Author Topic: Modification of Crono's Cross 3D Model  (Read 3789 times)

CronoBJS

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Modification of Crono's Cross 3D Model
« on: January 23, 2009, 01:06:16 am »
Lol Well ok here I go. So I began modifying the Crono Model to you now. Bringing it up to today's standards. Hopefully Ill be done soon. Ill work on it very hard over the week-end so ill keep you guys posted with updates. So far this is what I started out with:
That is the original Crono model ripped from Chrono Cross. Nothing changed from it.

Now this is my modification:

So far Im at the head. Basically I had to reconstructure the face of Crono. Adding Eyes Mouth physically on the model. The texture is not finished. Still have yet to texture the shadows on the face and Hair. I also have yet to add the ears and the back part of the head band. The Scarf and down will come soon so keep a look out! Ok then till next time! Hope you guys like what ive done so far. Critisism is widely accepted. I want to work hard on this so if you have anything to say just say it. I might feel a bit down at first but hey its ok just you wont be hurting me physically lol jp jp. Well yeah so comment what on your Opinions!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:09:52 am by CronoBJS »

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Modification of Crono's Cross 3D Model
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 11:55:24 am »
So do you plan to model an adult Crono?
It would be interesting if you change those 3 "ghost children" into their adult version.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 12:06:05 pm »
We're rooting for you CronoBJS!

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 01:09:53 pm »
Cool stuff! Good luck man. You can't rip off an existing face, can you? I think it'd be easier on you in the long run--Crono's most notable characteristic is his hair...and that's been provided to ya, so why not take the easy route and paste that onto someone else's head? Then again, it looks like you've got something decent brewing up already, so good luck with it!

CronoBJS

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 01:20:34 pm »
So do you plan to model an adult Crono?
It would be interesting if you change those 3 "ghost children" into their adult version.

lol that is exactly what I plan to do! But instead of using PSX graphics Im just going to make them nice graphics.
Cool stuff! Good luck man. You can't rip off an existing face, can you? I think it'd be easier on you in the long run--Crono's most notable characteristic is his hair...and that's been provided to ya, so why not take the easy route and paste that onto someone else's head? Then again, it looks like you've got something decent brewing up already, so good luck with it!

Lol I can rip the face but that is not what I want to do. The normal face kind of looks too kid-ish and its just a texture applied to a very low poly model. So what Im doing is subdividing the existing face, re arranging the facial features to make them more adult, and re texturerizing with my own style.
But yea the hair was a simple cutting out the hair from the original and pasting it on the head and modified some hair strands to match those of the real Crono picture...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:23:20 pm by CronoBJS »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 02:22:37 pm »
 :D Really lookin forward to see the 17 year old! Serge's model is an ideal one for reference, since both their ages were the same when playable. As for the hair, are you planing on Low Poly or High Poly-Strands? Come to think of it, both Cinema 4D and Poser have High Poly-Strands, unlike CC which has Polygon hair thingy. But regardless, nice textures would make the impossible.  8)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 02:34:50 pm »
Just keep in mind CronoBJS, if you keep your model somewhere around 800verts or lower, it'll definitely be usable in Chrono Cross...

CronoBJS

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 04:04:13 pm »
Holy crap you can replace models in cross? And play the game through!?!?!?! Holy! In that case Ill change Guile to Magus lol. Seems like a cool Idea. Or change a Character that we wont use to one of the chars. Either way itll be sweet. And as for the hair meh, Im kinda going for the Ressurection/Kingdom Hearts look. IDK how im going to achieve the results, ill tinkle with it in diff programs. Ill download Cinema 4d. I already have poser and 3D studio max. Both can do real hair strands. But the only prob is that if I do use real strands the hair may be too realistic and loose its anime feel. So In that case I could redo the head more Realistic and go for the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children look... IDK But itll be alot harder to do and time consuming. As for now ill stick to the Anime style but make the hair abit better.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 05:17:15 pm »
Aye, take a look at Magus in CC. If you can pull off a decent Crono, that'd be sweet.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 05:20:22 pm »
Well, that was really Magil. The finished "Magus Unmasked" project resulted in this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TG0r25AhkU

Damn, damn, damn, I'm still pissed at Warner Music Group forcing Youtube to artisitcally gut Part 2 of the Chrono Trigger 13th Birthday Tribute video series. Well, it's obsolete at this point I guess, but it was so wonderful. *sniff*

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 05:31:23 pm »
Ah, that was the video I was looking for! Anyhow, CronoBJS, take a look at it pal, if you want an idea of how neat it'd be to see another CT character in CC.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 05:34:14 pm »
Absolutely. The more the merrier -- there's actually a fan project on a hidden forum dedicated to a new CC story, and we could always use more modelers so we don't burn out Satoh. It's absolutely possible to make an adult-looking CT character from the child-like textures. I'd show you guys what Satoh did for Marle, but that would be revealing the greatest fan project spoiler ever created this side of Crimson Echoes.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 12:47:02 am »
I'm wondering if CT Resurrection outright dumped everything they made except for the music? I'm talking about source code, 3D model files, etc. Were they just dumped into the trash?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 01:26:09 am »
Their website is still available to visit.

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

Although I don't think something like that would be there.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:27:53 am by Acacia Sgt »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 04:30:37 am »
Seriously it's like Microsoft dumping Windows in the garbage and all its assets.

... actually, that would be good. More UNIX please!