't mind can i strike through bugs that are no longer relevant? I'm just going to do it...sorry i want to check them while they are in my head
Nah, that'll be fine. I'll know what to look for in future fixes.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 07:36:09 pm by Lenophis »

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 04:48:21 am »
Fiona's Forest, ummm, something. This happened after the battle caused by issue 2, similar to Marle running off in her own direction. I'm not sure if this is new or not, because I could not survive solo with the old patches.
Pretty sure this is related to above correct
Yes, it is.

After the battle placed here, Chrono ran north and west, where the game froze.  JP NOTE:  Hmm, I think I fixed it...if it's the same problem you were having in Fionas forest
No, not the same issue. Chrono ran off by himself, as if an event triggered that wasn't supposed to. He ran off the screen, where I think he kept going, and the game got stuck.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 02:01:17 am »
No, not the same issue. Chrono ran off by himself, as if an event triggered that wasn't supposed to. He ran off the screen, where I think he kept going, and the game got stuck.

are you able to repro this regularly?

Also what is double space issue...i'm assuming two spaces between a word or after puncutation?

--JP
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:15:55 am by jsondag2 »

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 02:50:38 am »
are you able to repro this regularly?
Nah, only tried it once. Was too fearful of doing it again. I'd go back and check, but an evil Nu has me stuck in Zeal with a stupid riddle. (So far I've tried Zeal, Stone, Dirt, Earth, Wrong, Nu, and Floor)

Also what is double space issue...i'm assuming two spaces between a word or after puncutation?
Yes.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 03:13:36 am »
Nah, only tried it once. Was too fearful of doing it again. I'd go back and check, but an evil Nu has me stuck in Zeal with a stupid riddle. (So far I've tried Zeal, Stone, Dirt, Earth, Wrong, Nu, and Floor)

:)  If you get to the point where you're going to break your laptop PM me.

--JP

EDIT: Oh yea there was other stuff:  I can't repro that bug though it is definitely worrisome....i'm wondering if you somehow triggered the frog scene then hurried up and triggered that battle...?  Hm...maybe i caught the double spacing in another persons bug (i'm not seeing any)

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 12:38:13 am »
:)  If you get to the point where you're going to break your laptop PM me.
I have no laptop, but as it is, I cannot continue until I solve this riddle. I can't find anything else in Kajar, Enhasa, or the palace.

Using a process of elimination, I've concluded the following:

It cannot be anything that isn't ground, which rules out Lavos, lava, magma, snow, ice, frost, etc, etc, etc.

It's not a man-made structure, so that rules out floor, stone, tiles, etc.

The only logical choices left are dirt, earth, (the kingdom of) Zeal, sand, and none of those work.

I don't like this riddle.

EDIT: Oh yea there was other stuff:  I can't repro that bug though it is definitely worrisome....i'm wondering if you somehow triggered the frog scene then hurried up and triggered that battle...?
It's possible, but I'll be doing a couple more runs over the next week so I'll get back to you if this I experience it again.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 12:59:58 am »
I sent you a PM don't read it unless you give up.....Depending on how the beta testers do we'll have to add hints.. Lord J has gotten it.....not sure if Justin got it?  I guess he did.

--JP

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 04:23:29 am »
Do you have a rough estimate of how many answers you tried? Perhaps we could have the Nu give you an additional hint once you've inputted a certain number of wrong answers.

Lenophis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 04:48:50 am »
Well, I've turned the game off 3 times now because of this. If memory serves, I think I did 6 or 7 wrong answers (full mockery and all) before I gave up each time I turned it off.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 05:05:41 am »
OK, yea that's a bug if it takes you that many times.  99's suggestion is valid and we should supply more hints.  Though personally i feel like it's actually a pretty good riddle ( the answer isn't totally out there or anything) we definitely don't want people to have to guess 21 + times......

--JP