Author Topic: In Need of Peculiar Help...  (Read 868 times)

Geolojazz

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
In Need of Peculiar Help...
« on: May 04, 2005, 11:23:36 pm »
Hello!

I'm new here, and first off, great site! Man, I wish I had found it a while ago...I found Chrono Trigger when I was in high school, and man, it brings back such good memories...and thanks to New Game +, I can relive those memories again...and again...and again...

But yes, I do have an ulterior motive for being here. I'm a cosplayer in need of images of Gato (Gonzales) for a costume I'm making...I hope to complete a Gato costume within the month, and I want to get some details right...

So, can anyone help me out? Much obliged!!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile

Magus-X

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 01:05:57 am »
There was actually a chrono trigger show or someone just made that.

Geolojazz

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 10:24:44 am »
PERFECT. Thank you very much!!

I started work on the costume last night: The base will be wire frame, with paper mache, and pylons will be used for arms and legs.

The Chrono Trigger OVA is, from what I gather, a short film that was used to promote Chrono Trigger at trade shows. It's a half-hour adventure of a Nu and a Kilwala at the Millennial Fair, with a few cameos by familiar faces. Gato ROCKS in it. You get to hear the operatic version of Gato's song. ^_^

You can find it on many, uh, places to download stuff. I watched it at a friends house on her computer. It's no Chrono Trigger movie, but it's hilarious in an off-the-wall way.

But here's a question...is it connected with the CT ending where you get a Nu and a Kilwala doing strange things?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 07:31:08 pm »
tisk tisk...if you're going to make a Gato costume, it should be a fully functioning Mecha...

And you'd damn well better have a trap door in your belly that shoots out a boxing glove!

AlphaAzn

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 10:33:06 pm »
Sweet! I've never seen anyone cosplay as Gato before

Geolojazz

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 10:47:18 am »
Lol...

Well, I've had several people request the boxing glove, but considering that I've injured myself enough in the making of this costume without using non-stationary objects...

I started on Sunday, and the wireframe body is complete. I'll start mache today or tomorrow, and it has to be done in less than 2 weeks. If anyone wants pictures...I'll make them available. ^_^