Author Topic: What ever happend to Melchior? Potentional spoilers!  (Read 4267 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: What ever happend to Melchior? Potentional spoilers!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 06:59:04 pm »
If they didn't got Time Bastared, then will they appear along the originals?

Now, the Black Gate thing is probably how they are discarded since in these new events they aren't going to be dragged off into gates.

Melchior in 1,000 AD is always the original, who remembers the original incident as it went without Crono and Magus.

Well, all that is what I think.

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 07:06:26 pm »
It has been said that the Melchior you meet on the Mountain of Woe gets a taste of Time Bastard alongside Young Janus.

Personally, I don't believe it.

I believe the black portal sent them to the times that they were supposed to be sent to, thus preserving the flow of time. Melchior was sent to Medina, where he became a swordsmith. Janus was sent to 600 A.D. where he would grow up and become Magus.

It counteracts the fact that if they weren't sent back, then Melchior would not be there to be mentioned by the two imps you meet in Medina, nor repair the Grandleon, and Fiendlord Magus would never exist.

However, if Melchior and Janus DID cease to exist because of Time Bastard, then their memories must be transferred to the originals who assisted Crono in his adventures, otherwise it would result in a paradox asking why Melchior doesn't remember meeting Crono in Zeal when he clearly did, and did not go nuts like Belthasar did in the ruined future, and why Magus doesn't recall Crono coming to Schala's aid in her time of need. IMO, Time Traveler's Immunity only prevents what has already happened from not happening, such as Magus not suddenly forgetting that Crono died, despite witnessing the event. Though Janus did not witness it, Magus did.

This is all well and good, however, in ether case, if Melchior didn't remember who they where, vs if he did, in the end he seems to be friendly with them regardless. Perhaps if he didn't remember, he might not be so willing to make 20 more rainbow swords and armor for their army, however, if that was the case, then Dalton wouldn't really have any problems with them ether. The relationship between Melchior and Dalton before the events of Trigger are unknown, but I would guess he was probably around the same type of person. That is of course, if the gate Dalton went through didn't have its own set of rules.

I assumed he did remember after you changed they past, but then again, maybe he didn't.

To quote Doctor Who "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 07:16:42 pm by lockgar »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 07:35:38 pm »
Doctor Who is FULL OF WIN. I loved the one with the television parasite (around the 50s I think) b/c when the control freak father goes "I... AM... TALKING!!!" and the Doctor goes "AND I'M NOT LISTENING!!!"

FULL OF WIN.

Seriously.

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 07:43:20 pm »
Doctor Who is FULL OF WIN. I loved the one with the television parasite (around the 50s I think) b/c when the control freak father goes "I... AM... TALKING!!!" and the Doctor goes "AND I'M NOT LISTENING!!!"

FULL OF WIN.

Seriously.

On that subject, Crono is actually a Time Lord.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 07:44:28 pm »
Screenshot or he's just a traveler who saved the future.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 07:53:16 pm »
I know this is off topic and not contributing to the thread, but...

Thought is hardcore in Doctor Who... When he gets here... Oh man.  It's on like Donkey Kong.

PS - They just announced the new Doctor.

art_garfunkel

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 09:50:52 pm »
Lucca was kidnapped by Lynx, she does not flee the house, and she does not die. (Check the firelight conversation between Serge and Kid in Cross after the Water Dragon Isle massacre.) It's entirely possible that she sold weapons to Porre only after the fall of Guardia, and was simply making the best of a bad situation.

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 10:36:55 pm »
Lucca was kidnapped by Lynx, she does not flee the house, and she does not die. (Check the firelight conversation between Serge and Kid in Cross after the Water Dragon Isle massacre.) It's entirely possible that she sold weapons to Porre only after the fall of Guardia, and was simply making the best of a bad situation.

To run off of Art's idea, after the fall of Guardia she may have had no choice but to sell weapons to Porre, after all they must realize how dangerous her technology could be. If she wasn't aiding them I would bet she would have been imprisoned and the orphanage closed down, and Lucca wouldn't have let that happen. Even if she had to work for the 'bad guys' to save her kids she would.

art_garfunkel

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 10:53:54 pm »

To run off of Art's idea, after the fall of Guardia she may have had no choice but to sell weapons to Porre, after all they must realize how dangerous her technology could be. If she wasn't aiding them I would bet she would have been imprisoned and the orphanage closed down, and Lucca wouldn't have let that happen. Even if she had to work for the 'bad guys' to save her kids she would.
Maybe Dalton was engaging in a little old-fashioned extortion to get technology out of Lucca? Maybe he was more than happy to let Lynx raid the orphanage in exchange for his services? When are they going to announce a new Chrono game to answer all of this?

