Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 52818 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 12:50:49 am »
The Brawl community springs to mind.

Some people actually go back to Melee because of one or two really obscure minor changes Brawl made.

And don't start on tiers... play as a character who isn't Marth, Fox, Falco or Wolf and you're the fucking scum of the earth!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 12:57:08 am »
Quote from: Mario in "Brawl Taunts 2"
Tiers are for queers.

I feel a bit uncomfortable with the homophobic reference (maybe b/c of my lesbian friend who is a good person).

Even so...

QFT.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 04:33:51 am »
What I was talking about is those crazy competitions that don't seem fun at all. That doesn't make sense.

Have you ever participated in a game competition? I've played in some tournaments, and they're fun to do some times. The biggest issue is that there's a lot of waiting around, but you're hanging out with friends and people who have at least one mutual interest, so it doesn't have to be boring.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 04:40:24 am »
I'm still not sure what brought up the topic...>_>

The way I see it, gaming competitions are usually just multi-players with people who are (or at the very least think they are) the best at w/e game or genre or gaming in general (depending on the tournament style, I guess)...I wouldn't mind joining one if I had a team of people I trusted for FPSs (which I don't)...Otherwise, I know I'd get my ass handed to me.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 04:50:26 am »
Also, for World of Warcraft I play on Moon Guard US server, my characters:

Rumika - 70 - human - paladin - retribution
Ryouko - 77 - undead - death knight - blood
Ayuko - 75 - night elf - druid - feral
Hinoki - 70 - blood elf - hunter - beast mastery
Schaala - 30 - draenei - shaman - enhancement
Azulie - 13 - troll - mage - fire
Silverna - 11 - tauren - warrior - fury

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 05:04:31 am »
This goes to show how little I care for MMO's, but doesn't WoW charge per character or are they not that lame about it? If they do, though & you just happen to be rich...can we be best friends? :lol:

My avy is making me miss MvC2...I might have to go plug in my DC...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:07:38 am by V_Translanka »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 05:21:22 am »
It's a simple $15/month per account, though there are optional services:

- Each expansion that comes out every 1-2 years is $40, not bad really
- 50 character limit per account, 10 character limit per realm per account, 1 heroic character (death knight) per realm per account
- Character realm transfers are $25 per character if you want to transfer realms, has a 30 day wait after that
- Character rename is $10 per character, 30 day delay until you can do it again to same character
- Character recustomization (gender, skin color, etc) is $15 per character, 30 day wait after usage, optional name change is bundled. Though, the game features a barbershop where you can change your head hair, facial hair, tusks, horns, tatoos, earrings, etc for free. Well... free as in it doesn't cost real life money. You do need gold that you collect in the game to purchase barber shop stuff though.

And VT, aren't we already friends? *tight hug*

BTW, difference between barbershop and paid customization is barbershop does cosmetics whereas paid customization does skin color, gender, and name, as well as barbershop services of course.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:27:37 am by Princess Schala Zeal »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 04:16:45 pm »
I played Guild Wars, which had no monthly fee.  It was aite for a couple weeks then it got really boring.  Right now I'm playing :

Fable II - It's fun, I don't care what anybody says.  Beat it once with the most vile and evil character ever, which I LOVED!!  Now, I'm doing it again witha super jolly fat nice guy.  It's cool that everyone likes this guy, but I'll be honest, it was more satisfying when the town cleared from the evil fella wandering in.  Regardless, fun game.

College Hoops 2k8 - Rollin' with Sacramento State....turrible team but i've brought in some good recruits so it's lookin' up.  i still need to get to a bigger conference.

NCAA Football 09 - Took UNLV from the MWC to the Pac-10 woot woot.  Still, I HATE throwing int's!!!  It drives me crazy, really.

Haven't played CT in a few weeks (no DS for this guy) after starting a new game plus, going straight to the bucket for a rather disapointing ending....(no...I haven't seen them all)

Yup, I like sports and sports games, don't hate....don't hate...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2009, 01:54:23 am »
Just finished Justice For All so I started up...

