Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 52844 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 12:26:34 pm »
Shadow none of that here now.

Soul Calibur IV: Now I not playing as much but I still but it up every few days. As with the other games in the series it beautiful. Now the stages look alive with DoDo birds walking through the arena, crowds cheering on the circus it does a good job setting up the atmosphere. They drop the quest mode that was found in the older version in favor of something called TOWER MODE, with is just a bunch of fights back to back all with individual themes. A bit more challenging then the quest mode but not a fun over all. The Character builder is the highlight of this game with enough customizable to make almost anyone, just make sure that some using Sophitia's style is a girl or flaming gay.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 01:22:58 pm »
Mirror's Edge: Seen my brother play it. Great game. Played the Demo and the Races in the full version. I don't dare play the actual game until my brother finishes it. Then again, he's moving out soon so I either might not finish or might not get to play at all.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 04:23:22 pm »
I have recently starting replaying Narikiri Dungeon 3, after several weeks of not touching it.

All I can say is, it's really annoying not knowing exactly what's going on. I want to know why those seven were in Traitor's Foretress, other than what the name of the place implies.

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 08:18:21 pm »
Persona 4: I have been pretty much playing it off an on since I first got it. The game has been pretty interesting in it's plot and characters. Luckily I have had experience with the Shin Megami Tensei games. So it wasn't that difficult to deal with some of the enemies quirks in battle. It is always amusing to see a high school student summon a persona from mythology to fight some shadows in the TV world.

Fallout 3: I was playing Fallout 3 and ironically enough I haven't touched it since I got Persona 4. Even though this game does portray the Fallout universe quite well it does leave you a little overwhelmed. I played the first two games and it does live up to the previous games to extent. What I really miss was the Black Isle humor they put into the first two. Over all it is quite entertaining but until I finish Persona 4 I probably won't finish it.

Also when I finished the games I am currently playing I will start on Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. Much to my surprised I actually found the game in the mall in excellent condition with everything intact. This has been one of the more elusive games I have been trying to get for some time.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 09:28:09 pm »
Super Bomberman: I went to a vintage game store, bought a new SNES controller (looks like it's an after-market product) and this game. I'm hoping to find a multi-tap from eBay, but for now I'm just playing two player. Anyhow, this game is fucking AMAZING. The nostalgia aspect is overwhelming--simple gameplay, oldschool graphics, and just one helluva good time. There's really no story to this, I was just looking for something to play with a couple people, and going back to the SNES has done wonders for me.
Mortal Kombat 3: A friend of mine owns this...it's too fucking hard for its own good. But it's unbelievably fun. You all know Mortal Kombat--same graphics as always, and it's one the SNES--frustrating as it can be, it's a good game to kill time with.
Legend of Mana: I kinda got sidelined away from this game recently, but I was heavily dedicated to it a month ago. It's such a fantastic and underrated game...phenomenal music, breathtaking graphics...and a convoluted storyline. Unfortunately this is one of those games that gets bashed for its limited connection to the series, but it's damn fantastic. I'm trying to do as many of the quests as possible--team up with as many characters as I can, get as many items and artifacts as possible...but my break's coming to an end, so it looks like I'll have to put this one down for now.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 09:37:11 pm »
I am playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 on DS when I only have a few minutes for video games...  When I have a lot of time, however, I am currently playing through Half-Life 2 again.  Gosh, that game was genius.  I haven't played Episode One or Episode Two yet, but that's my goal after I finish Half-Life 2 again...  It makes me want to be a scientist.  Gordon Freeman is the shit.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:58:03 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 09:53:06 pm »
I am playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 on GBA when I only have a few minutes for video games...

You mean DS...? Or are you playing the first FFTA?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 09:57:48 pm »
Oh snap!  Correction:

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 on the DS.  Whoops!

Luso Clemons has got it in for me now!

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 11:11:34 pm »
I am playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 on DS when I only have a few minutes for video games...  When I have a lot of time, however, I am currently playing through Half-Life 2 again.  Gosh, that game was genius.  I haven't played Episode One or Episode Two yet, but that's my goal after I finish Half-Life 2 again...  It makes me want to be a scientist.  Gordon Freeman is the shit.

How would you rate Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2? Also the two episodes of Half-life 2 are quite interesting after the events of Half-Life 2 while leaving City 17.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 11:23:44 pm »
I thought FFTA2 was a slight improvement over FFTA, myself...But sadly still nothing compared to FFT...If I were to go the SRPG route on DS I'd have to go with Disgaea or Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (which I have, actually).

Yoko Endovale

• Guardian (+100)
  • Forever Dreaming of Home
    • View Profile
    • pl0ximity
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 07:13:14 pm »
Here we are...!

Radical Dreamers
Should be fairly obvious regarding my history here. Beta testing beta testing. Script checking and grammar fixing. Though without much new material to work with...! It's a little irritating having to start all over every time I repatch, LOL. And I got to figure out how to add in-game saves... ah, me oh my. Also picking up better on that Aussie accent, eh, mate? (Important to note though, in one of my fanfictions my character speaks HEAVY australian to the point it's almost unreadable. LOL.)

Chrono Cross
This is my... third time playing it? I haven't touched it since I was 16. Suddenly I'm seeing the entire game in a different light, and I have no idea why. I've come to severely dislike the fact the middle portion of the game makes you its bitch and basically drives Serge to the point where any normal person would just commit suicide. And why does it seem to me they don't WANT us to use Kidd at all in the game when she's a major character? Ah, but I still love it despite these little flaws. I'm about to go get rebirthed, YEAH! Also, ZOAH YOU LOUDMOUTH. I FIGURED OUT YOUR SECRET. YOU'RE SCREAMING BECAUSE YOU LOST YOUR HEARING AID, AND NAKED BECAUSE THEY KEEP TAKING YOUR DRESSES AWAY. YOU SILLY, AND YOUR SOUL'S NAME IS CELIA.

Mario Kart Wii
Not playing in a serious fashion. My sister just needs attention and we both highly enjoy dem Karting games there. Rozalina is tha lady, man! Her Luma giggles when you pull tricks on it.

That's it for now!

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 07:17:34 pm »
I don't get people that don't play video games for fun. It kind of annoys me, actually.

Um... I can't think of any sort of games that I want to play or don't want to play, so...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 08:24:38 pm »
It's a little irritating having to start all over every time I repatch, LOL.

Can't you just rename your savestates or w/e?

I don't get people that don't play video games for fun. It kind of annoys me, actually.

Maybe I missed it...Did someone say they weren't having fun playing something or was this just a random statement?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 08:35:05 pm »
Even if it was random, that's currently what I don't have with what I'm currently playing.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 09:03:06 pm »
What I was talking about is those crazy competitions that don't seem fun at all. That doesn't make sense.

Still can't think of anything.