Author Topic: could lavos's body have been a organic space ship?  (Read 13066 times)

Lavos

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: could lavos's body have been a organic space ship?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 07:23:03 am »
Guys

You are comparing Lavos, an entity who likely evolved in environments vastly different from Earth's, to creatures that evolved in Earth's environments.

Who says that its aura doesn't somehow allow it to see or something?

Chrono45

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Just a guy who likes CT ALOT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 08:24:57 pm »
Well I think you guys are tackling this idea of a "bio-spaceship" wrong. First a good question may be to ask what qualifies as a spaceship. If it is just an exterior protectant that shrouds one during space travel then, I mean, by definition it is quite a spaceship. I feel the spirit of this bio-spaceship however is either "was it grown seperate from him for space travel" or "was it evolutionary designed as its main task to enable space travel." as far as it being grown separate from him that doesn't seem likely because his children are already wearing them and they are like less than 400 years old or something (presumable born after he landed at death mountain).

The second question seems very plausible to me because lavos is assumable able to take and integrate dna into his active dna.  This being possible he may be able to just design any sort of form he would like for any sort of reason. However, his shell did seem to have many other functions such as his "destruction rains from the heavens attack" which he uses several a time just to destroy the world (12000 bc in the ocean palace and 1999). Anyways, I equate his shell to more that of like a turtle or so, it is used as a defensive barrier to thwart the environment. Which seems quite necessary as he goes from the vacuum of space and then to the center of the earth (assumable quite hot and quite pressurized). If I had to choose to label his shell with a form of biotechnology it would be a terra/spacesuit much less than a ship.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 08:48:29 pm »
What if Lavos is more like "The Thing" and never assumes the same form twice? It only made Lavos Spawn when it had the shell. But you go inside and what's in there? No Lavos Spawn.

Chrono45

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Just a guy who likes CT ALOT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 09:17:33 pm »
Um... I guess im not quite sure what your saying. To speculate whether lavos can only take a form once seems a little to much of a statement to make without any evidence, but i could see that he would never revert back to another form. I say this because presumable he would just continually adopt more efficient designs with little reason to revert to a less efficient one.

As far as the lavos spawn thing goes i am just saying that presumable the shell grew around their body, or perhaps that the shell was the first part to take structure because it doesn't appear that they have an interior yet (since they were killed from outside of the shell but this is probably a discussion for another thread). anyways, I guess im not sure on what you mean when you say that you don't see a lavos spawn when you enter lavos (i'm confused on how this relates to the topic, but I do agree with you, there is no lavos spawn in their). could you elaborate more on that for me?

Lavos, a one-eyed tick

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Yep, that's me. The big one-eyed space tick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2019, 10:21:13 pm »
I see that, that would explain the "eye" on Lavos' "Shell", most likely some sort of observation port for Lavos. Very likely. Would've said the reproduction cycle counters it, but, perhaps the ship is created first. Hmm....

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2019, 12:20:58 pm »
Possibly... but... Lavos is fiction... are it?

Isnīt it looks like fireball?

Lavos, a one-eyed tick

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Yep, that's me. The big one-eyed space tick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2020, 12:45:32 pm »
"Isn't it looks like fireball?"
Pardon me, what does that mean?

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2020, 03:41:39 pm »
"Isn't it looks like fireball?"
Pardon me, what does that mean?
It looks like fireball... well... more better said it nt looks... it was fireball... but it was so hot?

Are it hurted and get that angry and?

Sheiken

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2020, 04:26:41 pm »
Consider that the more humanoid cores within the "shell" of Lavos are not even his nucleus, I am going to have to say no.  We even see him regenerate the humanoid version of himself during the final battle after it has been obliterated several times.  Lavos is just one giant being that goes through a series of evolutions controlled by what was the left pod in the final battle (from the player perspective).  As long as that core is intact, the rest of him can heal and evolve as needed.  That pod is also not a separate entity by itself, but simply the true nucleus of a much large entity.  When it is killed, the other parts do not keep fighting without it.  They all die off with the nucleus.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 04:29:02 pm by Sheiken »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2020, 05:44:48 am »
Organic space ships... Got me thinking of the Yuzhan Vong from Star Wars EU

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2020, 03:03:46 pm »
Organic space ships... Got me thinking of the Yuzhan Vong from Star Wars EU
You meen Star Wars Legends :( .
That at big war... bigger what movies show...  :cry: