Author Topic: Historical newspapers (discussion)  (Read 319 times)

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Historical newspapers (discussion)
« on: February 12, 2009, 11:37:46 am »
I am NOT trying to advertise a link since I want an actual intelligent discussion here like my pizza parlor thread which is going pretty good in my opinion.    Thanks to all who contriubted. :D

Are you a history buff?   Do you live in a small town?  population 5,000 or less?

Ever been to a website called smalltownpapers.com?    They actually were going to small towns in the USA digitlizing bound volums to make your town come to life........... historically speaking and provide them free of $   

It's fun to read the old advertisments seeing the cheap prices for stuff.

Unfortunatly the staff have dissapeared and some of the newspapers don't work unless it's powered by Foot Note. :picardno  :P           They got quite a bit of papers but not a whole lot of dates in despite saying they will do papers from the 1800s to present.     PAH!                They request thing for some reason doesn't even friggin work!

Doe you wish your small town paper went digital?

There is also a site called historicalnewspapers.com but they only have half the dates and not all the states are covered..    It costs $$$$ to join.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 11:39:36 am by TriforceofEternity »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: Historical newspapers (discussion)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 01:08:04 pm »
(Not exactly sure how to proceed)

I'd try and find the New York Times Article on 9/11, since my church has the front page, which has most of the article, but not all of it.