Author Topic: 2009- the beginning of the chrono chross manga  (Read 774 times)

Chronomage002

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
2009- the beginning of the chrono chross manga
« on: January 09, 2009, 02:09:16 pm »
the time has finally come to come out of sleeping CC/CT fans! its time this site releases its own special peice of work to place it on the top- thats right a chrono chross manga!

i finally have the software- the skills- and atience to complete this feat- BUT- i require the compendium's assistance.
I have played chrono chross, thousands of time but i require a historian of chrono chross someone special thats right a require a job a co worker if you must. I don't want to miusinterpet anything while making the manga so-

this "historian" has to be pretty damn good. why? well this historian is also going to serve as the story writer. thats right! well here are his/her duties.
~ must be willing to continueproject until the end.
~must have full knowledge of theories and facts about chrono chross and how it ties in with chrono trigger and be able to guide readers through the plot quickly without making it TOO long(as in inyuyasha anime LONG).  :picardno
~must be able to condense the plot into a series of seperate manga volumes (however many there will be) into microsoft word documents which i will read and transform into the manga.

(~also must be able to write a script for each.)<--- this can be seen as a seperate job because the script has to be from the game (basically take the most important lines from the game that make the storyline move. Doesn't all have to be from the game.)

also i will require ONE illustrator for the covers. why? because while im busy making the manga- some else should make the cover(im a novice at coloring though i have the software to do so- and will make the cover if no one applies)
~must beable to make a cover out of sketch given to him/her by me.

~also i require someone that can get me screenshots from inside the game for background purposes.(i know you guys dont want chronopolis looking like new york lol.)

and last but not least i will require (one soda- moutain dew please lol) a site to store all these files in. im not talking about small files- these files are pretty big per page. so if the compendium can help there because my hard drive will explode if it has to hold all these pages and blueprints.

These jobs should be relativly easy (depends on how good you are with your job.) and im sure you guys that i need are here one the compendium. dont be shy you can all be part of something greater and leave a mark on all CC/CT fans who come to the compendium to read the manga!

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
Re: 2009- the beginning of the chrono chross manga
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 07:37:59 pm »
I don't have the skills or time to help in other ways, but if you need a place to store the images I can offer my hard drive space. I run 2 terabyte hardrives and I have a ton of free space, I could setup a hamachi sever or another peer-to-peer file server if you like.

I know it's not the ideal model, as a website would be easier to work with, but just giving you the option if necessary. I'd hate to see a project like this not get done simply because of space issues.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 04:23:36 am »
You...really plan to do an entire manga on Chrono Cross, eh?

Uh...

I know it's not right to discourage fan activity, but you'll have to excuse me for believing this is totally not going to happen in a thousand years...

MDenham

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Glowsticks are not a weapon.
    • View Profile
    • Java IRC - konata.echoes-online.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 06:10:23 am »
I know it's not right to discourage fan activity
Can I do it for you then? :D

Speaking as someone who has an extreme inability to get things done, I suggest the OP give up now and devote his time to more useful pursuits, like coming up with new textures for models for CC:DBT (hey, he's got the artistic talent, there's a good use to put it to).

6502x86

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 11:41:09 am »
I've got a site. 

I also have a minor talent for writing, but it may not be the kind of writing you're looking for. Also, you don't need a historian per se, just someone willing to check ALL the facts before putting down their pen and writing.

Also: don't listen to naysayers, but be realistic! It's alright to have a dream, but don't let it become a delusion, or it will end up like my old project Chrono Rae.

Edit: HELL YEAH, I'M AN IOKAN.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:47:44 am by 6502x86 »