Author Topic: OMG BLINK!  (Read 3218 times)

idioticidioms

Re: OMG BLINK!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 01:17:22 am »
yeah, Blink 182 has... never been anywhere close to being the best band ever. About the best news I heard music-wise recently was that AC/DC was putting out another CD and going on tour.

But seriously, lot's of better bands than Blink 182.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 02:06:31 am »
Yeah, I've never cared for Blink, or Travis "OMG I got in a plane crash! Let me blog about it from my hospital bed and post pics of my injuries on myspace!" Barker.

Better news...

OMFG SPINAL TAP IS REUNITING!

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 02:09:04 am »
Yeah, I've never cared for Blink, or Travis "OMG I got in a plane crash! Let me blog about it from my hospital bed and post pics of my injuries on myspace!" Barker.

Better news...

You've gotta be kidding. Now THAT is good news.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 02:12:55 am »

Better news...

You've gotta be kidding. Now THAT is good news.

Yup, got the info right here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/feb/04/spinal-tap-record-new-album

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 02:16:10 am »
The second coming of Spinal Tap. Wonderful.

Those guys are seriously awesome. One thing I didn't know till a little while ago is that the one guy, the bassist, does a good third or so of the voices on the Simpsons.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 02:18:46 am »
Spinal Tap? Seriously. I only saw the Spinal Tap movie a few months ago. Call me ignorant, but I thought they only made the band for that movie. I'd really like to see what new material they come up with.

I really wish Pink Floyd were still around... At risk of getting yelled at, THAT is the best bend there ever was.
But alas, I came into this world to late for that. At least we still have Metallica.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 02:28:14 am »
Spinal Tap? Seriously. I only saw the Spinal Tap movie a few months ago. Call me ignorant, but I thought they only made the band for that movie. I'd really like to see what new material they come up with.

I really wish Pink Floyd were still around... At risk of getting yelled at, THAT is the best bend there ever was.
But alas, I came into this world to late for that. At least we still have Metallica.

I think it was made solely for that movie at first. But they toured afterward because people liked them. Or something along those lines.

Pink Floyd... eh, I'll keep my comments to myself, heh. :) But Metallica... well, part of Metallica, at any rate.

idioticidioms

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 02:31:05 am »
Pink Floyd will always be best to listen to while high on something. Doesn't matter what.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 02:33:05 am »
It's hard to find other people that like Pink Floyd, but I was pretty much raised listening to that band. Aah, nostalgia...

Pink Floyd will always be best to listen to while high on something. Doesn't matter what.
Does high on video games, homework or exercise count? Never done any drug.

I went to the last Metallica concert in Seattle. They played songs from a lot of different albums, it was pretty easy to tell when they switched from one album to another. Some just aren't as good as others. But hey, the parts that are good are really good, so they'll always be one of my favourite bands.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 02:52:56 am by Zephira »

idioticidioms

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 02:44:16 am »
The band's just got one of those sounds that really hits your soul while you're high. It's still good while you're sober, but man...

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 02:54:43 am »
Shit, I am a Pink Floyd FANATIC!

I have almost every single fucking album from them.

Still trying to get a hold of Live at Pompei.

Listen to their old stuff, back when Syd was still around. Shit man, that's a trip all in itself.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 12:39:58 am »
I'm only really ok with Travis Barker (Aquabats FTW~!!) even though the only Blink album I think is really great is Dude Ranch. The other two seem like aholes...I'd rather hear more from the Transplants.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 12:45:56 am »
Concerning Pink Floyd, I was repelled by the scene in the movie "The Wall" that had the shredder.

'Course, I was younger, and at the time imagined my grandmother suffering a similar fate. I think I might have cried during that time (I was, what, maybe 8 or so? IDR), but I can't truly remember.

Also, IIRC, their song by the same name was played during that scene. Then again, I think that is indeed accurate, b/c I cannot STAND to hear that song without desperately wanting to listen to something else.

A social worker I hang out with once explained both the scene and the song to me, but I can't remember what he said.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 06:29:13 am »
I wish I could start a band and play four power chords in every song and not be able to sing on key and make millions of dollars a year.

I'd call it....Captain Crunch and the Cereal Killers. What music is popular these days? Emo? We'd be an emo band. And I'd sing songs about how I don't get along with my parents and how no girls wanna bang me so that the kids could relate. They would be like, "man, that guy understands me" and I'd laugh my way all the way to the bank. Maybe I would throw in some potty humor, you know, so they know that being a supar kewl rock star isn't all serious business.

Don't be crazy now. We all know emo is about the girl that broke up with them, but they won't man up and accept it.

Also to whoever mentioned blinks drumming. Try out some Rush drumming and then get back to me.

idioticidioms

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 06:48:59 am »
actually, emo is more about the girl they wish would date them, just so they could be broken up with and actually have something worth feeling sorry for themselves about.