Zenan Plains - Site Discussion > General Discussion

What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)

<< < (95/97) > >>

VidKid369:

--- Quote from: Boo the Gentleman Caller on July 18, 2022, 12:09:26 pm ---I keep eying Growlanser Generations....... What did you end up landing on?

--- End quote ---

You should definitely check out Growlanser Generations I know it took me years to pick it out of my collection and actually play it. I finished Growlanser II and it was really short so if you're looking for a quick romp around it should be up your alley. I have to go back someday and do all the character branches! I'm 8 hours into Growlanser III just mindlessly grinding.

I'm actually doing a bit of something right now. So I got a new Sony Bravia T.V. which's 4k and my god! games look so nice on it. The previous T.V. I had been using I kinda pressed down too hard on while I was cleaning it and it kinda I think broke the screen so it had this fuzziness on it it didn't deter me from playing games but it was nice to replace it with a brand-new one. I dunno too much about hardware how-to's but this 4k T.V. looks really nice when playing even older games on it!

So right now I'm playing Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for PS3. It's suuuper fun so far, I was kinda hesitant about using monsters in battle but it's not even an issue it's fun. It reminds me of Lufia 2 how you can feed items to your capsule monsters to help them grow stronger. Totally cool!

I ordered a PS2toHDMI converter which I'm waiting on the delivery on this afternoon cause the new T.V. doesn't have the composite switches for the PS2 - I was looking to hook that up as well and maybe play some games on it.

Boo the Gentleman Caller:

--- Quote ---So I got a new Sony Bravia T.V. which's 4k and my god! games look so nice on it. The previous T.V.
--- End quote ---

Congrats on the new television! I haven't made the 4k transition yet, but I know it's in the near future for me. Now that we no longer have satellite internet, I don't have to throttle our data with 360p and 720p streaming.

--- Quote ---So right now I'm playing Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for PS3.
--- End quote ---
Oh man, great game. I played through about 1/4 of the game two or three years ago and when we moved I put it on hold and never picked it back up. I really need to; I liked the story and the world and I'm a big fan of Ghibli and Level 5, so it was a match made in heaven for me. I actually just picked up the Nintendo Switch version so I can play it on the go and will restart it!

I have put I am Setsuna on hold briefly and am playing Dragon's Dogma. Yet another RPG I started but never beat. I actually really like the Souls series, even if they're too hard for me, but Dragon's Dogma is more my speed -- large monsters, open world, fun class system. With the announcement of Dragon's Dogma 2, I decided it's time I finish the first one. :)

I'm also still playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake, but can only play it on PC, and my time for console and PC gaming is very limited (compared to on-the-go gaming).

VidKid369:
@Boo the Gentleman Caller Hey duuude! I just beat Ni no Kuni. It was really fun. I'm doing post game right now and trying to collect more trophies.

But I really wanted to tell you that - I was so excited about playing Lunar this Christmas that I'm playing The Silver Star right now on my laptop I had laying around. I decided to try it out and go for it, not much of a PC gamer, since my Sega CD hasn't been working for years and hey I bought and own the game already! I got it to work and watched the intro yesterday and it got me so excited! Lunar has always been my favorite game and I haven't played the Sega CD versions in years!

Hope you're doing good man! Just thought you'd enjoy a little update on what I have been doing. :)

Toreadore:
Currently playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I suspect I am either at the end dungeon or the dungeon before the end dungeon, but at this point, I'm doing so many hero/side quests and exploring that I can't really tell). I know spoilers might be hard to avoid, but if you're interested in playing anytime soon, I would greatly recommend avoiding the hell out of spoilers.

All I can say is that I appreciate the sheer amount of work that has obviously gone into this game. I haven't enjoyed a JRPG this thoroughly since maybe Xenosaga Episode 3 (and not just because it has "Xeno" in the title). It has consumed every minute of my free time these last couple of weeks, and will until I've beaten the game, and I am good with that.

Boo the Gentleman Caller:

--- Quote ---But I really wanted to tell you that - I was so excited about playing Lunar this Christmas that I'm playing The Silver Star right now on my laptop I had laying around.
--- End quote ---

I'm ready, too, man! I'm excited. I've had a hankering to play it several times since we first talked about it.

--- Quote ---I just beat Ni no Kuni. It was really fun. I'm doing post game right now and trying to collect more trophies.
--- End quote ---

Dang it, I never beat it. I put maybe 20 hours in but didn't get super far. I really need to go back and play it, especially now that I have a version of it for the Switch. Maybe after Dragon's Dogma and I am Setsuna.

--- Quote ---Currently playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 3
--- End quote ---

I loved the first two, and I bought XC3 on day one. I just wish I could have nabbed a Collector's Edition! I'm waiting a while to play it, though. I generally like to play a game after all the patches and mainline DLC have released. For example, I didn't play XC2 until after Torna came out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version