Author Topic: Chrono Break maby when...  (Read 1175 times)

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
Chrono Break maby when...
« on: April 08, 2005, 09:35:03 am »
maby square will release something on chrono break after advent children and FF XII im mean by the time FF XII comes out so will the new zelda game (cant wait 4 it) thus square FFXII - nintendo new Zelda so since with the release of the PSP to combat nintendo's choke hold on the handheld market sony has nintendo even in the handheld market which help square who do so many games for sony

and therefore sony and square are even with nintendo so with the release of advent children square dose good once again and when nintendo is saying "oh $&!# good thing thats over square comes in and bust's thier ass with Chrono Break since with the amount of fake posters circulating the supence builds thus chrono fans are well you get the picture. and nintendo are in a corner saying "oh S*** oh S*** oh S***" square will make money and ill stop now before i start rambling

this is my theory looking at it in a buissnes point of veiw so lets hope till then or perhaps im completely wrong and square are stupid for ignoring the little pot of cash call chrono break

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 08:22:30 pm »
Quote from: saridon
ill stop now before i start rambling

Before you start to ramble...? :lol:

Uh...but seriously...There's only one of two things happening right now in Square-Enix's pov of the Chrono series...

1. No talent available. ie they just need time to work out a few of the other many, many serieses (uh...can series be pluraled? wait...can plural be a verb?) before they get to Chrono again...I think Kato and Mitsuda are back though, or at the very least pretty much every main person responsible for the Chrono series is freelance...So maybe they're waiting until they can scrape the money together to make something really great and get all the big-wigs back together...

2. They don't think the Chrono series is that popular. I personally love the series...But the fact is, there's only been two games released in the states...And I'm not sure how well it did in Japan, which is a major clincher seeing how the company that makes the games is, well, based in Japan...The biggest game, Chrono Trigger, was a 16-Bit classic...But back then, RPGs weren't quite as big as they are today, or, heck not even as big as they were in the last era (32-bit). Chrono Cross did well, but it didn't get loads of attention from newer gamers because it came out in a point in time when a lot of NA gamers were pretty much just clammoring over anything with the words Final Fantasy in the title (which, sadly continues with each new era and game).

But I believe people have started to broaden their horizons and I think Square-Enix has picked up on this. Over the last few years we've seen them pick up some of their slightly older serieses (damn that word!) and I think that brings some hope for a new Chrono game too...

Whew...talk about rambling, right?

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 08:43:59 pm »
Do we even need a Chrono Break? I mean, what hasn't been explained?

yoshie

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 09:39:43 pm »
if anything they should remake the series with updated graphics first befor they do chrono break. not as good graphics as ff11 but atleast more cleaner for cc.

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 11:21:25 pm »
I do want to know is who, since Square & Enix joined, give the cards in Square°Enix? Because i see, a great nunber of Enix  titles coming out, form old serrie like Grandia to new serie like Drakengard, while Square just throw FF and Front Mission titles.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 12:48:16 am »
i was just saying that IF they do chrono break itl probally be around then

and with the chrono team being freelance yeah that kills the chances alot hmmn maby if we bought the rights from square we could hire the chrono team since their freelance :P

but thats pretty unliekly to happen

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 08:03:19 am »
Quote from: GreenGannon

The Fall of Guardia, the Masamune corruption, Crono and Marle's fate, and Leah's origin.

...and Magus' fate too.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 12:48:09 pm »
Oh right, sorry. I'd forgottten. Especially the Fall of Guardia I'd imagine.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2005, 06:28:14 pm »
and with the chrono team being freelance yeah that kills the chances alot

What? No it doesn't...The thing that would kill the chances a lot would be if the Chrono team was signed to another company. And even then, that wouldn't kill anything because Square-Enix has a lot of other talent they could give the project to (if they could spare the time that is). Freelance just means it would be a bit more expensive, but those guys all deserve it really...But since a lot of them have a lot of experience with Squaresoft (and Enix!), I'm sure they could work out a nice deal if they really wanted...

Andrelvis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 10:10:28 pm »
Quote from: GreenGannon

Well, a new game wouldn't explain anything. Actually, I'm not looking forward to a new Chrono game because of plot explanation, I'm looking forward to Chrono Break because it will expand the Chrono World. To be quite sincere, new games create twice or thrice as many questions as they explain... But looking forward to a game just because of explanation is just silly IMHO.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 01:50:57 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
and with the chrono team being freelance yeah that kills the chances alot

What? No it doesn't...The thing that would kill the chances a lot would be if the Chrono team was signed to another company. And even then, that wouldn't kill anything because Square-Enix has a lot of other talent they could give the project to (if they could spare the time that is). Freelance just means it would be a bit more expensive, but those guys all deserve it really...But since a lot of them have a lot of experience with Squaresoft (and Enix!), I'm sure they could work out a nice deal if they really wanted...

oh yeah about forgot that