Author Topic: (Please read first post!) Chrono Trigger + 1.08/1.1 Bug report thread  (Read 6482 times)

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
Re: (Please read first post!) Chrono Trigger + 1.08/1.1 Bug report thread
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 06:25:33 pm »
Yes  but now they have to fix the script errors and stuff .
Be patient

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 06:34:07 pm »
Exactly, thank you Gingerestfan.

I'm just guessing the time it will take Zakyrus to fix what ever is wrong, as I haven't talked to him personally about it yet.

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 09:11:50 pm »
Z had a week as the estimate, but a few more problems then originally expected were found. Mainly Azure and I don't want anyone to be expecting the release in a week for SURE, just that a week is possible; it is more reasonable to expect a few weeks, seeing as how Z has a life, and Azure and I can't read the code well enough to fix the issues (minus the Masamune, but that was luck more then anything :)).

Anyway, here are the bugs I found in 600 AF during the Masamune/Hero's Medal quest:

-The sentries at the entrance to Castle Guardia have dialogue issues: first sentry has the comma misplaced, should be after cornered, not Hero; second sentry's ending period has a space between it and the last word.

-The soldier at the stairs going down to the barracks has no title, such as Soldier or Sentry, just his text box.

-When you get the jerky rations, there is a huge space between Jerky and rations.

-Robo says to Aquire the Masamune. Should be Acquire.

-Frog, after you get the Masamune hilt, says "No one can reforge tha Masamune". Should be the.

Nintendonick4

• Iokan (+1)
  • Savior of You
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 05:48:05 pm »
Bah, I will likely have to wait until 1.1 for testing. I moved to a place with no internet, and I'm sure Z can sympathize with it being difficult to download things.

But I will get it! I will, even if I have to ride the bus to a relative's house.

Also, FaustWolf, about the Zonker shooting arrows: I remember seeing this somewhere before, although I don't remember if it was an earlier build of CT+ or vanilla CT. I assumed they were tranquilizer darts. It seemed logical.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 08:02:42 pm »
Ah, okay, that would make sense for the Zonker then.

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 10:57:24 pm »
-In 600 AF, Truce market merchant says "If the Hero is triumhant", should be triumphant.
-During Ioka Village party, Robo tells Lucca "That depends on what you definition of love is." Should be your.
-During Masamune repair scene, Melchior says "Then, a spell must be cast to seal the weild." Did you mean wield? Or weld? I would just use bond or fusion.

Z, if you want I can go through and fix the dialogue mistakes as I go, and send you the fixed version. If you don't need me to though that's fine.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 01:36:50 pm »
Thanks for all the posts everyone...

What appears to have happened is some of the exports didn't save correctly for some strange reason...when I exported them from the development version. When I imported them into the Beta test, all kinds of problems would come up.

Such as treasure, exits, Events, etc. etc.

It's a little late, but the Heckran Caverns/OW freeze can be easily fixed by exporting "{0} OW Events" from a fresh ROM and importing them into CT+

Z, if you want I can go through and fix the dialogue mistakes as I go, and send you the fixed version. If you don't need me to though that's fine.

Oh god, no. The version I'm going to release soon is vastly improved from what you guys have now.
Other than typos, the event files are radically different. Yeah. I don't have it done, but you guys have given me a lot of things to fix that I didn't see (in either event version). It will be revealed, in time, all in time...  8)

Z had a week as the estimate, but a few more problems then originally expected were found. Mainly Azure and I don't want anyone to be expecting the release in a week for SURE, just that a week is possible; it is more reasonable to expect a few weeks, seeing as how Z has a life, and Azure and I can't read the code well enough to fix the issues (minus the Masamune, but that was luck more then anything :)).

Yep. That's quantum probability for ya.  :wink:

So, I've beaten the game now, the only thing I didn't do was the sun stone, because for some reason I couldn't...  I beat the black omen, no issues there as far as I saw, and Lavos has been struck down. (By the way, I like what you changed there, pretty cool.)

All in all, aside from what has already been posted, I have found no bugs, so hopefully this means 1.1 should be out by Feb..  But don't take my word for it.

Aw. You didn't get both the Sun Stone and an extra Moon Stone by altering time then?  :lol:

~Z

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2009, 11:38:50 am »
Bumpity Bump-Pow!

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2009, 04:04:42 pm »
Is that it for posts? I have most of the bugs removed so we are getting closer to that last and final test 1.09 before the 1.1 release. The only thing taking so long is that the puzzles are being a pain to code. Other than that, this hack is just awesome -- if I do say so myself.

Well, stay tuned!

~Z

CrunchyFrog

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Hey, I don't want to sound like a nag but, uh, it's been a month? What happened? Status update? I was really looking forward to this and you had made it sound like it was fairly close to completion.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
Hey, I don't want to sound like a nag but, uh, it's been a month? What happened? Status update? I was really looking forward to this and you had made it sound like it was fairly close to completion.

Patience. When you see why it's taking some time, you'll understand.   :D

But, yeah, I can understand where you're coming from. I'll try to have some kind of update soon. Maybe later tonight, if all goes well.

~Z
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 07:58:29 pm by Zakyrus »

Nintendonick4

• Iokan (+1)
  • Savior of You
    • View Profile
We await further gifts eagerly, milord.

*bows*

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
1.85 bug report:

In intro sequence, forgot to put "of" between "billions" and "galaxies".
In the new part of the millenial fair (southern section), there are some graphic issues (random fencing and flags).
Gargoyle cycles through all the ranks, instead of just saying what yours is (maybe only happens at lowest ranking, don't know for sure yet).

Will update as I find more.

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Just to clear the above post up;  The new beta has been released to a select few.  Those who are able to recieve this beta have already been contacted.  As upsetting as it is that we cannot share this release with the public either, it is also promising as it means we are getting close to our next full public release.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
Just to clear the above post up;  The new beta has been released to a select few.  Those who are able to recieve this beta have already been contacted.  As upsetting as it is that we cannot share this release with the public either, it is also promising as it means we are getting close to our next full public release.

Yep. The next test version will be out soon. Then, if all goes well...release!

~Z