Author Topic: The best pizza parlors in Your Town USA! (discussion)  (Read 2614 times)

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
The best pizza parlors in Your Town USA! (discussion)
« on: February 08, 2009, 03:46:37 am »
"What is the best pizza parlors in your hometown?  I am curious as to the features in them especally if they have arcades due to the fact we have no arcade parlor anwhere near here."

I'm Hoping to get an intelligent discussion going here about your favorite pizza parlors (YUM!) so if you are thinking about being a wise-crack on here  and not really contributing  this is not the forum for you.    :P    Please make an actual wise-crack discussion thread on your own if you want to do that and I won't bother you........I promise.

"means me speaking"    (Means an edit to specify something or imply thoughts)     *Means action sequence if used which I doubt I'll need*

Please use this format:   

City

State:

Resturant details:

"One of my favorite things to do at home or sometimes going on vacation is to try out different pizza parlors if we are going to stay in one spot for a while."

My Hometown:   

Silverton,

Oregon,

United States of America "Or it wouldn't be a state otherwise which I am sure you know that or something is very wrong with the picture and God needs to evaluate himself."

Pizza Parlor: 

The Home Place.          http://www.homeplacerestaurant.com/            (Remodeled in 2003 due to a fire overnight in the summer sometime)   :(

"Features a resturant serving a full line of traditional food on one side with a real stone fireplace.  Pizza/games on the left.    Includes Breakfest,Lunch and Dinner:   

The bar is upstairs with a group room where you can reserve it for a group setting or a party. 

Video poker is downstairs by the door for you to lose your wages.

http://www.homeplacerestaurant.com/Rest_Photos.htm

PROS:   Large place with friendly staff.   Very family friendly,  Full restruant menu,  Games tend to change hands.

CONS:   Games have been stupid lately and the games in the photos are long gone.    Half of it I believe is crane games.  :(

Since it's the only pizza place in a growing town it's almost always crowded so I just do drive thru most of the time.     They really need to add a second in-door pizza resturant.     They should've done it when they had the fire outbreak.

Games:   The last I looked which was in the late fall they had  Rush 2049:  (Fun game, hard to control though)  Some pineball game I can't remember and Deer Hunter:    They used to have Pacman/Astroids combo but it was taken out.   :picardno        Before the fire they had lots more but now it's junky crane/prize games.

While you are waiting for your food you can make yourself hungrier by  shooting cyber deer.   :P

I'll check back every few days to see if this baby is actually walking anywhere.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
Re: The best pizza parlors in Your Town USA! (discussion)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 03:50:31 am »
Jutty looks towards Triforce and exclaims, "Why are you using quotations around your speech in a forum post."

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 04:29:41 am »
There used to be this awesome pizza place called The Tomato in town, but it was unfortunately burned down by a bunch of angry hippies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hedBJh0LI58

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 11:36:16 am »
There are two really great pizza places here in the Burg of Fitch. If you ask me, anyway. There's Parrot Pizza on John Fitch Highway (or at least near it), our usual, which (lucky for the male delivery people) is located right next to an R-rated store. Don't know if it's videos or books or whatever but... yeah. They do amazing pizza and chicken fingers (and I hear great salad), but not a lot of people order from there. Except for last Friday. They were their busiest that night. The busiest they had been in three months.

The second place on my list is Espresso Pizza in downtown Fitchburg. They're run by Egyptians (I think) and their sauce is so sweet. They do a party pizza that will knock your socks off.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 02:28:10 pm »
Before I moved up here (actually, not all that long before I moved) a girl who had moved down alerted me to a place in Kirkland, Washington called Acropolis. It's a sit down pizza parlor. No games or anything like that; just good food. I went there recently, although I don't go terribly often. I'm glad I had the good fortune to meet the young lady; I don't know that I'd have tried the place out on my own, and it's really quite good.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 07:37:41 pm »
Never heard of Acropolis, I'll have to check it out.

The best pizza parlor I've been to was called Big Time Pizza. It was close to Redmond Town Center, Washington. Sadly, it got shut down and replaced with a tequila bar.
These people made GIANT pizzas in a brick oven. The whole restaurant looked old fashioned with dark wood tables, brick walls, dim lighting, and nice paintings. My family only went there once, but the pizza we ordered had a whole ton of juicy meat on it and so much cheese we could hardly pull the pieces apart.
The only downside (other than going out of business) was that it took a long time to cook the pizzas. They gave us balls of dough to play with while we waited.

I've never run across another Big Time Pizza, so for me it's just Pizza Hut (which is also good, just not as good).

Sigma Head

• Porrean (+50)
  • THE BADDLE HAZ JUSD BEGUNN! DIE! XXX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 08:28:53 pm »
I'm situated by at least 8 pizza places. One my family and I have ordered from for years is named Obbie's. Oh man, Obbie's just rocks. It's just a little delivery place, no dine-ins, but good lord do they have some good pie at good prices.

Another little joint I order from all the time is called Villa Rosa. Now, they have a restaurant inside and they deliver. Their pizza is pretty good, but their other selections are WAAY better. Mmmm. I might order from them right now.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 08:58:19 pm »
There's another place in Redmond Town Center; I forget the name. But they make a pizza with alligator on it, which makes it worthwhile in my book. It was pretty good, too, but I mostly ate there for the novelty of having alligator.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 11:20:17 pm »
There's a pretty good place in Tacoma (it might be a chain or something around Washington now, I'm not sure) called The Rock where they make "wood fired pizza"...

This is a weird thread.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 01:49:07 am »
Haven't heard of it. Do they have Romios down in Tacoma? They make a damn fine calzone.

And yes, this is an odd thread. It'll be interesting to see if it stays Washington-centric. The Compendium seems to have a disproportionate user base there.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 02:08:50 am »
Disproportionate, as in you, me and V?

I've had Romio's, it's pretty good. Especially the Olympian - a carnivore's paradise!
That 'alligator pizza' sounds interesting though. Do you know what their business days are?
There's another good one around here, I think it's Pagliacci's. My D&D group orders there every Saturday, and they have some pretty crazy specials. Last month had pear, mushroom and basil. Month before that had no sauce, but tomato chunks, a TON of cheese and sea salt. Pagliacci's has great specials for vegetarians. Not as fun as Romio's Olympian, but I suppose it's the thought that counts :D

Quite a weird thread indeed, but pizza is the lifeblood of nerds.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 02:53:40 am »
I don't think that'd be very good for your veins...And I'm pretty sure I've noticed more than the three of us being from Washington...now whether or not they were just n00bs come & gone or relurkers (similar to reverse vampires, I think), I couldn't say...I think it's the rain, it makes us stay indoors more in the NW. :lol:

If there is a Romio's I haven't seen it (which isn't that big of a thing, really)...Nor have I heard of it...*shrugs*

Weirdy weird weird...!

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 03:04:36 am »
Bleh, Alabama sucks when it comes to anything. All we have is the usual. Papa John's, Pizza Hut, etc. Of course I mean in the Mobile area.... Idk about the rest of Alabama.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 02:53:42 pm »
I don't live in the US so I can't contribute....but if the topic was open to all..then I would say my wife's pizza beats any restaurant hands down. 

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 08:25:57 pm »
I'm sure your wife's pizza is great and all...but I bet dijourno beats it anyday.

Mmm...dijourno...so much better than delivery...so much.