Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 52833 times)

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #435 on: August 07, 2021, 11:04:25 pm »
Whoo!! I 100% completed Suikoden III (PS2) last night! Got all 108 Stars of Destiny. The game makes much more sense when you collect everyone and it's more rewarding.

Next, I'll probably tackle Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King or Growlanser Generations (I'm such a bad Working Designs fan).

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 08, 2021, 12:04:16 am »
Never thought I'd actually reach the end of the current storyline in Another Eden. I'm already aware the end of the Goddess of Time storyline is near, but actually reaching the current endpoint before the next storyline update... well, was feeling I might've cut it close. For a moment I got worried there was a timer on the boss battle of Chapter 74... until it became weak to Slash after its HP stopper. Since I mostly use a Slash team...  :twisted: Also...

Paradoxical Dreamers... really subtle there Kato.  :lol:

Anyway, now that I don't feel as rushed, I can finally focus back on doing all the sub-quest content I've yet to finish. Mostly the reward lists for the various AD runs, but also... well, just about almost everything, heh. At least until Global gets the next storyline update.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 12:07:32 am by Acacia Sgt »

etbandung

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Kursus Bahasa Inggris Untuk Karyawan
« Reply #437 on: September 27, 2021, 04:41:53 am »
i prefer open world like GTA or Need For Speed where we could have talk with the homies

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #438 on: September 27, 2021, 05:27:26 am »
I think I mentioned playing Control back when it came out on Game Pass, but recently got the Ultimate Edition for the Alan Wake content DLC. I really enjoy the boss fights or more precisely I like that the difficulty seems mostly self-imposed in that any time I've felt any frustration all I've had to do is shift around some equipment bonuses...

Kind of looking forward to the Alan Wake Remaster. RIP Verizon in-game ads!

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 27, 2021, 09:31:17 am »
Pretty much gave up on Another Eden (I quit logging in a while back). Tired of having no way to advance, of not having the proper resources no matter how much grinding I do, of never rolling people I need, of never coming up with a good enough strategy for basically anything.

Played the new chapter of Deltarune (full of laughs though I'm just not quite used to that gameplay anymore). Since the Hearth & Home update finally dropped in Valheim, I've been back on that too.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 27, 2021, 04:47:29 pm »
I think I mentioned playing Control back when it came out on Game Pass, but recently got the Ultimate Edition for the Alan Wake content DLC. I really enjoy the boss fights or more precisely I like that the difficulty seems mostly self-imposed in that any time I've felt any frustration all I've had to do is shift around some equipment bonuses...

Kind of looking forward to the Alan Wake Remaster. RIP Verizon in-game ads!

I actually played through Alan Wake and American Nightmare earlier this year for the very first time. I needed a break before playing Quantum Break and Control, though I plan to play through the entire Remedy backlog in prep of their shared universe efforts... Which I love the idea of.

Pretty much gave up on Another Eden (I quit logging in a while back). Tired of having no way to advance, of not having the proper resources no matter how much grinding I do, of never rolling people I need, of never coming up with a good enough strategy for basically anything.

Similar experience here. I haven't played since the Time Mine episode, although I still log in daily to collect those sweet, sweet gems. My intent is to come back to it eventually, although who knows. I hear that the developer, WFS, is about to release a Mana gacha, which means that Another Eden might be nearing end-of-life.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 27, 2021, 06:48:32 pm »
It's a shame to read that. Meanwhile I'm still having a blast. Sure, the RNG of the gacha pulls could be better, but many of the hurdles I've faced were still beat with what the game hands you for free. Well, almost all the stuff I've used.

I hear that the developer, WFS, is about to release a Mana gacha, which means that Another Eden might be nearing end-of-life.

Considering they have stated there will be a Part 3 to the main storyline, I doubt it. It's not like the entire AE development team will shift to the Mana one.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 25, 2021, 10:06:08 pm »
Hey, guys it's been awhile since I posted! Since I posted last I've managed to beat Growlanser II: The Sense of Justice (PS2) and Tales of Destiny II (PS1). Both were really good games.

Right now I'm playing Grandia II for the PS2 and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Cheers!!

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #443 on: October 27, 2021, 06:01:28 pm »
Been playing some action games myself lately. Went through Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal, got the platinum. That game has way too good a plot for a strip combat series.

Then played Attack on Titan (PS4) and beat the game.

Just started on Neptunia x Senran Kagura NINJA WARS. It's Neptunia levels of silly.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 28, 2021, 01:55:07 am »
Started playing SRW 30, which got released today.

Oh man... OH MAN. As a big fan of SRW, it's just so awesome that a mainline game was actually officially sold worldline. Played the first scenarios of the Earth route before calling it a day. It was great. I absolutely loved that they brought back to using the anime clips when introducing certain mechas (the series used to do it, before switching to CGI movies, then just dropping it altogether). All the callbacks to previous games, the roster, the animations, the character interactions, I was having the time of my life!

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 10, 2021, 11:38:22 pm »
Done w/ Grandia II for PS2. Loved everything about it.

Stupefied as to what to play next. Maybe Xenosaga 2 or Shadow Hearts 3?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 11, 2021, 03:42:15 pm »
Done w/ Grandia II for PS2. Loved everything about it.

I played Grandia II not long after it came out, and it was one of the first jRPGs I was able to finish from end-to-end. One of the things I remember most is that all the spells of that one character being body-part specific, and even then I was mildly amused by it.

Overall, I remember it being a great game. I definitely need to pick up the remaster at some point soon and revisit the game.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 11, 2021, 11:48:06 pm »
^ Millenia's spells were great. I liked how it'd cut to an anime cutscene right in the middle of battle, I thought that was pretty tight. Yes! I played it right when it first came out too for the Dreamcast and beat it, but this one is the PS2 version. The one for DC was a burned copy my friend gave me and I always felt a little guilty owning that. 😛

I really want to get Grandia III now. I know I've played it before cause I remember the mother & son but I dunno what happened to it.

I popped in Vagrant Story. It's one of the handful of RPGs I need to beat to finish off my PS1 collection for my backlog journey, and it's going pretty great so far.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 06, 2021, 03:04:23 am »
In preparations to the eventual collaboration, I've decided to tie up some loose ends on the stuff in Another Eden I've yet to do. Currently doing: fighting the superbosses of Present Garulea. Pft, I have so much stuff that was released after Goddess of Time Volume 1, I'm pretty much just obliterating these guys. :lol:

Well, one of them is still a bit out of my reach, due to requiring a Water Magic team, which I don't quite have enough characters for. But the rest are just falling with little to no problem.

Don't remember if I've stated this, but I'm also playing through Fallout 3. Funny, I got this game years ago, yet only now I'm finally finishing it (started a new playthrough a month or two ago). Main story done, going through the DLC, which I'm already halfway done with it too. I reckon I could finish before the year ends, if I dedicate myself to it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 03:06:25 am by Acacia Sgt »

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 03, 2022, 08:33:40 am »
^ I remember I enjoyed Fallout 3 for PS3 when I first played it.

Hey, guys! It's been awhile since I last posted. I took a break after the new year but I'm back in my gaming routine again. Now I'm playing Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. (PS2) It's going swimmingly.

I'm also playing Suikoden V (PS2) on the side.

I never got to beat Vagrant Story cause we had a blackout and the save file corrupted but that was on PS2 I'll try it again on PS3.

Cheers!