Author Topic: [Translation - French] Chrono Trigger Prophet's Guile  (Read 10770 times)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: [Translation - French] Chrono Trigger Prophet's Guile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 10:32:18 am »
Ya...I'm really not sure how to add those myself.  I had to use hex to actually put them into the text. 

bloutz

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 06:52:28 pm »
Thanks for your help, we'll use the hex editor ;)

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 11:10:21 am »
We have included accented letters with tile molester and we have their hex adresses. If we edit each text with a hex editor it's ok but it's long, so i've tried to use TF and add the letter with their hex adresses in the translation window, but i can't change the first three columns and the check box.

The main problem with adding new symbols to the English ROM is that the symbol spacing is packed in tight with other data.  Adding any new symbols requires either overwriting the following data, or moving the spacing to some place else in the ROM.

On our giant todo list is unifying the symbol processing for the Japanese and English ROMs (symbol spacing in the former, more alphabets in the latter), but that's probably not going to happen real soon.

I'm not sure what the script entails, but I'd suggest checking to see if all of the current symbols are being used and/or are necessary.  E0-E6 and EA-ED would seem to be prime candidates for replacement in Alphabet 0.  I never understood why quotes were needed in dialogue anyway.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 12:25:28 pm »
Quotes are used in the item menu for:

Power Meal: Recovers from "?"
Power Tab: "Power" + 1
Magic Tab: "Magic" + 1
Speed Tab: "Speed" +1
Sonic Arrow: Random "Slow"
Siren: Random "Stop"
Plasma Gun: Random "Stop" on machines
Shock Wave: Random "Chaos"

etc etc...

Point is, they're used EVERYWHERE in the menu for describing the items or techs.

bloutz

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 02:12:27 pm »
Hi Geiger

Thanks for your answer. We have already changed the some symbole to put our accented letters. On the first pic you have the original font, on the right you have the one in which we have put our accented letters:

Where the hex codes are
F2=ç
F3=#
F4=è
F5=é
F6=ê
F7=à
F8=ù
F9=â
FA=î
FB=ë
FC=ï
FD=ô
FE=û

In fact, if we can make TF understand that for example F4 (which is not attributed in TF) is our "é" it will be ok. i've tried to add those symbols in TF  in the window where are the letters but i can't.
If you open Chrono Trigger PG with TF > Window > Translation > you'll see that there's no symbol between F3 and FF which are used.
So we've decided to add our letter from F2 trough FE but unfortunately we can't add them :(

(we have tried for ç = F2, so we have replaced with {infinity}  with ç and it works fine)
If you can help us it would be great :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 02:30:36 pm by bloutz »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 06:19:29 pm »
The only thing I could think of was where you want the symbol to be, just put {infinity} there or something as a place holder.  Copy the string of text to "Chapter" names to get the hex data, copy and paste the hex data in translhextion to find it, and then change the {infinity} or whatever placeholder you have to the value you're going to use.  It's very time consuming but it works.  Plus, you have to update the VWF routine for them.  You'll probably have to move that, I'm not sure.

Teh Mick

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The KDE developer
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 12:03:25 am »
You could use the font from the Chrono Trigger French Translation by Terminus Traduction too.

Why reinvent the wheel ;)

http://terminus.romhack.net/index.php?page=jv&projet=chrono

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 12:10:58 am »
The Terminus traduction font uses some of those slots, so it's not much help.

By the way, what naming conventions are you using?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 09:38:03 am »
Quotes are used in the item menu

I know where they are used, just don't think they're necessary.  Is there really a difference between 'Random "Chaos"' and 'Random Chaos'?

We have already changed the some symbole to put our accented letters.  If we can make TF understand that for example F4 (which is not attributed in TF) is our "é" it will be ok. i've tried to add those symbols in TF  in the window where are the letters but i can't.

The way Flux is currently programmed will not allow for additional letters.  The reason it was programmed this way is that symbols greater than F3 are not fully functional in the original ROM.  JLukas did all of the research on this topic, so I don't know much on the details, but at the very least the symbols have no spacing value (the rightmost column in the Translation window).

As I mentioned, we have plans to unify the font code from the two ROMs, which would serve to alleviate this problem.  But its a long ways off.  Even just adding the capability to do more letters and ignore all the safety issues would take more than the couple of weeks you have left in the project.

bloutz

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 01:04:46 pm »
Even if it's not possible to change TF, thanks for your help! We learn so many things! Thank you :)

bloutz

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 07:27:55 pm »
Sorry (it's me again..  :?)

Have you an idea of how we could change the screen "THE END" in "FIN", we have been looking for in tile molester but with no success.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 07:33:18 pm »
It's compressed graphics.

1400C9 - THE END Graphic (Object) - Open up your rom in Temporal Flux.  Click file, then compression.  Type in that value.  Click a random rom that you are NOT using and click decompress.  Open it up in Tile Molester and edit it to FIN.  Make a back-up of your rom and do the same thing except click recompress.  It then should be in the game as FIN.  Make sure it doesn't go highest decompressed value.

bloutz

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 09:08:50 am »
I've tried to do it with the 1400C9 adress but the progress bar is always at 0% with tile molester.  :(

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 11:16:41 am »
Woops!  13FEC9.  When you recompress it, make sure it DOES NOT go above 13FFD7

bloutz

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 03:46:43 pm »
Thanks a lot ;)

I'm wondering how you know those things !  :shock: (i mean the adress)

Geiger and people who have developped TF have done such magnificient work... It's uncredible...