Author Topic: Shee's CC diary  (Read 8994 times)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
Shee's CC diary
« on: January 19, 2009, 06:17:20 pm »
So I'm playing CC for the first time.  I decided I'm going keep a lil diary of what's going on here and my reactions for y'all.  And umm...so we go!

For starters, this game is fucking depressing from events to music.  I like it! :lol:
I do love most of the music and the chrarcters seems to be cool, with the exception of Poshul who I should of put into a meat grinder.  I've checked out a FAQ a couple times when I was stuck.  Good to know I'm muffin' the crap out of all sorts of sheeit.  I took Guile to Viper manor, took kid right away (so no Leena I guess?  dumb broad don't even know me.....) and also chose to help save Kid.  When in the Hydra Marshes, I did all the dwarf/Hydra stuff first then followed the fairy, who WASN'T EVEN THERE ANYMORE when I went through all that sheeit to get the flute and whatnot.  LAMES BOND!  Alas, movin' on though.

Guile, is this or is this not Magus?  I read that the story of it all was taken out but, is he still Magus?  He is in my mind.

Serge seems to be pretty cool, but I liked the super heroic silent protaganist thing better the first time when he was called Crono..........

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Re: Shee's CC diary
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 06:22:36 pm »
How to make this thread awesome: Name the characters funny names, taking suggestions from other posters, and only call them by the custom name in the thread.

I'll start; Next character, if male is Traep, if female is Cumslut.

Gogogogogogogogogogogo.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 06:26:39 pm »
I dunno if I'm ready for the next female to join "cumslut" right off the bat...

But yea consider to happen!

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 06:29:37 pm »
Those are just examples brah.

Extremely offensive examples.

Looking forward to this thread's growth.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 01:14:20 am »
Guile, is this or is this not Magus?  I read that the story of it all was taken out but, is he still Magus?  He is in my mind.

No, he isn't.

My suggestion is turn down as many people as possible from joining you. You can save a Pokemon-like gotta-recruit-'em-all mentality for a New Game+...You won't be missing out on anything.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 05:34:39 am »
Guile might be Magus. Chrono Trigger Ultimania might shed more light on the subject, but CT DS definitely makes it...half-possible.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 11:13:36 am »
I've been thinking that Eclipse Magus getting amnesia might be Kato trying to turn Guile back into Magus, but since he has amnesia, he just learns new tricks and goes from warlock to a real magician (as in the tricks are real, not illusions), hangs out in Termina, meets Serge one day, and goes on the adventure that is Chrono Cross.

Also, more than likely, the next Chrono game will make another key item that shares its name with the title. Any guesses?

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 12:25:44 pm »
THE NEXT GAME WILL BE CHRONO COMPENDIUM.

Anyways, I was going to do something like this, only very in-depth, but I decided against it. I suppose I'll try again later...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 12:44:38 pm »
A game with us as the main characters?

Sounds crazy in my opinion. But who says it can't work!?

Nevermind...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 01:30:27 pm »
I don't remember a "Radical Dreamers" key item...

And seriously, am I the only one who gets miffed when people say, "I chose to save Kid"...? It's not as bad as saying "I chose not to save Kid", but the implication that that's the other option is still there...w/e...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 01:33:26 pm by V_Translanka »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 01:41:39 pm »
I hear you, Trans.

And yet you continue to contribute nothing...How much are you REALLY hearing...??
                                                                                                   ~V_Translanka

*raises eyebrow*

In the post I was replying to? A lot.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 01:54:53 pm by Shadow D. Darkman »

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 02:39:06 pm »
This is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to hearing more reactions from you. I haven't played the game in a few years. What do you think of the battle system so far?

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 08:27:25 am »
And seriously, am I the only one who gets miffed when people say, "I chose to save Kid"...? It's not as bad as saying "I chose not to save Kid", but the implication that that's the other option is still there...w/e...

Ummm...I hope I didn't miff you good sir.  Regardless, this is where things stand.

