Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 52839 times)

Sheiken

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2020, 07:27:18 am »
Currently my main focus is Paper Mario Origami King, Animal Crossing New Horizons, and I am 10 hours into Last of Us 2.  Animal Crossing gets most of my time while I chip away at Paper Mario over the weekend.  Last of Us 2 I will beat eventually, but I find it hard to motivate myself to play it right now.  The gameplay is solid, but the plot leaves much to be desired so far.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2020, 02:46:54 pm »
Just finished FF7R, and the first Professor Layton game.

Currently playing Flowers (3): Autumn, with breaks for Knack II.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 13, 2020, 05:30:52 pm »
How was FF7R? I am crossing my fingers it comes to PC so I can play it (I don't have a PS4).

I am currently playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, as that seems to be a go-to when I want to stop and go play. Save anywhere, lots of quests, open world... there's a lot to love with this game, even after nearly a decade. Plus I have it modded to the max (like 800 mods total) and it looks fabulous. Only took 100s of hours to set up over the course of like six months, haha...

I'm also playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius: War of the Lions on my cell phone. It's a Final Fantasy Tactics knockoff free-to-play gatcha, but I am enjoying it. I'm not sinking tons of time into it (which it requires), but enough to enjoy the story and not get too caught up in everything else.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #273 on: August 13, 2020, 06:03:40 pm »
FF7R felt like an expanded Midgar except when they went into nonsense of who knows what, then got back on track. At the moment, I'd recommend it if you liked the original FF7.

I'm also glad for the sudden influx of AriTifa fanart it inspired.

They made a FFT version of FFBE? Neat. Also probably awful, because gacha.

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 14, 2020, 10:28:23 am »
The Professor Layton series is great. IMO it can get a bit drunk on its own puzzle theme at times, but overall, plenty enjoyable if you're a fan of puzzles and mysteries. Definitely pulls you in a bit more with each game.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 14, 2020, 12:18:06 pm »
FF7R felt like an expanded Midgar except when they went into nonsense of who knows what, then got back on track. At the moment, I'd recommend it if you liked the original FF7.

I did like it! If it comes to PC I will play it ASAP. Or if I end up getting a PS5. I generally play like 70% PC, 25% Nintendo Switch, and 5% PS3/Nintendo Wii U. I am behind a generation when it comes to consoles. :/

They made a FFT version of FFBE? Neat. Also probably awful, because gacha.

Yeah, the gatcha element ruins the experience overall. As it does with anything it touches. I hate gatcha as a general rule; the only exception that has done it okay has been Another Eden.

The story is decent enough. It is actually a prequel to FFBE (which I never played), although I'm not sure how the two are connected. The gameplay is excellent - a smaller field but similar to your normal tactics game. Characters have three predefined jobs, so there's no job switching outside of those three, unfortunately.

The negatives are primarily the gatcha elements to acquire new characters, as well as how grindy it is to level up said characters. It often takes months of effort and grinding to get a character to level 99, so even when you get a shiny new character to play with, it takes far too long to get them to max power (there are approximately 20 different types of grinding items needed to level up entirely, which is absurd). In fact, this is probably the most selfish gatcha I've ever played in this regard.

Unfortunately I remain playing because I am liking the story, as all over the place as it is.

The Professor Layton series is great. IMO it can get a bit drunk on its own puzzle theme at times, but overall, plenty enjoyable if you're a fan of puzzles and mysteries. Definitely pulls you in a bit more with each game.

This series has always looked super fun to me. I love the art style and the gameplay has always looked fun. In fact, I think a collection of games was recently ported to PC / Steam, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

EDIT: Never mind. It wasn't Professor Layon that was ported, it was Ace Attorney.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #276 on: August 14, 2020, 07:03:09 pm »
You might need a PS5 by the time the rest of FF7R comes out. No clue how many parts it will be at this point.

I do like FFT, so I might give the FFBE version a try.

I'm only one game into Professor Layton so far.

