Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: DS Ultimania OUT!! Translators Desperately Needed!  (Read 27721 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger: DS Ultimania OUT!! Translators Desperately Needed!
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2009, 04:18:05 am »
Oh, no problem. It's just the NPC pages, right? You might be interested in helping out with the Chrono Cross Ultimania translations if the CT:U translations obviously don't contain anything useful.

HartleySan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2009, 09:16:09 pm »
Yep. Just describes a little bit about the characters' personalities, etc. The thing is, there is additional little tidbits about the characters' general personalities, but I don't think they're anything official. I mean, I don't think the original script writers for the game licensed the descriptions. I think it's really just a matter of the people who wrote the guide making something up that coincides with the characters. Could be wrong.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2009, 09:40:54 pm »
Still sounds worthwhile to me.  :D

Might provide some evidence of whether Schala should be considered "emo."

HartleySan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2009, 02:40:44 am »
Good lord! I just realized that in my previous post, I said "there is little tidbits". Grammar win! Anyway, if people deem it important, than I will do my best to get around to it when I can. It's one of those things where it really wouldn't take that long to do, but at the same time, for me to really be able to sit down in front of my computer and just focus without any distractions, that's the trick. Well, I'll get around to it someday. Sorry for the wait. I'll recheck Schala, in particular, tonight.

HartleySan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2009, 11:43:40 am »
I also just realized that I don't have any information about Schala on those scans either. Whoops!

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2009, 03:23:24 pm »
Page 524-525 are complete, however, just like my previous post on the Eclipse Magus/Darkness Beyond Time page translations, I would really like someone to review them again (preferably Lorenz and/or HartleySan if possible :D). There were a couple things we did not get to that are not translated, and I will make note of those in the scanlation.

It should be up soon and I just wanted to update you all. I am doing my best to put together the scanlation, but there is a lot of information that I am piecing which seems to be an annoying jig-saw puzzle where I don't know what the end result picture is...

HartleySan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2009, 04:25:45 am »
Alright, I'm getting tired of posting on this board and simply reporting that I have accomplished nothing, while you all are working your butts off, doing a ton of translation. I also realized that my problem is that I only check these boards when I'm at work and bored. So, 一石二鳥 ("kill two birds with one stone"), I'm gonna bring in those darn scans to work tomorrow and start working on them at work (especially since the translation work at work has been slow recently). (I used the word "work" too many times in that last sentence.) Anyway, with that said, once I get the two scans knocked out, I will start checking out people's stuff, as well.

While I have not actually read most of your guys' translations thus far, I think you all are are doing a super job and look forward to joining the effort (as soon as I do some actual translation, that is)!

Lorenz

• Bounty Seeker
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • You can't spell "PIMP" without "P-I-P."
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2009, 02:55:20 pm »
Magus22, I'm sure you did a fine job, but I would also be more than happy to take a look at your  translations.  Is there a link or something so I can see how they turned out? 

HartleySan, I wouldn't worry if it's taking a little while to get around to those translations.  After my initial burst of energy, I've been terribly lackadaisical about wrapping up these last few translations, too.  It's just nice to see so many people making an effort to support the community, I think.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:24:57 pm by Lorenz »

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2009, 03:46:39 pm »
Thanks for the heads-up Lorenz and HartleySan.  :) :D btw... I circled the Japanese text that has not been translated in black which you will notice...

Ok... I have pieced together everything from the scan. Hope it is worthwhile, but most of the boss data can probably already be found on the official DS Bestiary.

However, I must say personally, I like the re-translated names of the techs that have once again been lost in the English translation. I encourage you all to read over the skills/techs of each boss/enemy. You WILL like them - just look at Dalton's last counter-attack tech for example, the famous belch that damages your party after you defeat him.

Also, I posted the original .TXT document we WORD processed together, and included yet another document on MS-WORD that cleaned it up a little (still no change to the original contents on the .TXT).

http://www.zshare.net/image/574935294638203d/ = Page 524-525 translation

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q3/GUILE22/p524-525scanlation.jpg = same as above

If the links are not working or you can't see them that good, let me know ASAP. The file is extremely large, but if you download it, you might be able to pick up the full resolution.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2009, 04:04:03 pm »
Thanks Magus22! Your team has uncovered some really useful tidbits, including the suggestion that Dalton appeared in the dimensional vortex as a direct result of being sucked into his own gate. But I guess it can still be interpreted in different ways.

Have I given you the Dream Devourer page in this section of the Ultimania? That might just hold a clue, but then again, they actually fuzzed out the Dream Devourer, so maybe not. Grr.

Finally knowing how enemy resistances are listed in the Ultimania will be a huge help in tech exploration.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2009, 07:14:13 pm »
Thanks Magus22! Your team has uncovered some really useful tidbits, including the suggestion that Dalton appeared in the dimensional vortex as a direct result of being sucked into his own gate. But I guess it can still be interpreted in different ways.

Have I given you the Dream Devourer page in this section of the Ultimania? That might just hold a clue, but then again, they actually fuzzed out the Dream Devourer, so maybe not. Grr.

Finally knowing how enemy resistances are listed in the Ultimania will be a huge help in tech exploration.

No problem! Was the DD on page 409? - right after Time's Eclipse? Or are you talking about a totally different page?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2009, 07:45:31 pm »
There's an enemy entry for the Dream Devourer on p.527. Now I'm kicking myself for not handing it out to anyone yet. Let me know if you've got time.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2009, 08:05:48 pm »
I still have the old file you sent in the PM box a couple months ago.

Let me check that and see if p.527 is in there. Actually, as I was typing this, the folder I have on my desktop loaded with Abel's awesome scans do not contain p.527 :x

I defintely got the time though! Our professors seem to have pop-up Guest Speakers all of a sudden in a syllabus they just handed us after the week-off break - plus zero assignments. I can try to get the old crew together again too!

HartleySan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2009, 09:05:23 pm »
Magus22, for the two circled parts that are still in Japanese, the one for Dalton says something along the lines of, "He powers up after he gives his little speech." I can't make out the rest with the quality of the scan. Sorry.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2009, 10:20:05 pm »
Looks like the side comments are just gameplay strategy stuff then -- I wouldn't consider it too high priority, so it's safe to move onto p.527.

Magus22, I'll PM you the appropriate file shortly.