Author Topic: Any sequential artist out there?  (Read 1788 times)

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Any sequential artist out there?
« on: January 27, 2009, 04:18:02 pm »
I consider myself a student of sequential art, comics, webcomics...etc. I have no talent for drawing myself, but I write and edit a few things here and there. Eventually I'd like to work full time in this field, but for now it's just an occasional hobby. I was curious if anyone else is interested in this field. If so, I'd love to check out your stuff.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Any sequential artist out there?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 05:24:18 pm »
I'm practicing to draw a manga series I've been planning out for 2 years, if that's at all relevant.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 05:31:30 pm »
I'm practicing to draw a manga series I've been planning out for 2 years, if that's at all relevant.

Of course that's relevant. I just like to check out everyone's different styles. I love learning about different aspects of pacing and story telling ability. I'd like to check out your stuff some time.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 05:35:28 pm »
Usually, when I draw comics, the people are in a bubble sort of style. It provides a lot of motion and is easy to draw, although they look like crap. You want me to show you an example?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 05:37:43 pm »
I once drew comics. I made two original stories, but only one was completely original.

The Legend Of Zelda: Oni Resurrection - Based on an LoZ Fanfic I read once but can't find anymore. It's the one in which it turns out the Fierce Deity Mask contains the spirit of Link's father, an oni god whose name I've forgotten. If anyone finds it please link it to me.

Metroid: Fourth Dimension - Based on Metroid: Zero Mission for GBA. Samus, myself, and a friend get pulled into a black hole and wind up in an alternate universe. Kinda ridiculous now that I know what the Fourth Dimension actually is. Became a text story in Eighth Grade, this version I actually finished, since I didn't get far in the comic version the previous year.

.hack//DUEL - Another comic-turned-story, this time based on the .hack//SIGN anime. Exact plot I never managed to get down, but it takes me, the friend from the Metroid comic, a third friend, and "Tsukasa" on a journey to defeat Morganna Mode Gone. Originally had Lavos in it, with Morganna sending us out to defeat him, but that got scrapped IIRC. One of the parts I remember making was the scene in the CT re-enactment was my resurrection, which mirrored Crono's.

I made many hand-drawn pics, some of which are either torn up and/or thrown away by my folks, or somewhere gathering dust. One I made recently was a drawing of Shadow transformed by some strange element I read in a Harry Potter Lemon I found on FanFiction.Net, which wasn't that bad in hindsight. If anyone wants the link so they can discern the element let me know and I'll post it. It's not NSFW, I know that much.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 05:42:44 pm »
Usually, when I draw comics, the people are in a bubble sort of style. It provides a lot of motion and is easy to draw, although they look like crap. You want me to show you an example?
Absolutely. I'd love to see some stuff.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 05:47:45 pm »
Alright, I'll throw something together in Paint. Note that most of my comics are done by hand with pencil, as I hate the way my mouse drawn pictures turn out. Will post when it is done.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 06:35:27 pm »
I've very rarely actually gone the comics route, but I sorta have a simplistic styled comedic superhero project I've been working on...I haven't made any of it available online though...just stuffs in my notebooks...I could probably redo a lot of it with an okay enough prog online (I could see doing it on something like the Compendium Oekaki uses)...

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 06:37:17 pm »
I'm fairly good, but I've been out of practice for about a year.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 06:42:08 pm »
Okay, here are four of my novel characters. From left to right, Lovell Stildoph, Seren Queshire, Sinclair Lockwood, and Mayim Azarath. We're missing Aurora Prieto and Zach and Alex Entineval. But Alex is a bitch to draw... you'd never think that drawing a ghost would be difficult...

[attachment deleted by admin]

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 06:46:20 pm »
... the girl on the far right looks like Marle...

Ha! I quote yourself!

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 06:48:54 pm »
Mayim was actually based very heavily on Marle. She's just... whinier. If you read the story (AND IF YOU DIDN'T V I WILL COME AND DESTROY YOUR SOUL), you'll see that Mayim is a whiny little princess girl, heir to her kingdom, carries a crossbow, and uses ice magic. Sound familiar?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 06:54:18 pm »
If you read the story (AND IF YOU DIDN'T V I WILL COME AND DESTROY YOUR SOUL)

Did you read Magness?

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 06:54:59 pm »
Yes. I have. Have you read my 99 page novel?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 06:58:24 pm »
IF YOU DIDN'T READ MY STORY V I WILL COME AND DESTROY YOUR SOUL

Hey, Soul Erasure is a Light thing! Aren't you Dark or something?