Author Topic: Ender's Game  (Read 1072 times)

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Ender's Game
« on: March 30, 2005, 01:46:04 am »
Anyone here ever read the Ender's Game set by Orson Scott Card?  Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind?

Excellent books, some of the best Science Fiction that I've ever read.  And the thing is, it's not really science fiction, at least not at it's heart.  It's more about the people, rather than the technology.

AlphaAzn

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Ender's Game
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 10:36:42 pm »
Those books are awesome. Hes writing a last book that ties in Children of the Mind and Shadow of the Giant. The last book is gonna be 1337.

Deus Chisa

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Ph'nglui mglwnafh Yukari Mayohiga wgah'nagl fthagn
    • View Profile
Ender's Game
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 04:00:13 am »
I love the original series.  But the Shadow series - well, it's like X-Men.  It retcons almost everything established in the original books.  Plus, the ending is kinda obvious.  "Then Arkanian and Delphiki had some descendants who spoke Portuguese and ended up founding a colony that had aliens on it."  Thus, it has earned my ire.

AlphaAzn

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Ender's Game
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 05:27:25 pm »
Its still going to be awesome with Bean's kids and the one they never found. I heard its gonna take place after Children of the Mind

Crystal Zeal

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Ender's Game
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 07:44:01 pm »
I read Ender's Game, but wasn't too compelled to read further into the series. It was a good book, though.