Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 52825 times)

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #420 on: June 08, 2021, 05:05:37 pm »
Playing Digimon Adventure for the PSP right now. Interesting to see some of the original names of Digimon. A few sound better that way.

New Neptunia game bought. Waiting for PS5 jokes.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 08, 2021, 06:13:42 pm »
At last, I finally reached the end of the first arc of the story, beating Chronos Menas.

I'd say, it moved me. It's a good story. But man, that was Chapter 25 of like over 70 the game is at now? I know some details already of what is to come next, but I have yet to largely look it up. Will be fun to see what lies in store next... after I do some more side content first, haha.

... ha ha... still far from getting Levia...

---

Once again I'm withholding continuing the main story, not starting Ogre Wars yet. Instead I began doing some of the newly unlocked content. Like the Theatre (sadly don't have all teh characters for the perfect performances), the Sword and Wings Mythos (made it to the Winged Ones village, aka finished up to Chapter 3 so far), and... the cat stuff.

Oh my God, the cat stuff... this is great.  :lol:

Also, I don't know when this happened, but Lucca Ashtear finally has a character portrait:

That's neat.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 01:03:37 am by Acacia Sgt »

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 16, 2021, 08:06:49 am »
Hey, everyone!! I beat Tales of Destiny (PS) earlier today, thought it was kinda meh I just mashed through pretty much all of it. Decided to stick to PS1 titles, so I might check out Persona 2: Eternal Punishment next!

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 27, 2021, 08:13:08 pm »
Hey, guys! I beat Suikoden IV. (PS2) Another RPG down, during my quest to finish my backlog. Ever since I got a Backloggery, I have come to find out that other gamers like to 100% complete their RPGs, too so I might try speedrunning Suikoden I next. I've always wanted to run through the Suikoden series and do everything.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 27, 2021, 10:58:05 pm »
Hey, guys! I beat Suikoden IV.

Nice! I'm impressed you did that in only 10 days or so, haha! Seems like a completionist run takes ~45 hours or so.

Suikoden 1 here VidKid comes!

I recently beat Oceanhorn 2... Been playing a lot of low-budget indie games on the Nintendo Switch. It's a sort of Legend of Zelda knockoff, but I have really enjoyed both of the games a lot.

I picked up Decay of Logos the other day on sale and have been playing it -- it's a Souls-like game, which I tend to not like. I don't enjoy difficult games all that much, although the Souls games definitely have EXCELLENT world building (which requires a lot of exploration and interpretation to piece together) and level design. I generally play them on the PC with an infinite life cheat (ha) but this game is on Switch, so I am just going with it.

I've had to put the game down out of frustration several times, but I am definitely enjoying the exploration elements of the game.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2021, 12:12:26 am »
Alright, been going through Ogre Wars Part 1 in AE. I'm off to fight the Dragon God, hehe. I also did the first chapters of the Mythos. Finished Chapter 4 and... I'm not gonna get that Luring Shadow drop in time, considering the opportunity window ends in two days. Oh well...

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2021, 07:43:55 pm »
Haha. :) I went into Suikoden IV blind so I didn't get everything, not even close but I enjoyed the game for the most part compared to how a lot of others felt. I'm sure I'll go back to it soon and get all 108 Stars.

I finished my speedrun of Suikoden I and ended my time at 8:49. Suikoden II here I come! I figure I'll try to complete the series up to the third for now before I lose my save transfer.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 09, 2021, 12:40:24 am »
Well, been doing more progress in AE. By this I'm done with Ogre Wars as a whole, did Azure Rebel, and I'm just about done with IDA Part 3.

But man... this last one...  :cry:

The bosses were such a pain. The fight against Mother Brain was quite brutal. Took me several tries. I was quite stubborn in wanting to deal with it now, but I managed. Thankfully, I had a zone setter in order to weaken her attacks. Combined with the episode's own free character having a skill that further diminishes the Intelligence stat, plus a Regen skill, I managed to live long enough to whittle down her HP. The invincibility unless beating one of the accompanying bits that regenerate in two turns was... also a pain. Despite having an almost full party already at level 80 or almost there and with Lv60 equipment. Thankfully most were Slash users and the Zone Setter was also Slash. So it helped me to at least fill up the Another Force gauge. Then wiped both bits to unleash her frenzy attack pattern but remove the HP stoppers, and then just AF to victory.

But well, that's that. I need to farm Treatises soon enough, as it is. Not enough Five-star characters... Also do the Chance Encounters to unlock some of those boards. And unlock Garulea. But well, that's all for some other day, haha.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 12:41:56 am by Acacia Sgt »

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 09, 2021, 10:00:03 am »
Well, been doing more progress in AE. By this I'm done with Ogre Wars as a whole, did Azure Rebel, and I'm just about done with IDA Part 3.

