Author Topic: Re: Another Topic To Find The Rom  (Read 1712 times)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Another Topic To Find The Rom
« on: February 14, 2009, 10:36:32 am »
Here's a list of things I have noted so far.

Text bug in the Mayor's Manor.  The young female at the top of the stairs (Place Holder young female Prologue)
Text bug in the Mayor's Manor.  The Soldier up at top (Place Holder soldier Prologue)

Text bug in Millenial Fair entrance.  Talk to the little girl that sells lemonade and the hand covers up the Yes or No options.  Just bump it over 1 more space.

Graphical bugs in Leene Square.  Near the bench by Gato's Exhibit, there's a bunch of odd tiles randomly placed on the trees

I think it'd be best to remove the line for Glenn when he says "Don't you remember?  I hate that formal crap!"  It's not needed anymore since CT:DS got rid of that.  It'd make a little more sense, but that's entirely up to you guys.

Edit: Strange, after I was told to head back to King Guardia to report what happened at Zenan bridge, it just won't let me talk to him.  Everyone else works but the king just sits there like a doll.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 11:18:22 am by justin3009 »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Another Topic To Find The Rom
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 12:53:41 pm »
I can't progress any further when Zeal comes up from the Lavos Crater area.  Ayla attacks him, gets stuck on his head and that's it.  Everything just freezes pretty much.

Edit: Also, the monsters like the Avion Rex and Megasaur are horribly tough.  Lightning at max on Avion Rex does 60 damage and physical can get to 100 when critical hit, and that's with my team around level 12-15.  You'll either have to use A LOT of tonics or just run away from almost every battle with 2 or more of those things mixed with something else.

Edit 2: The 2305 AD or what one Chronopolis is when you go down to the land is really screwy when you do the select map.  Same thing when you're Marle alone on the place with Cedric.  It says 1999 AD on the little corner icon when you're idle, but says 1 AD on select map.

Edit 3: The monsters in 2301 AD I think it is, (I'm getting lost with all these years X_X) are horrendously overpowered.  Lucca's level 16 and Robo's 17 and they can't even break 90 damage on any of the monsters.  1 hit takes about 100-200 life off me every time when my defenses are around 80-110

Edit 4: The boss battle with the reptites that talk about the Maverick Virus, you can run away from it.

Edit 5: The Vision Serpent attacks once with the laser, then it randomly loses it's bottom half.  It's palette also doens't flow like the Mother Brain's did.

Edit 6: That was interesting seeing Crono freak out.  IN any case, you can run away from the battle with all the reptties at the top of Dinopolis

Edut 7: There's a random Krawlie stuck in a wall

Edit 8: the spacing on the chapter "The Gray Forgotten" is really strange.  It's pushed too far over to the right.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 02:39:19 pm by justin3009 »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 03:18:24 pm »
I can't progress any further when Zeal comes up from the Lavos Crater area.  Ayla attacks him, gets stuck on his head and that's it.  Everything just freezes pretty much.

Could you post your SRM file and/or a save state? I'm not sure what's wrong; the scene works fine on my file.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 03:45:56 pm »
I removed the parts that were bugging out and went on with the scene, then re-added them back in.  I'm way past that now.  The latest event bug right now is after King Guardia is killed.  Crono mentions them going home to rest, plays the music fades to black, and then the game freezes.

Edit: Here's the SRM and Savestate.  I really can't progress any further.  there's something effed up with the next map for me.
(Chrono'99: fixed)

http://www.savefile.com/files/2003072
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 11:54:30 am by Chrono'99 »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 04:22:12 pm »
There's a huge bug.  I have Frog Robo Magus in my 1st party to kill Nizbel.  Then when it switches over to the other scene, Marle is completely absent from the scene and Magus's lines are being used still.

Edit: I honestly can't progress any further into the game now.  I'm stuck in the castle right now during the raid.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:23:44 pm by justin3009 »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 05:44:45 pm »
I removed the parts that were bugging out and went on with the scene, then re-added them back in.  I'm way past that now.  The latest event bug right now is after King Guardia is killed.  Crono mentions them going home to rest, plays the music fades to black, and then the game freezes.

Edit: Here's the SRM and Savestate.  I really can't progress any further.  there's something effed up with the next map for me.

http://www.savefile.com/files/2003072

Fixed this (see patch in the other thread).

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 07:17:08 pm »
After getting Toma to go to Chronopolis, the game is stuck again.  He's there in Chronopolis but you can't continue any further.  Plus if you take the Dispatch back to 605 AD, it shows Toma down there again but there's no soldier and he just stands there saying "Man you guys have some strange clothes".

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 07:19:42 pm »
Did you talk to Toma in the reactor room before taking the TDC to 1005 A.D.? This part of the game might be a little confusing in that regard, but talking to all the NPCs in the reactor (Toma shows up if you're in there for a few seconds) and then taking the TDC to 1005 A.D. should do it.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 07:26:11 pm »
Lol, well another bug.  Toma opens up the area in Forest Ruins and taking it will freeze the game again.

Edit: Also another major bug is with Zeal.  Sometimes for no apparent reason, the Skyway that leads you back to Enhasa mysteriously vanishes off the overworld.  I have no idea what causes this, it just seems to happen randomly periodically.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 07:41:17 pm by justin3009 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 07:33:21 pm »
Ugh, I have to go...

Chrono'99 or JP, whomever gets this if I don't get to it later, is this random corruption or what? I didn't encounter this bug in my playthrough, but the ROM has gone through a lot of edits since then.

A location did randomly corrupt while JP was fixing bugs in my playthrough, so it's possible. Our worst enemy...

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 08:35:28 pm »
Here's a savestate and SRAM of where I'm at.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 10:36:21 pm »
Its almost certainly just the events for the lab location 83 I believe being gone it happens. Ill restore it when I'm home tomorrow from a back up. The enhasa overworld bug is much scarier and confusing. The being stuck in chropolis was just you not taking the tdc to 1002 correct? Though going back to 605 was definitely a bug.

Jp
Jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 10:41:28 pm »
*Rolls eyes*

It's a return statement in object 00 that is missing :(  I'll put the fix in the next patch ASAP.  One of zeality's bugs was to change the music in this room after a certain chapter, so in object 00 i added a conditional...i'm guessing I usually click "add command" which adds a return and then change that return into the command i want....I probably skipped the add command and changed the return that was there into the play music command.

yay for it not being corruption
boo for me ruining the beta test experience :(

Sorry guys....

--JP

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 11:52:25 pm »
That's why we have Beta tests, to find things like this.  It's not a problem at all.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 12:09:20 am »
Thanks :)  You're definitely getting hit the hardest cause you're farther than everyone else.

Onto the bugs (BUG'd = yup you're right i added it to the database):

* Placeholder text....not a bug.....just kidding BUG'd
* Lemonade Stand, BUG'd
* Leene Square graphics, BUG'd
* Formal Crap, well not everyone played CT:DS, and glenn's speech was defintely one of the wars after the demo release, i think it's best to have a line explicitly explaining his dialogue.
* Mute King Guardia: BUG'd
* Difficulty Bugs, see the thread i made about difficulty
* Select map:  People press those things :)
* reptite maverick run away: Bug'd
* Vision Serpant:  even if it looks a little funky it's highliy unlikely we'll find someone who can sprite something better...I consider it cool enough to be worth it.
* Select Maps:  Hm...i'll bug it, do you know how to fix it?  Is it graphics?
* Forest Ruins Show stopper: BUG'd

--JP