Author Topic: CHRONO CROSS MODEL PROJECT THREAD  (Read 15218 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: CHRONO CROSS MODEL PROJECT THREAD
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2009, 02:39:14 pm »
The textures used in the actual doppelgang animation are apparently stored in the second row of VRAM, along with the other spell effects. Dario's need for two textures there is what screws up the magic circle under Sprigg when she's doppelganging I think.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2009, 02:51:50 pm »
That makes sense.
But before Sprigg does Doppelgang, the texture used must have not been in VRAM?
So the texutre will be uploaded in VRAM and replace Sprigg's original texture?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2009, 03:21:54 pm »
Hey, hey. Can we get a proper Dark Serge model in here now? And FATE? I've been waiting for this forever.

Awesome job so far. Seriously, history is being written right here.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:33:28 pm by Dark Serge »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2009, 03:42:30 pm »
There's still some horrible problems with Dark Serge's model. I imagine we'll figure it out eventually, but unfortunately it's still a longterm goal. For some reason the game screams bloody murder when Dark Serge is equipped with any weapon (though I'm not sure about fists, I think that might be possible actually, but it would look odd).

You're correct utunnels, the game actually overwrites other textures once Dario is doppelganged. In the pics I posted above, enemy Harle, Serge, and the Time Devourer were fine, then after the doppelgang finished, Dario's second texture overwrote them.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2009, 03:53:09 pm »
Your pictures are interesting, they shows that the eye-blinking animation is applied directly to the texture instead of changing UV values(see Doppelganged Dario's cape, there's an eye on it).

I'm just curious: actually Sprigg can change to a lot of monsters, so it is unlikely the textures and models are stored in memory. So there will be a in-game disc reading? Never thought a game loads gfx in battle.

HyperGeek

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
  • The "Hare Hare YuKid" guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2009, 04:18:39 pm »
Confirmed: Dark Serge works just fine if you give him gloves instead of a real weapon.  Fear the power of my imaginary scythe, you fiends!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2009, 04:20:41 pm »
Oh, sweet, you've even got his animations working correctly. Hmmm, Hyper, could you actually try giving him another weapon and see if he behaves properly? Maybe it was something about his animations not being applied before, though I'm not sure why that would cause the red screen of death.

HyperGeek

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2009, 04:34:46 pm »
The trick to the attack animations was figuring out where they are.  Now that we know that, getting them to work properly is really just moving a bit more data and fixing one more pointer.

Unfortunately, the proper animations being applied doesn't fix Dark Serge.  It's still red-screening when I try to give him his weapon.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2009, 04:35:36 pm »
Confirmed: Dark Serge works just fine if you give him gloves instead of a real weapon.  Fear the power of my imaginary scythe, you fiends!

Ahah, imaginary scythe. That's rich  :D

Anyway, love the progress. Maybe I'll be able to help later after I study some programming. For now, keep it up  :)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2009, 04:42:41 pm »
Thanks for checking it out Hyper. What I need to do next is identify which .OUT files go with which models. They just follow the same order as the models themselves, right? I can whip that up pretty quickly in that case.

HyperGeek

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2009, 04:49:44 pm »
I've only actually tested that for Serge, Dario, and Dark Serge, but I was able to predict where Dario and Dark Serge's files would be by doing some fast math based on the order of the models ( (Target's model file - Serge's model file) / 3 + 3760) so I would assume the pattern holds for pretty much everyone, including the dummies.  I can do some more checking on that to be double sure if you want.

EDIT: Ah, I'm gonna have to be away from my computer for a few hours, so I can do bit more checking to make sure the pattern holds, but it'll have to be later.  Sorry.

EDIT 2: Alright, sorry that took so long.  I did some more random testing and the correct .out was always where I predicted it would be.  I think it's safe to say that the attack drps (what I'm calling those files for the moment, given that at least part of the data in them seems to be related to attacks and they all start with "drp," same as the first file of each element/tech) follow the same order as the models.

Here's something weird, though.  You know how some of the model files are just "It's CD Make Dummy!"?  The attack files that correspond to those aren't dummies themselves.  I can't figure out what that means.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 04:12:41 pm by HyperGeek »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2009, 04:59:10 am »
Hey, the attachments are gone. Anyone still have the ripped models we had of the Black Dragon, White Dragon, and Salamander Summon?

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2009, 06:26:25 am »
Hey, the attachments are gone. Anyone still have the ripped models we had of the Black Dragon, White Dragon, and Salamander Summon?
Not sure how well organized it is, but Zeality backed up some of the attachments here
http://chronofan.com/Black/Other/Attachments/Kajar%20Laboratories.7z

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2009, 08:20:46 am »
A lot of interesting stuff, and I found some good models, but I'm still missing the sky and black dragon, and really need em'. Does someone still have them?

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2009, 09:05:25 am »
Here you go.