But man... this last one...  :cry:

The bosses were such a pain. The fight against Mother Brain was quite brutal. Took me several tries. I was quite stubborn in wanting to deal with it now, but I managed. Thankfully, I had a zone setter in order to weaken her attacks. Combined with the episode's own free character having a skill that further diminishes the Intelligence stat, plus a Regen skill, I managed to live long enough to whittle down her HP. The invincibility unless beating one of the accompanying bits that regenerate in two turns was... also a pain. Despite having an almost full party already at level 80 or almost there and with Lv60 equipment. Thankfully most were Slash users and the Zone Setter was also Slash. So it helped me to at least fill up the Another Force gauge. Then wiped both bits to unleash her frenzy attack pattern but remove the HP stoppers, and then just AF to victory.

But well, that's that. I need to farm Treatises soon enough, as it is. Not enough Five-star characters... Also do the Chance Encounters to unlock some of those boards. And unlock Garulea. But well, that's all for some other day, haha.

I feel that, except for me it's the 2nd part of the Garulea story, and not being able to pass the boss in the 5th or 6th part of Mythos. Just frustrating. Went back to the fishing game, but at level 27, it's just incredibly boring. :?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 09, 2021, 03:41:59 pm »
I suppose sooner or later my usual strategy was going to start falling behind. My usual team is Shion, Joker, Anabel, and Claude. Using the reserve spots for grinding. It carried me for long enough, but this is certainly the sign that I need to branch out. Not just against Mother. The boss of Joker's path in VH-Mementos was the first I had to actually do things different. Putting Dierdre and Mariel (who is sadly still a four-star) on the reserves and switch them in and out when needed. Same for Mythos Ch6, and now both it and with Mother I had to actually rely on Zone Setting. From my understanding once I unlock Garulea it'll be now grinding for Grasta, but perhaps I can now make things easier for myself then, heh.

Ah, fishing. My rod is still Lv15. So I'm still far from getting Levia. But we're gonna get an update that makes fishing less of a grind soon enough, so here's to hoping it does help, haha. In the meantime I'll gonna actually train up a Zone Setter. It's a good thing Cress is free for a Slash ZS. I have enough Slash users for this to be viable, heh.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 03:59:03 pm by Acacia Sgt »

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 18, 2021, 03:23:05 am »
I got all 108 Stars of Destiny and the best ending for Suikoden II (PS) earlier today, lol. I was planning on going through the entire Suikoden series, which means Suikoden III next but I'm all Suikoden-ed out. I figure now's the best time to go through it with my save transfer, in case I lose it (again). I know I should be concentrating on RPGs I haven't beaten at all but I really want to 100% complete some games that are just sitting around. I'm just happy/glad I seem to be on a good roll. ^_^

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2021, 11:16:44 am »
Congrats on Suikoden 2. Great game, recently watched a friend stream it and got hit with all the feels. Just a damn good storyline with great characters.

I know I should be concentrating on RPGs I haven't beaten at all but I really want to 100% complete some games that are just sitting around.

Damn, that hits hard. I just finished a replay of Xenosaga 3, despite the Xenoblades asking me why I haven't finished/played them yet.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 18, 2021, 08:51:03 pm »
Welp, my lack of enough fully trained 5-stars is really starting to become a liability in Another Eden. I just finished Goddess of Time Part 1, and it's clear I can barely get through a dungeon without having to at least go back to a town once to restock on food. Well, I'm getting there to do at least a full main party switch to avoid having to use food or go back, sort of. I don't think I want to tackle the Present Garulea AD, so in the meantime I'm continuing Mythos. Just finished Chapter 7. Too late to get that Shadow Drop, and I doubt I'll get the one offered for starting Chapter 10. But well, I'm getting there to do all story-related stuff released so far, until my time in the game is dedicated to the grinding parts, heh.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 18, 2021, 10:19:13 pm »
Congrats on Suikoden 2. Great game, recently watched a friend stream it and got hit with all the feels. Just a damn good storyline with great characters.

I know I should be concentrating on RPGs I haven't beaten at all but I really want to 100% complete some games that are just sitting around.

Damn, that hits hard. I just finished a replay of Xenosaga 3, despite the Xenoblades asking me why I haven't finished/played them yet.

Suikoden II is always a banger for me. I was rushing through it this time because I wanted to get to other games, but whenever I have the time to go through it all relaxed it definitely hits all the right buttons for me. Sometimes I wonder why the game itself is so rare and at a high price but whenever I play it it makes sense why that is. It's probably one of my favorite RPGs on the PS1. (I have a ton of favorites though for that system.) Usually I don't like very political/strategic warfare type storylines but Suikoden II does it well. I just love the message it delivers about friendship and family being important.

Lol. If I'm being honest here's what happens. So ever since I got a Backloggery I marked off all the games I've beaten before right? For some RPGs I truly can't remember since it's been so long. I know I should focus on games I haven't beaten at all but I love 100% completing games and then checking it off. To be honest, I just can't remember anymore if I beat the game when I was a teenager so I play it again now, hehe. ^_^

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 23, 2021, 01:48:13 am »
Well, I made it to the final boss of the Mythos. First part is easy, second part... not so much. I don't think I can prepare a team suitable enough with what I currently have. Not without some serious investment... and a more generous RNG during Gacha pulls. Oh well, I guess I'm not getting that other Luring Shadow Drop either. I doubt for even in two months to get it... maybe.

Guess it's back to GoT Part II then...