Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 52819 times)

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #285 on: October 29, 2020, 08:24:52 pm »
Vanguard Bandits is great! All of the games Working Designs did are excellent! I still haven't completed all the branches, either.

.hack//Infection I played and is very good but it kinda almost gives me a seizure sometimes. I really want to get more games in the series.

So I finished The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) and now I'm playing Breath of Fire for Super NES. This game makes me feel really nostalgic and homesick particularily.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2020, 02:48:45 pm »
I finished .hack//Infection, then .hack//Mutation, and recently started .hack//Outbreak. I might actually finish the games this time!

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 21, 2020, 04:55:48 am »
I actually beat Breath of Fire for, I think, the very first time last night. I debated what to start today and I went ahead and popped-in Breath of Fire II since I've been aching to play that one. Both of them for SNES, btw!

Edit: I beat Breath of Fire II!

I'm taking a break from my backlog and going to start a re-play of a game I always enjoy, LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete (PSX), does anyone else here really like that RPG? It's my absolute favorite and I always play it come Christmas-time.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 09:33:38 pm by VidKid369 »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 16, 2020, 12:48:45 pm »
Finally putting Skyrim to rest after a 600-hour modded playthrough. At least for a while. I still need to complete the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild factions, and there were several mod questlines I didn't complete (Inigo, Vigilant, and Project AHO), but I'm feeling ready to move on, at least for now.

I did pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 and intend on playing it, but like any new release I like to wait a month or two for all the major bugs to get squashed.

Since I've been reading the Witcher books (and loving them), I'm playing a modded playthrough of the first Witcher game, and will probably play through the series. I have such a softspot for early/mid-2000s dark PC RPGs. I love them but often struggle to complete them (although I have played the Witcher before and finished it).

I'm also playing Resident Evil Revalations for the first time on the Switch. It's been better than I expected, although the Episode-format has been an interesting twist for the series. It's much more action-oriented, and the twist half-way through the game was actually really cool (spoiler: two of your characters are trapped on an infected cruise-liner-turned-terrorist-base-turned-viral-outbreak, and two of their allies are sent to retrieve them. You follow both sets of heroes, and it turns out they're on two identical sister-ships, not the same ship).

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #289 on: December 18, 2020, 04:38:32 am »
I finally finished off .hack//IMOQ. It wasn't spectacular, but it was nice to finally finish it.

I'm continuing my Kingdom Hearts run, most recently with Birth By Sleep. Aqua is a woman who gets to do stuff, which is unusual for Kingdom Hearts. Master Spock and Master Skywalker provide excellent voice acting.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 18, 2020, 10:52:06 am »
Aqua is a woman who gets to do stuff, which is unusual for Kingdom Hearts.

Poor Kairi. But yeah, KH tends to be a boy's club. I've played every Kingdom Hearts game except for KHIII, and this is too true. Even Namie didn't get into the action all that much (unless you consider drawing and memory manipulation action).

Master Spock and Master Skywalker provide excellent voice acting.

Lol.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #291 on: December 18, 2020, 02:30:25 pm »
I've been going through the PS4 collection. I got stuck partway through Re:Chain of Memories, and bored during 358/2 Days (watched the movie instead).

The first game introduced the Seven Damsels in Distress, and the games haven't improved much in that area since.

Most of the important women are non-combatants, or stuck to one world.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 09, 2021, 11:25:40 pm »
I 100% completed LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete (PS) got all 13 Bromides and saw all four scenes at Althena's Springs. It sure felt good!

Now I want to 100% do everything possible for Final Fantasy VI. (Anthology, PS) I'm gonna try to get all the Rages/Lores and see all the scenes with Shadow and such, and do every side quest, teach everyone all the magic, etc.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 11, 2021, 10:34:50 am »
I 100% completed LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete (PS) got all 13 Bromides and saw all four scenes at Althena's Springs. It sure felt good!

Good ol' SSSC -- the pinnacle of the LUNAR series and one of the best games of its generation. I keep hoping for a LUNAR 3, but alas...

I'm still (slowly) playing through Final Fantasy X HD on my Switch, and on the PC I'm alternating between a modded playthrough of the first Witcher game and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #294 on: January 11, 2021, 04:06:25 pm »
I finished Birth By Sleep. Aqua was the best character (obviously).

Currently playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. I like being able to flirt with the girls, and make my Digimon Digivolve.

I went through Horizon Zero Dawn not too long ago. Fun game. How far are you?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 11, 2021, 04:14:55 pm »
I went through Horizon Zero Dawn not too long ago. Fun game. How far are you?

Not too far. Still in the Nora lands, although I just found the war party that went missing and I am about to tackle the (what I assume is one of multiple) Cauldrons. I also just took back the first bandit camp and gave it to some Outcasts.

I have yet to make it to the Carja/desert lands, although I'm on my way.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #296 on: January 11, 2021, 07:28:14 pm »
Ah, yes, the Cauldron quest. That will be interesting.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 12, 2021, 07:10:06 am »
Good ol' SSSC -- the pinnacle of the LUNAR series and one of the best games of its generation. I keep hoping for a LUNAR 3, but alas...
Ah, SSSC is one of my favorite RPGs, ever!!! I need to get my Sega CD fixed so I can play the originals, but I've always had a soft spot for the PlayStation version. I took my time this time, and I logged in at 103:20. I managed to do everything perfect, I think... It just felt really good to take my time and really let everything sink in for once. Always a great experience, whenever I play it.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 12, 2021, 09:27:01 am »
Ah, SSSC is one of my favorite RPGs, ever!!! I need to get my Sega CD fixed so I can play the originals, but I've always had a soft spot for the PlayStation version. I took my time this time, and I logged in at 103:20. I managed to do everything perfect, I think... It just felt really good to take my time and really let everything sink in for once. Always a great experience, whenever I play it.

I don't think I ever got every single bromide. Every time I tend to mess something up, haha...

Have you played either the original or Complete version of Eternal Blue?

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 12, 2021, 03:55:41 pm »
If you ever need any help collecting all of the bromides, I can help you with that anytime!

Yes, I have both the Sega CD and PlayStation version of Eternal Blue. I think both are fantastic. Unfortunately, my Sega CD isn't working right now otherwise I'd be playing it but I think the original is great! Eternal Blue Complete is really good, too! I usually play a LUNAR game every year for Christmas so I might be playing Eternal Blue Complete later on at the end of this year... If I get my Sega CD fixed, I might play the original. Either version is good to play. :)