Author Topic: OMG BLINK!  (Read 3366 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
OMG BLINK!
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:13:33 pm »
I thought it would be important for everyone to know that Blink-182 (THE BEST BAND EVER) is back together and is having a tour this summer!!!!!!!!

chrono eric

• View Profile
Re: OMG BLINK!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:22:58 pm »
Is this a joke?

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 04:04:56 am »
Is this a joke?
Apparently so. Everyone knows Blink-182 aren't cool. ;P

Seriously, that's ok and all... but it's not that important.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 12:22:18 pm »
I totally thought this was in reference to the Doctor Who episode. Now I am disappointed and disillusioned.

Quote from: The Doctor
I don't know what stopped you talking but I can guess. They're coming. The Angels are coming for you, but listen -- your life could depend on this -- don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 02:46:49 pm »
The was a hellishly scary episode! I loved that one

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 02:52:04 pm »
I thought it would be important for everyone to know that Blink-182 (THE BEST BAND EVER) is back together and is having a tour this summer!!!!!!!!

"I'm gonna have to go ahead and sorta disagree with you there."

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 04:06:17 pm »
I wish I could start a band and play four power chords in every song and not be able to sing on key and make millions of dollars a year.

I'd call it....Captain Crunch and the Cereal Killers. What music is popular these days? Emo? We'd be an emo band. And I'd sing songs about how I don't get along with my parents and how no girls wanna bang me so that the kids could relate. They would be like, "man, that guy understands me" and I'd laugh my way all the way to the bank. Maybe I would throw in some potty humor, you know, so they know that being a supar kewl rock star isn't all serious business.

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 04:45:28 pm »
I'm two steps ahead, bro.

I've a band called My Dead Auntie. We play emo music till we bleed, which is quite common. All these kids are like "Dude, they understand what we're going through. We might have something to live for." Yeah, I've saved the lives of hundreds through my music.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 05:35:03 pm »
I wish I could start a band and play four power chords in every song and not be able to sing on key and make millions of dollars a year.

How can you hate Blink-182? And try there drums on for size, you couldn't do that on Rock Band.

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 05:45:15 pm »
Try these drums on for size. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue0kCn5YRE0

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 08:14:24 pm »
That's Metal though. All there music is suppose to have a ridiculous amount of notes, but outside of that its bands like blink and jazz.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 08:36:43 pm »
@Laith

You should play new rock, and be the Gavinners. You can even make your songs related to law, crime, being a prosecutor, etc.

Just kidding, but it would be neat if we brought Klavier Gavin's music to life. That man is a good one.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 10:37:19 pm »
How can you hate Blink-182? And try there drums on for size, you couldn't do that on Rock Band.

Heh, I don't hate Blink-182, I just like poking fun at their rediculously easy guitar riffs and their gratingly annoying vocals. But notice how I never once made fun of Travis Barker? Travis Barker is an incredible drummer. He really drives that band. But I wouldn't go see the band just for the drummer. Their songs aren't really my cup of tea. Which is a subjective opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs, but the fact remains: Barker = awesome drummer, Tom and Mark = not so awesome guitarists and vocalists.

But there have been lots of bands that are made up of members that weren't so awesome at playing their instruments that I absolutely love. Like The Ramones. Great songwriters, poor musicians.

Blink-182 is sort of like Rancid in that Matt Freeman really drives that band. You can't think of any Rancid songs without humming the baseline to them.

Maxwell Murder extended bass solo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J08skBDQ3C4

Champion. Absolutely champion.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:41:50 pm by chrono eric »

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 12:31:44 am »
LOL GREENMUTHAFUCKINDAY! I WANT TO BE AMEWICAN IDIOT!

Best band ever = Avenged Sevenfold. 3/4 of their albums were complete awesomeness.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 12:51:12 am »
So Zeppelin doesn't get together - they who are by the appraisal of many more the greatest band that would have any hope of getting back together - and these do instead? What a tragedy.