Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 52854 times)

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #360 on: March 19, 2021, 08:42:53 pm »
I actually like Xenogears a lot. In middle school my friends and I would rush to a friend's house afterschool and we'd watch the intro and play a little bit of the beginning over and over lol. I dunno why we'd always do that... haha. I actually prefer when the characters fight outside of their gears though I was never really that into fighting inside of giant mechas all that much.

Ya, I constantly hear that the second disc was when they lost much of their budget and had to rush the game and that's why it's mostly pure storyline and lots of reading? Kinda sucks, I woulda loved to see what the full-blown game would have been like. 🙂

Lol, I'm still kind of mortified about that happening to me. He gave me Dirge of Cerberus for PS2 and a Final Fantasy IX artbook he got from a trip to China to make up for what he had done, but after thinking about it I still wasn't satisfied/I pretty much wanted the game + strategy guide replaced, so I just stopped the friendship and stopped hanging out with that group of friends. That wasn't the only reason to cut off all ties, but I feel much better now after doing it.

I still remember most of what you have to do like aren't most of the missable stuff in the beginning in Lahan? Like all the badges and Midori's Ring?

Nice! I def. have to check out the Xenoblade series then. I kinda fell off the wagon around Xenosaga Episode II cause I hated what they did with cute little MOMO and for some reason they changed the battle system around and I couldn't figure it out ha!

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #361 on: March 24, 2021, 06:31:03 pm »
I got distracted from Xenosaga in ...late episode 2? I plan to get back to it eventually. I mostly complained about Shion's design change, but Momo's was more drastic.

I'm going through Neptunia Virtual Stars at the moment. I'll probably beat it today, then continue for the Platinum soon-ish.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 03, 2021, 06:57:21 pm »
Same. I have Xenosaga Episode II and I didn't play more than 5 mins. of it cause they changed the battle system around and I couldn't understand it. And I, too, hated what they did with MOMO's character design and they changed her weapon too! She went from a super cute magical rod-user to like an archer. Meh!!!!

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #363 on: April 04, 2021, 01:04:01 pm »
I've moved on to Blue Reflection. It's Persona with Magical lesbians Girls.

It doesn't have the very specific time frame of Persona, so it'll be easy to platinum.

Also it's getting an anime and sequel game, which is cool.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 05, 2021, 01:24:52 am »
Same. I have Xenosaga Episode II and I didn't play more than 5 mins. of it cause they changed the battle system around and I couldn't understand it.

I keep hoping for a remaster that combines all three games into one cartridge. I beat the first one and never played the second two. I keep saying I'll emulate them and just play on PC, but alas, it has yet to happen.

I've moved on to Blue Reflection. It's Persona with Magical lesbians Girls.

This game looks super fun to me! I love the idea of these slice of life RPGs. But...

Like, on paper I think I'd love the Atelier series, but when it comes down to it, I struggle to get into them. I need a really engaging story to pull me in, and often-times they seem to be slower and more about character relationships and the sim-aspects than an intense story.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #365 on: April 05, 2021, 03:31:30 am »
I've been slowly working my way through the Atelier series. I played Mana Khemia ages ago, and recently went through the first two Arland games.

Blue Reflection has the nice feature of not requiring time management. You can max all your social links bonds in a single playthrough even if you choose all the worst options.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 06, 2021, 01:04:26 am »
So, thanks to now being on Steam, I finally picked up Another Eden to try to play for the long haul. Finally reached the End of T... I mean, the Spacetime Rift,  :lol:, and went over to unlock fishing. Since there's also a bunch of character side-quests that unlocked at this point (finishing Chapter 11), I think I'm gonna spent quite a while before continuing with the main story, heh.

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 06, 2021, 01:27:41 am »
Another Eden is fun when you're not stuck at areas without the proper people and equipment... sigh. I'm still in the first part of the Goddess of Time, and can't quite beat the boss in the latest chapter of the Clarte episode.

I don't mean to complain. I know I just need to learn how to not suck at this game. The episodes are great, but I still haven't unlocked Cyrus or Riica 5-star because I can't strategize for beans.

