Author Topic: (Warning lots of screenshots) Updated 3/3!  (Read 6164 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
(Warning lots of screenshots) Updated 3/3!
« on: February 14, 2009, 01:41:54 pm »
Will update as I progress.

Events and such
*I noticed during some rest scenes (the mandatory one in the cathedral in particular), the screen fades to black, then the cathedral flashes back for a split second before moving on to the tank scene in Porre, which also does the flash thing while fading. Incidentally, I feel the 'sleep' theme that plays here is so unfitting (especially because your party already did just rest), it'd feel a little more ominous if left silent while the screen fades to black.
JP NOTE: Fixed the two you mentioned and the one at the beginning of the game, let me know if there are more.
*Kinda silly how the Porre soldiers still have their armour after it being stolen by Crono and Lucca... But I assume it's a pain in the ass to make new sprites for them.
*It took the group about 6 seconds to recall where the Masamune played an important role?
JP NOTE: Halved the time, if you think it's sitll too long let me know.
*I liked the little Viper clan shout out ("Pfft, what creampuffs!")
*Frog's Theme plays just before and while naming him, but it cuts off abruptly and switches back to the dungeon theme after doing so. It should probably play a bit longer for a better effect.

*When you enter the Mystic Den forest (the one where the three factions are fighting), the dungeon theme begins and quickly cuts to the battle theme.
JP NOTE: Nice catch, fixed it
*If you enter Kasmir's Lair early and fight the unending illusionary copies, maybe you should have a "Glenn: This is getting us nowhere" message or something displayed after a battle or two. I didn't realise I was supposed to go to the Mystic Den forest first and ended up going here.
16/2
*The Vanguard soldier who says "Ugh...too strong..." and dies/turns into a skeleton respawns every time you re-enter the map.
*Switching party members on the lower floor in Chronopolis makes things a bit weird.
Example shots:

Difficulty
*I found the enemies are too strong early on, I couldn't make it through Fiona's Forest to deliver the Postcard. Also I had to spam magic with Magus to defeat Beasts, while having to go back and heal at Sargon's hut after each battle (although admittedly I didn't realise OmniWall was so good). Nothing a little grinding can't solve, but it'd be hard to casually speed through. I could be just playing badly, I don't recall having too much trouble in the demo. JP NOTE: Let me know if it's better know
*Lashers in Dalton's Dungeon are pretty annoying because they can counter with a powerful dual attack, while being able to attack right after that. Maybe they should be toned down a bit? Same as above,  if it's really bad still I can remove the double tech

Maps

1999AD has a few messy tiles.

Slightly messy tile where Lucca is standing.

Tiles look iffy in the upper-right.

Minor, but the barrel is on top of the upper left of the bed.

The little left line of water can be walked on.

Fallen bridge pieces or bug?

The upper right looks like a big ugly square.

Battles
*I was defeated by the Dalton-Gato-placeholder thing and Crono ended up a controllable floating corpse (he remained on 1HP, still). I exited the screen and he was back to normal.

My two following party members (Crono and Marle, Lucca leading) ran off the screen after I won a battle and ran north a little. They reappeared, followed behind again, but wouldn't catch up properly until leaving the area.

Something really weird happened here. During this fight the sound effects got distorted and some of them changed entirely. Amusingly enough, the sword slash sound was replaced with a meow, and the 'death' sound an enemy makes sounded much lower. After the battle everything returned to normal.  JP NOTE:  Let me know if this repros

Graphical nitpicking:

Justin mentioned the placeholder text thing. Crono's obscured and the text box doesn't automatically move here.

And here.

Does this for the "Nah" too.

Sudden line skip in the middle of her sentence with plenty of space to spare.

I didn't capture it in time, but as the Lion Tank is approaching, Crono and Marle are looking up (facing away from the screen).

Weird line breaks.

The captain here seems to have a random glow that disappears sometimes when you move away from him. Also, if you defeat the enemy he's fighting he continues to battle, moving back and forth making clashing noises (and retains his "Leave this one to me" line). Annnd when you trigger a battle with him still on screen, his sprite will very briefly change to the "Miss" message before disappearing. JP NOTE: Tricky one!

16/2

After this line there's a blank textbox.

Random huge space.

Dialogue/Grammatical nitpicking:

I wasn't sure about this. Is it 'the tower' or does that work anyway?

Capital c in 'cook'.

choras

"proceeds,before"

"mayors" -> "mayor's"

I'm nitpicking over lack of a full stop, yes. :?

