Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 54076 times)

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #240 on: April 26, 2009, 05:13:52 am »
Resident evil 5 Failed!!! I was so dissapointing..... is just like 4 nothing new. Is like having Ashley next to you but this time she actually does something useful... But u still have to save her all the time. If you want some RE like go to Dead Space. I just want my run and shoot... RE5 needs patch!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #241 on: April 26, 2009, 02:29:57 pm »
Resident evil 5 Failed!!! I was so dissapointing..... is just like 4 nothing new. Is like having Ashley next to you but this time she actually does something useful... But u still have to save her all the time. If you want some RE like go to Dead Space. I just want my run and shoot... RE5 needs patch!

Don't play it alone.

RedNeckJiuJitsu

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 26, 2009, 08:24:15 pm »
I'm currently playing

Chrono Trigger Coliseum ROM hack: as I wait for CTDS to get here... Haven't actually gotten to the Coliseum yet, as I just started last night and only made it to Masa & Mune.
Also did a little on CT+ (cool, but hard as hell, can't even beat the Hetakes at the start), Prophet's Guile (taking Melchoir up Mt Woe), and the Crimson Echoes demo (although I'm stuck on it...).

Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds ROM hack: sort of playing it... I can't even figure out how to get to the guardhouse at the beginning of the game... Grrr...

Ninja Gaiden: on the xBox. working my way all the way through, since I still haven't beaten it yet. I'm just about to the first fight with Alma.

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword: started it, but now I'm gonna wait 'til I beat NG before I go through it... It's definitely an adjustment learning to attack with the stylus.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 08:27:29 pm by RedNeckJiuJitsu »

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2009, 12:38:39 am »
Oh man, in Star Ocean 4 I just synthesized EXP+20% four times on laser weapons, and EXP+15% three times on neck and wrist accessories for all four party characters, netting a whopping total of EXP + 680% because apparently it is additive in this game. Then I went and whupped some Metal Scumbag ass in one of the post-game dungeons and received over 2 million EXP per battle  :shock:! In a half hour I went from level 116 to level 255. I do believe this is the greatest levelling up trick in any RPG that I've ever discovered.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2009, 12:48:10 am »
Two... million? Then again, the fact level 100 isn't the limit doesn't make it too surprising.

Anyway, finally I have passed Genealogy of the Holy War. The final chapter was very annoying in terms of the enemy armies (Edda's and Freege's mainly), but at least it was straightforward unlike some of the earlier ones.

Now to begin with Thracia 776...

...probably.

Great, small glitch or bug in the ending. Not anything to care considering it only affects a little the ending sequence, but still...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 01:39:31 am by Acacia Sgt »

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2009, 01:38:16 pm »
Since I pretty much have done everything I could with CTDS, my DS was getting dusty. So I ordered a bunch of DS/GBA stuff from ebay. Mario Kart SC, Mario Kart DS, Final Fantasy III, IV, V advance, and VI advance. (I only paid 40 bucks plus shipping for the whole lot!)

Both Kart games are awesome. Highly suggest them to any fans of the MK series. Haven't got into the FF's yet, but I'm really looking forward to it, since I haven't played them in years.

I'm also starting to really improve with Street Fighter IV. Now that I have a joystick, I'm learning a lot.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 27, 2009, 08:41:29 pm »
Two... million? Then again, the fact level 100 isn't the limit doesn't make it too surprising.

I believe the number was more like 2,600,000 or so. And you have to unblock the level cap at lv 99 by gathering enough battle trophies. I don't know if you've played other Star Ocean games, but you could do similar tricks in the other ones - but they took an insane amount of time to prepare for because the Item Creation system wasn't as user friendly and you would have to reset the game hundreds of times just to get what you want. Well, in Star Ocean 4 you can't fail at Item Creation, so it is incredibly easy (too easy in fact) to do a trick like this. It took me only about 2 hours to gather the things that I needed and even then I wasn't sure if it would be additive or not. I'm pretty sure in Star Ocean 3 that the EXP + effects were only additive to a certain point, and beyond that it had no effect. Not so here.

Now that I think about it it is kind of a shame actually, because it just made the post-game dungeons laughably easy. I think I'm going to leave half my party with crap levels just to give me a challenge now.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 27, 2009, 08:49:11 pm »
I see. I have only played the first Star Ocean, and even so, the game kept freezing near the beginning.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2009, 10:39:27 pm »
Ah bummer, seems like it was a crappy ROM then. That's too bad because SO1 is one of the greatest games on the SNES. I dare say it is equal in greatness to Chrono Trigger (gasp!). I think you would really like it if you had a chance to play it. There are some good ROMs out there, and then there is that Star Ocean: First Departure remake for the PSP too.

The thing about that though is that they completely remade the game to make it just like SO2, and from what I've seen on Youtube videos I have to say that I definitely think that the remake in design erases some of the charm and beauty of the SNES original. The first Star Ocean was literally the most beautiful 2D game I've ever seen on the SNES, which is one of the reasons why the graphics patches for the ROM took forever to make.

Dejap.com has the completed graphics and translation patches, so you just need a quality ROM and you are good to go. I highly recommend playing it if you are an RPG fan and especially a fan of SNES rpgs.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 27, 2009, 10:55:22 pm »
So that's why. Well, thanks for that.

So, Star Ocean it is. Thracia 776 will have to wait.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2009, 12:59:34 am »
Let me know what you think of it  :D. It's personally one of my favorite series. I hold it to equal standing with the Chrono and Xeno series personally.

Also, have you played Tales of Phantasia? Expect the battle system in SO to be very similar to that game if you have, because some of the same developers of Tales of Phantasia made Star Ocean.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 01:06:30 am by chrono eric »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2009, 01:51:48 am »
Already beaten that one. It's my most favorite among the Tales series, though I have only played the Aselia games.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 01:53:22 am by Acacia Sgt »

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2009, 01:56:58 am »
Phantasy Star online is what i am playing.

On the Schthack server.

Tis enjoyable, I just wish I knew more of the story...

...and now THIS time its my Ms that are messing up... UGH.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2009, 06:38:12 am »
Yeah, I'll back chrono eric's saying that the original Star Ocean is about on-par with Chrono Trigger (I'd also throw in FFVI)...I hadn't even played very much of it and already loved it. The character branches had me playing 3 separate games because sometimes I got like that (totally destroys my ability to actually get through a game though >_<) for a while with various games (Sword of Mana & Seiken Densetsu III also fell to similar fates)...I'll probably d/l it again sometime (maybe after I'm done with this stupid Universe mode SO3 playthrough)...Though from what I've heard from everyone SO2 is the best in the series, so I can't imagine why First Departure being more like that would be a bad thing...

Oh, and PSOnline totally ruined the series for me...Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium was another game in the same era of Chrono Trigger that deserves as much accolades and then then just ran the entire series into the ground by turning it into a blech MMO...I wonder if PS0 (zer0) will be any good (I guess it's out in Japan)...looks more like the MMO versions, but I haven't read up on it...*sigh* RIP PS series...

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2009, 07:25:05 am »
Wahoo I finally beat Red Alert 2!! Well, Soviet Side anyway :p. Man the second to last mission was SO hard. I redid it about 30 times >_>. I can't believe I managed to beat it. I guess I'll have to play "Yuri's Revenge" next... and then I'll get Red Alert 3! I hope it can run alright on my computer. I have more than a gig of ram... it says that's what's required.