People In The Party   (In a rough order of usage)
Serge
Kid
Guile Not To Be Confused With Magus nor Guile From Street Fighter
Mojo
Poshul The Purple Buster
Pokemon Pip
Greco Who Has Only Fought One Battle

I let Korcha go, but he rolled with me for a little bit.  He was ok, nothing great I guess.  Found him annoying, really.  But it was hilarious when his whole body went red as he told Kid he loved her.  I never really thought about it, bugt I guess that is what happens.  We just have clothing on.

Ran around a bit after Kid rejoined...Doc reminds me of a surfer friend from Florida.  My buddy's a bright guy, but the most stereotypical surfer I've seen.  Still, some pretty cool shit goin' on there in those scenes.  The connection is powerful between Serge and Kid, but I love Harle's forboding message as she leaves the hermit's isle.  Harbinger of doom or jealous ranting?  I shall see I guess. 

I did the whole ghost ship thing...wasn't paying too much attention when I started it and was with Serge, Kid, and Guile Not To Be Confused With Magus nor Guile From Street Fighter.  I still managed to do alright because Guile Not To Be Confused With Magus nor Guile From Street Fighter had some other techs that weren't black, but still a pain.

Did the whole water isle thing with the dwarves and fairies.  Those fairies are some ungrateful fuckers!!!  Who cares if the dwarves were sent there by the evil humans!  Maybe if they weren't such busters int he hydra Marsh none of this would have happened.  Did some of the Fire cave, currently inside somewhere.  Just worked over Salt N' Pepa for what feels like the umpteenth time, but probably third.

idioticidioms

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 09:02:02 am »
Chrono Cross was a fun game for me when I played it when it first came out. I had a lot of fun even though I was lost a lot during the gameplay of it. With 44 chars, only 30 of so that you're able to obtain the first time through the game, it can get pretty confusing. As a good soul, you want to save Kid when the option arrives, but if you choose not to, you get Glenn, who is a very useful person to have. He has a double tech with Serge that is exactly the same (albeit in 3D) as Chrono and Frog's X-Strike in Chrono Trigger. He is, in all appearances, to be the human form of Frog and eventually is able to dual wield when you gain the Masamune sword from both Dimensions. Norris will save Kid and you will still retain her as one of your characters, but by doing this, you miss out on the chance to snag other chars. Not a big deal with the New Game +. Sorry for the spoiler, but when I found out, it made me start a completely new game, lol. My party usually consisted of Serge, Kid, and Glenn, with the occasion switch out to Kersh, Lord Viper, or the Blacksmith guy (Kappa?).

Guile was supposed to have been Magil; the future form of Magus/Janus who is finally free from the darkness of his own twisted past, but they cut that out for some reason. Guile is just Guile now, nothing special or extraordinary.

going through without a guide, you're going to miss a lot of stuff, so be forewarned, if you haven't been already.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 09:14:17 am »
My miff is muffed pretty easily these days it seems...I was actually just trying to turn my post around to something more on-topic...as you can see you didn't really even say that the other option was to "not save kid" anyways...

And you can just call Guile Alf if ya want...though I'm sure you were copy&pasting, not actually typing that all out each time...>_>

Like Phil asked, what DO you think of the battle system, Shee?

As a good soul, you want to save Kid when the option arrives, but if you choose not to, you get Glenn, who is a very useful person to have.

See? This person said that the other option is to choose not to save Kid, which is wrong. The option, like Macha reiterates right after Korcha does his little bitch thing, is "I don't know".

He is, in all appearances, to be the human form of Frog and eventually is able to dual wield when you gain the Masamune sword from both Dimensions.

CC Glenn does not look like CT Glenn...not even the stupid short-hair TOIE Glenn.

the Blacksmith guy (Kappa?).

Close: Zappa.

Guile was supposed to have been Magil; the future form of Magus/Janus who is finally free from the darkness of his own twisted past, but they cut that out for some reason.

I don't think we really know how much was really intended for Magus' role in CC...whatever it was, yes, it was abolished completely and we just got Guile...