Anyway, in addition to AE, I'm also chugging along in Valheim (finally brave enough to venture into the plains and kill deathsquitos, but not strong enough to face fulings head on... still have to hit them with a bow), and decided to finally get the South Park games. Just finished a Canada segment and quest in The Stick of Truth.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 01:31:17 am by Toreadore »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 11, 2021, 04:38:46 pm »
An update to my AE run.

I've done with Chapter 13, having beaten the Beast King. The attack on Miglance Castle gave me Fall of Guardia vibes, heh, though this kingdom didn't fell. The Beastmen so far to me look like a mix between the Mystics and Dragonians. The whole "evolved with Prisma" certainly harken back to living/evolving with nature as the Dragonians did. And the big war with humanity is totally Mystic-inspired. Complete with main stronghold in a castle in an island across the human continent, heh.

And I went back to doing sidequests and stuff. I think I'll go over the Persona 5 collaboration campaign next...

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 11, 2021, 10:50:04 pm »
Oh yeah, so many Easter eggs and parallels to the Chrono series. (sorta spoiler?) Even Clarte reminds me of Magus for some reason... well, after Magus loses his memory at the end of CTDS, assuming he becomes nice but is still mysterious and distant.

I just got AS Ewan and finished his quest and. oh. my. wow. yes. :wink:

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #370 on: April 12, 2021, 05:18:11 pm »
I essentially came back right now to complain about FFXII. For starters, I only just started it sometime last year and last I recall not-Setzer & Bunny Girl just officially joined my party, so I'm not through much. I really wanted to give it a chance even though I largely dislike arpgs, I heard there was a way to essentially make it turn-based...but gods I didn't realize how drastic the change would be to relatively benign aspects of the game. Most glaring is dungeon design. I have similar reservations with DQXI, which while still classic turn-based battles occur all enemy spawn locations are on the field. I've never understood gamers' fascination with this concept. It turns every map from a cool D&D campaign design to every shitty open world MMO map you've ever seen...I also tried XV...🤮🤮🤮

I'll eventually go back (to XII, not XV! lol), but for now I've got the HD remasters of VII~X-2 and I am absolutely *SWOONING* over Octopath Traveler! Eff VIIR, this is how V & VI's remakes (how dare they skip!) should look! 😅

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 13, 2021, 12:34:06 am »
I essentially came back right now to complain about ...

I think you came to gloat about how you blatantly ignore messages regarding admin support over on Discord. You ignore messages on the Compendium, on Xbox Live, and on Discord.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #372 on: April 13, 2021, 04:20:35 am »
Eff VIIR

I thought this was about Neptunia at first, and I was worried.

Currently occupying myself with Gal*Gun: Double Peace because I am a pervy girl that likes pervy girls.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #373 on: April 13, 2021, 04:48:39 am »
I essentially came back right now to complain about ...

I think you came to gloat about how you blatantly ignore messages regarding admin support over on Discord. You ignore messages on the Compendium, on Xbox Live, and on Discord.

I haven't had a computer with Discord access since I moved 3 years ago or so. Haven't been on it since, sorry for not replying. Just seemed pointless to say, "Oh...idk?". 🤷‍♂️

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 13, 2021, 09:37:31 am »
I haven't had a computer with Discord access since I moved 3 years ago or so. Haven't been on it since, sorry for not replying. Just seemed pointless to say, "Oh...idk?"

Yeah, yeah... :P

Can you make Zeality and I admin on the Chrono Compendium server on Discord?

Currently occupying myself with Gal*Gun: Double Peace because I am a pervy girl that likes pervy girls.

I am playing a gacha game called Exos Heroes, which is surprisingly good and the devs are very generous with free pulling currency. I am F2P and have every hero, although not every heroes alternate version from parallel timelines.

Anyway, they are doing a collaboration with Is it Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon 3 and I admit, I find myself wanting to play a harem game like the pig I am. Pervy girls for pervy boys, I guess?

Also, finally beat Alan Wake on nightmare mode and finished it with 100% (a rarity for me), and have moved on to Alan Wake's American Nightmare. Surprisingly better than the first Alan Wake game, and I'm now 100% ready for the Remedy shared universe. Gonna have to play Control next.