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials & Tribulations - I'm only in the first case, but I enjoy how they've started it...much like Justice For All (where they had Phoenix get clonked over the head & lose his memory), they've managed to make a fun way to start the game with an introduction to the series & gameplay...I always liked Mia and it's good to see her in action as more than a spirit again...One thing so far that it's made me realize is how Phoenix's screwball friend hasn't been seen very much in the series since the first game...I wonder if he'll come back in this one (or maybe make an appearance in this flashback case)...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2009, 02:17:34 am »
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.

My goal is to get S rank on all missions. So far, I still have missions 3, 10, both 12's, 13, and 22 to get S rank on them.

Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing wrong in mission 3. Somehow, when I'm in the open sea, I finish the mission despite still having things to shoot down. The fleet is not even half-way from one side to the other of the combat area, and enemy planes are still on the way to enter it, with a few enemy ships still alive. Anyway, having rised from B to A in mission 22, I consider it enough for the day.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2009, 11:18:24 am »
Who is Phoenix's screwball friend again, Trans? (Obviously not Maya, since you speak of a male.)

EDIT: You should totally play Apollo Justice. Great GS game, and Case 4 is one of the best in the whole series.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2009, 12:22:22 pm »
Mother 3-

I'm playing this game again, practicing the rythem's and such until I'm ready for a 100% run. I plan to get everything. All the front/ Back Sprites, all the items at least once, and... Etc.

Final Fantasy VII-

Playing this one for the first time. It's really self explanatory.

CTDS-

I'm on my third NG+ run currently, attempting to get all of the items. I'm not gonna be done with this one until I have the Perfect file. With lvl ** Charecters and everything.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2009, 01:10:54 pm »
Who is Phoenix's screwball friend again, Trans? (Obviously not Maya, since you speak of a male.)

EDIT: You should totally play Apollo Justice. Great GS game, and Case 4 is one of the best in the whole series.

He means Larry Butz.

And Apollo Justice is the 4th game, so technically he should play it after T&T.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2009, 01:37:23 pm »
Ah, I forgot about him.

IDK if he played T&T after JFA. He might have played PW after JFA.

And the reason I said that was b/c there are people who bash AJ over the fact that Phoenix is no longer a playable character (which is wrong anyway since you play as him in Case 4 of AJ).

Also, concerning AJ, maybe they should show at least what happened to everyone in the seven years between T&T and AJ.

Edgeworth - What happened to him, since Apollo never takes him on?
Maya - Why wasn't she with Phoenix in that one case, State VS Enigmar?
Pearl - Kinda weird for an 8-year-old to just vanish.
Larry - What happened?
Franziska von Karma - Also never faced Apollo. Did she go back to wherever?
Manfred von Karma - Only appeared in one case. What was his fate?

And there should also be a point in which the player finds out about Apollo's father (The Amazing Justice, perhaps?), even if Apollo himself never finds out. And have Lamiroir reveal herself to Apollo and Trucy as Thalassa.

Simply put, Gyakuten Saiban 5 (not Gyakuten Kenji) needs to tie up all the loose ends.

EDIT: Added spoiler tags upon request of V_Translanka. I didn't spoiler the prosecutors since I never said who Apollo DOES take on.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 02:10:42 pm by Shadow D. Darkman »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2009, 01:57:02 pm »
Yeah, Larry's who I was talking about...Yes, I've been playing them in order...I am looking forward to Apollo Justice since those are the true DS games, right? So I figure they'll be more like the extra case in the DS remake of the first game with the nifty DS-centric features being used...

CTDS-

I'm on my third NG+ run currently, attempting to get all of the items. I'm not gonna be done with this one until I have the Perfect file. With lvl ** Charecters and everything.

I wouldn't count it unless all your characters had 99999999999999 (however many numbers) EXP, which I haven't even done in my SNES file (the only one I've really effed out at all besides just going for all endings)...;)