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 11:08:30 pm »

Maybe Dalton was engaging in a little old-fashioned extortion to get technology out of Lucca? Maybe he was more than happy to let Lynx raid the orphanage in exchange for his services? When are they going to announce a new Chrono game to answer all of this?

Tomorrow. It will be announced tomorrow.

...or so I tell myself every morning.

In all honesty though the worst part is that when a new Chrono is released it will probably bring more questions then answers. If it takes place chronologically after Chrono Cross then I don't see much of those mysteries between CT and CC being explained. Now if it happens following CT or in the years between CT and CC then we might get some answers... or we might not as the timeline may have changed in ways we haven't yet seen (we still have no idea what the ideal world ended up being or if the time traveling events of CC were retained).

art_garfunkel

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 11:27:16 pm »

Tomorrow. It will be announced tomorrow.

...or so I tell myself every morning.

In all honesty though the worst part is that when a new Chrono is released it will probably bring more questions then answers. If it takes place chronologically after Chrono Cross then I don't see much of those mysteries between CT and CC being explained. Now if it happens following CT or in the years between CT and CC then we might get some answers... or we might not as the timeline may have changed in ways we haven't yet seen (we still have no idea what the ideal world ended up being or if the time traveling events of CC were retained).
As long as Crono is in it prominently, they'll have to explain all of this.

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 12:13:06 am »
If they didn't got Time Bastared, then will they appear along the originals?

Now, the Black Gate thing is probably how they are discarded since in these new events they aren't going to be dragged off into gates.

Melchior in 1,000 AD is always the original, who remembers the original incident as it went without Crono and Magus.

Well, all that is what I think.

Yea this is right.  Shadow D. Darkman's version sounded like a reverse-time bastard idea (i.e. the original Melchior is replaced by the new one).   

Funny story though, the Frog/Queen Leene ending is almost an example of reverse-time bastard:

When Marle exits the gate, she already bears the frog genes that she didn't originally have.  Even though it is a joke ending, it's just funny that there is more "highlighted evidence" for the opposite of Time Bastard.

Even stranger is that I argued awhile ago that Marle was reverse-TB'ed in 600AD....

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 12:54:31 am »
Screenshot or he's just a traveler who saved the future.

Also, Kid is actually the daughter clone of Doctor who, and goes by the name of Jenny on the main land.

If they where to make a sequel, I would hope they would they would place it in the new time line, but back between CT and CC.... AND AFTER CC WITH WHEN YOU TRAVEL FOWARD IN TIME!!!

If they don't have it in the new universe, it would seem like CC never happened. Unless at the end of that game, after beating down Dalton "Wild guess here" and ending the war, there is a huge white light, and your standing in a completely peaceful, non war-torn field, with some blond girl in a white dress and a pink bow walking by the camera.

Its been ten years since the last Chrono game, They usually like to do things by 5s, since that is when we heard about Chrono Break. If anything, I will hope for an announcement this year. After this year though, I will go back to assume they gave up again.

That seems more likely, minus the letting them burn part :p, however she probably didn't even know there where kids hiding in those places.

Yea this is right.  Shadow D. Darkman's version sounded like a reverse-time bastard idea (i.e. the original Melchior is replaced by the new one).  

Funny story though, the Frog/Queen Leene ending is almost an example of reverse-time bastard:

When Marle exits the gate, she already bears the frog genes that she didn't originally have.  Even though it is a joke ending, it's just funny that there is more "highlighted evidence" for the opposite of Time Bastard.

Even stranger is that I argued awhile ago that Marle was reverse-TB'ed in 600AD....

So are you saying he would probably remember Crono afterward, or that he wouldn't? If we go off that theory?

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 01:16:42 am »
If we went off "reverse-TB" (lol) as seen in the game, the new Melchior would NOT remember Crono. But if he had, say, sustained an extra scar in 12000BC the second time around, that scar would be with him.  Or perhaps only changes that would be innate to the "new" you would actually manifest, like in Marle's case.

(Like how Marle did not recall ever being part frog, yet her body accounted for those changes as she came out of the gate -- weird that mind and body are separate)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 01:27:23 am »
I don't recall, but does the game show that the Melchior in the new Ocean Palace Incident is dragged into a gate?