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 15, 2020, 05:30:10 am »
Oh wow, I'm definitely looking to get to play Final Fantasy VII: Remake but I'll have to wait until I get a PlayStation 4 for that one, I too am behind at least a console generation, when it comes to new RPGs lol. I've always wanted to re-play FFVII but I lost the first disc for my PSX-copy, lol I do have it downloaded on my PSP Go though. I kinda wanna play the original again before I play the remake though.

Also I've always wanted to play the Ace Attorney games! Everyone always tells me, "John, if you love RPGs you have to get a Nintendo DS," lol!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 15, 2020, 10:04:46 am »
I am currently playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, as that seems to be a go-to when I want to stop and go play. Save anywhere, lots of quests, open world... there's a lot to love with this game, even after nearly a decade. Plus I have it modded to the max (like 800 mods total) and it looks fabulous. Only took 100s of hours to set up over the course of like six months, haha...

What mods are your favorite, Boo? Once I get around to actually upgrading my computer, I plan on doing this too (though maybe not 800 mods, wow, that's a lot!). I remember my favorites were those that added to the story and places I could explore: Beyond Bruma, The Forgotten City, and Inigo.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 15, 2020, 11:02:20 am »
What mods are your favorite, Boo? Once I get around to actually upgrading my computer, I plan on doing this too (though maybe not 800 mods, wow, that's a lot!). I remember my favorites were those that added to the story and places I could explore: Beyond Bruma, The Forgotten City, and Inigo.

I am big on graphic overhauls, and I am using Cathedral Weathers for the first time. It's amazing and not only adds new weathers, but also adds various shaders and filters in them. ELFX is also a staple on my load order.

But yeah, I have all the major quests/lands included as well: Falskaar, Beyond Skyrim Bruma, Wyrmstooth, Legacy of the Dragonborn, The Forgotten City. M'rissi and Inigo are also included as companions with good quest lines. :)

I use Morrowloot Ultimate, OMEGA, Campfire, and Frostfall as well, although I generally leave Frostfall turned off -- it's too unforgiving for me on top of everything else.

I actually use a guide to install - Lexy's Legacy of the Dragonborn mod guide. It gives me a super stable base, and then I add a bunch of mods on top of it. I also merge like crazy. This most recently installation has approximately 800 active mods (some of which are .ESP-less graphic changes) and I have only had one crash so far.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #280 on: August 25, 2020, 08:15:31 am »
Trails in the Sky was BOSS. That said, I haven't been able to play anything recently -- still, my memories for the trilogy still remains fresh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb29Ks5HEe8
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 08:16:39 am by tushantin »

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #281 on: August 25, 2020, 01:29:57 pm »
When dealing with certain people, it's time for UL-TRA VI-OL-EN-CE!

VidKid369

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2020, 08:19:49 pm »
Hey, guys! I finished Claude's game for Star Ocean: The Second Story (PSX)!

I started up The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) I'm at 21:00 and I just finished the Forest Temple.

Toreadore

• Porrean (+50)
  • You have the reflexes of a drunk yak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2020, 09:47:06 am »
Been playing Vanguard Bandits/Epica Stella. you'd think that wouldn't be a surprise given my avatar, but I actually haven't played it in a good decade or so! I finally finished the ruin branch but haven't decided if I want to finish the variations of the other two branches so that I can fully unlock the bloopers.

I was also playing a little of Super Mario 64 since I kept seeing people go on about the music of Dire, Dire Docks. (The song's good, but I just hadn't had an urge to play SM64 in years)

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2020, 04:27:01 pm »
Multitasking through a bunch of games.

Genshin Impact: Paimon is wonderful. We need more Paimon.
Horizon: Zero Dawn: Genshin Impact with less Paimon, but an overall better game.
.hack//Infection: At the end of Part 1, hopefully moving on to part 2 today!
Hyrule Warriors Legends: No one is a match for the Legendary Hero, Linkle! At the end of the main storyline.
Maitetsu: Because train girls. Why not? Also because they have an anime this season.