Sorry!

'weapon' should be 'weapons'.

'No' is spaced out a little.

'dont' -> 'don't'

It should probably be "she--" or "she..."

Denadoro is mispelt and there's no full stop.

Should he say "Crono" twice?

"By now,  A few days ago"

16/2

"museum"

Are you... gonna keep this in? xD I'm not complaining, actually.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 04:57:38 pm by Pyt Fumv »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: (Warning lots of screenshots) Updated 15/2
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 02:48:52 pm »
Sorry about my thread being pretty messy and hard to navigate after I update it.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 04:01:15 pm »
Don't worry at all! The more bugs you catch the better the final product will be :)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 04:45:48 pm »
Oh yea totally. Zeality literally submitted over 1000 bugs to me during his playthrough.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 05:45:24 pm »
How did he even get a full play through? 

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 05:47:25 pm »
There were only 3 showstoppers. The bugs were 90% dialogue / sound effects.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 11:55:55 pm »
PHEW another AWESOME bug report you guys are going above and beyond....

EVENTS AND SUCH
*  Screen Transitions:   a couple of these have been mentioned, but it'd help me alot more if you list every occurrence (hopefully it's not too much).  Um....yea the sleep theme does kind of kill it doesn't it.  I'll vote this as a bug if Zealty or 99 back me up i'll add it to the database. i watched the scene this is definitely buggy, BUG'd
* Yea, that's a lack of sprites issue....hrm...maybe they can pull the sprites off the screen with them?  I'm going to enter this as a bug.  Can't promise too much though cause i've never tried taking a sprite off screen...should be doable though..i think
* haha it's been 5 years? ....i'll lower it to 3 seconds, mainly cause i think it's funny to see the  party, belth and melch in their little thinking sprites.  BUG'd
* Frog's theme:  Hm...i'm 90% sure that Zeality asked me to play it this way when he gave me his bug report.  I'll let Zeality comment
* Mystic Forest Battle theme:  BUG'd, but can you clarify what screen (you can just say what number screen it was...i'm guessing 3?)
* Kasmir Illusion. ..haha good point BUG'd

Difficulty
* Made a thread. 

Pictures:

Pretty much all of these are bugs, except the truce canyon bridge (yes, the bridge broke, that was Chrono'99's genious mapping ability)

--JP
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:39:22 am by jsondag2 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 11:30:59 am »
JP, some of those look just like missed line insertions, so those should all be ready to go in the old spreadsheet.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: (Warning lots of screenshots) Updated 16/2!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 02:51:57 am »
*The Vanguard soldier who says "Ugh...too strong..." and dies/turns into a skeleton respawns every time you re-enter the map.

Sorry where is this at?   In general try to always put chapters with bugs.

--JP

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 08:51:47 am »

Sorry where is this at?   In general try to always put chapters with bugs.

--JP

Ah, sorry, right before you meet Frog the first time on Denadoro Mountains. I forget the chapter...

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 06:12:34 pm »
19/2 update:

*I'm assuming the sleeping people in the Dreamer's Wing in Enhasa are supposed to say "One Dreamer", "Second Dreamer", etc? Just saying in case it's something overlooked.  JP NOTES: coming in future

*When I walked into this room, I had Magus, Crono and Robo in my party in that order. The first two ran in from the left, but Robo ran in from the right and stopped on top of Magus.  JP NOTE: So glad beta testers are trying different parties

*...This has no doubt been brought up already, but what's with the controls when you're in the Hunting Range?  JP NOTE:  Did you talk to the NPCs?

*I used the save point in the base of Singing Mountain and it says "Dark Ages" instead of "Prehistoric Ages".  JP NOTES: Hm....that's a good point it's cause singing mountain replaces an old location that as in dark ages...i have no idea how to fix this

:lee: :lee: :lee: :lee: :lee:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 02:10:36 am by jsondag2 »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: (Warning lots of screenshots) Updated 19/2!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 10:37:46 am »
Regarding the Singing Mountain save point problem, I say you should just remove the save point. Players can save on the world map (which is only a few seconds away from the entrance) anyway.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 01:57:36 pm »
Its a tricky situation. The save point is more of a like warning to the player like hey idiot now would be a good time to save something big is coming not a you've been in a dungeon for awhile and need a break from the game. Also I'm guessing were going to see this problem a lot so I would rather solve the root.

Jp

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 04:00:59 am »
Nice!! time to count every save point in the game.....haha

--JP