Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 52835 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2009, 02:02:54 pm »
Shadow, you should probably spoiler all of that, that gives away pretty much all of AJ.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2009, 02:03:45 pm »
Meh, if I ever care enough, I'll do it then. Right now, I kinda don't.

Besides, as I have said in the past, the actual experience is the best part. Whether you knew about it in advance is irrelevant.

And even then, what if some of those spoilers were lies? Go play it and see for yourself.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 02:05:46 pm by Shadow D. Darkman »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2009, 02:06:17 pm »
I knew not to read since he's fairly spoiler-tag-phobic or w/e...It was kind of obvious the direction his post was going...Though maybe you should for other people, Shadow...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2009, 02:08:22 pm »
*sigh* As you wish.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2009, 02:09:05 pm »
Meh, if I ever care enough, I'll do it then. Right now, I kinda don't.
What a Dick...

Persona 4 Still and I am loving this game more and more. Its pretty much an Ace Attorney/ Harvest moon/FF hybrid. The plot turns out to be a little predicable and the dungeon crawling a bit repetitious. I am looking forward to playing Persona 3 after this one.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2009, 02:23:15 pm »
I always want to get into the Megami Tensei series and whenever I read the description of the first couple games it sounds pretty interesting...but then I look at a few of the 8-bit screenshots and shy away...Oh nos! I is graphics whore!?

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2009, 02:28:04 pm »
Halo 3: Kinda got bored of it for a while, but returned after playing on my friends low skill level account and dominating terribles.

Final Fantasy IX: I love this game. It's my first time playing all the way through and it's so refreshing to have a main character that isn't a cry baby bitch emo kid. So far Steiner's annoyance is the only thing keeping it from being my favorite FF. Also I'm totally gay for Vivi. I love how it feels like the 16 bit FF games.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 02:29:44 pm by Jutty »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2009, 04:08:49 pm »
You've played all the way through? How in the world can you still be sane after the shit Dagger and Eiko put you through? "Oh, my mommy's crazy, so I'm not going to talk and screw up your battle." Vivi, yes. When you get later, Amarant can be a godsend. Chakra saved my soul. (restores a little HP and MP) As did Aura (unlike in FF8 which heightened your chance for a limit, Aura gives you Auto-Life).

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009, 08:55:09 pm »
Grandia: My god this game is so much fun. I forgot just how awesome it truly is. The "childishness" of the characters is grating and irritating at first, but the engrossing story and world really pulls you in. Despite the fact that the world map is a 2D point and click type reminiscent of FF Tactics, Grandia still provides a greater sense of adventure and exploration than any RPG I've ever played. That's how good it is.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2009, 10:28:07 pm »
You've played all the way through? How in the world can you still be sane after the shit Dagger and Eiko put you through? "Oh, my mommy's crazy, so I'm not going to talk and screw up your battle."

All I can say is the voice thing, combined with the general annoyance of the Desert Palace, is the most frustrating thing in the game. Jutty, leave Steiner or a high-leveled Freya in your Desert Palace party (the characters you don't take to Oeilvert) in Disc 3 or you might find it really, really annoying.

Grandia: My god this game is so much fun. I forgot just how awesome it truly is. The "childishness" of the characters is grating and irritating at first, but the engrossing story and world really pulls you in. Despite the fact that the world map is a 2D point and click type reminiscent of FF Tactics, Grandia still provides a greater sense of adventure and exploration than any RPG I've ever played. That's how good it is.

I've been meaning to try out Grandia, I loved the second one.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2009, 11:19:47 pm »
I've been meaning to try out Grandia, I loved the second one.

I should warn you that the game starts mind-numbingly slow. It is probably the slowest start of any RPG I've ever played actually. But don't let that make you give up the game early on when you play it, because it picks up rather quickly after that and stays that pace for the rest of the game.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2009, 05:46:46 pm »
I'm a little worried because I'm not as much of a gamer as I used to be.

I play Mari Kart Wii on a regular basis.

I should have beaten Mario Galaxy months ago, but I go in and out of it. I love the game, but I play for hours at a time, then forget about it for weeks. So technically I'm still playing that.

I still mess around with RPG Maker for the PSX. The epic I started right before college still isn't finished.

Chrono Trigger DS has made me want to play Chrono Cross again. I may fire that up soon.

Call of Duty World at War on PS3 is one of my current favs.

Any suggestions on DS or GBA games?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2009, 06:27:49 pm »
Any suggestions on DS or GBA games?

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for DS, and Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 for GBA.

I also recommend Super Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, both for Wii, if you have not already played them. Also play Primes 1 and 2 for GameCube.

Sintu

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2009, 09:38:53 pm »
I'm really too lazy to be fancy and put wiki links, but if you're interested enough you can always google it.

Tales of the Abyss:  I'm kinda late playing this I guess (it's a PS2 game), but I just got introduced to the "Tales of" series recently.  It started with me being impressed with the SNES version of Tales of Phantasia (Japan only release, fan-translations are available though).  After that, I decided to pick up Tales of Symphonia for the GC, which led to me getting Tales of the Abyss for my PS2.

I'm not very far into the game, so I can't really say too much.  The ability to freely roam around the battle area is nice, because I hated not being able to do that in Symphonia.  The story is just a little confusing with all this "fon" stuff, but I think I get the general idea so far.  I don't really have much to say about the characters considering I'm not very far and I know little about them.  Luke is annoying, but I think it's justifiable considering his situation.  Anise is just really annoying.  Jade kinda reminds me of Balthier, which is a good thing because he's one of my most favorite characters.  Not much to say about everyone else.  The only things that really bug me right now are the long load times and laggy world map.

P.S.  If you've never played the SNES version of Tales of Phantasia, you should at least check it out even if you've played other versions (there are PS1, GBA, and PSP remakes/ports).  It's a pretty damn impressive SNES game IMO.  The other versions are better of course, but it's interesting to see what they were able to do with the SNES version at least IMO.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2009, 09:48:00 pm »
Speaking of Tales of Phantasia, that's what I'm currently playing. I have recently defeated Jahmir and freed Prince Laird of Alvanista from Dhaos's control.

I'm playing the GBA port. And this time, I will finish it. Currently, I regret loosing my save file, but I don't mind playing it again from the start.